Archived Faster way to print labels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antivibe

Salesfloor TL
Is there a faster way to print labels (short yellow labels that go on shelves) using RF Apps? Or am I stuck using the 'Label Printing' app? The thing that I hate about the label printing app is that I always have to change the label size to regular and then when it asks "which schematic?" I have to press the schematic 87 times for it to go to the next screen. I know how to print signs using RF APPS: SIGN but can we use it to make labels?

Also a couple of weeks ago I had to print 20+ labels for the same product. I ended up scanning the item 10 times and then gave up due to the slowness of the app. Is there a way to enter a quantity in the label app?

You should be able to enter n-1 quantity after scanning a upc on the ap (so if you need 20, you scan an item and then enter 19). If you're doing tons of labels of similar items it MIGHT be faster, and better looking, if you just did the printing off the computer. However, you're stuck with the label maker if you're doing a bunch of different items for PTM or etc.

Use a portable printer with yellow labels. Use label app, go to generic label, select portable printer, select amt & dpci then conitnue, scan item UPC or type in dpci. Scan or type in printer number. One label will print, then hit amt for more same label.
Or, ask your fitting room to load her portable print with yellow label & print that way too. It is a fast way of getting replacement/new pog labels or generic ones.
Just show your operator how to load the printer with labels & use your radio to ask them real nice to load up for you. My operator knows when I say, operator, what's my lucky number today? She'll say, hang on(with a laugh), your number is 0200 & is ready to go. You never have to leave the floor to print labels.

You can print UPC labels by using the rf apps. Option 1 stockroom, then option 6 barcode label. Gives 3 choices. 1. UPC, 2. UPC & price, 3. UPC with date.

I wasn't aware that there was a quantity button/screen. I'll make sure to look for it next time. Thanks!
I'm always stuck with using the main printer so recently I've just been scanning the item and then just punching in 20 or XX in the computer's 'copies' field.

When you scan an item it should come up with the bar again that you can manually type in the dpci/upc. Just type in the N-1 quantity and it'll make extra copies.

I hate using the portable printers...they don't look like the other labels and it makes the shelf look like crap IMO. One time when I was resetting an aisle, a pricing TM came through and tried to put one of those labels up over my brand new label strips- I told her not to put it up and that I would make a new one myself at the printer in the back. Having OCD sucks sometimes...

You can print UPC labels by using the rf apps. Option 1 stockroom, then option 6 barcode label. Gives 3 choices. 1. UPC, 2. UPC & price, 3. UPC with date.

What The Anti Vibe is asking is whether or not it's possible to print the shelf labels using RF Apps, not the UPC labels.

Click into the label printing app, before you scan anything, click the "generic label" button.... It's on the bottom left corner, click the options you want, like regular or short labels, size, price or no price,
Then, scan away. If you need more than one, after scanning input the quantity. There is no label printing in RF apps now. Wish they'd left it in there.... It still runs slow but you don't have to stop to pick pogs/schematics.

These are all methods for GENERIC labels only. If you need schematics, there is no faster way short of printing off entire POG/Revision sets from the SIGN/LABEL PC.

You can do pog labels on the portable printer too. 4 labels on signing PCM vs portable printer. Each page is 30 labels.

I hate using the portable printers...they don't look like the other labels and it makes the shelf look like crap IMO. One time when I was resetting an aisle, a pricing TM came through and tried to put one of those labels up over my brand new label strips- I told her not to put it up and that I would make a new one myself at the printer in the back. Having OCD sucks sometimes...

I let them put it up, then go back and take them down later. I'm a perfectionist.

If you need to drop a huge batch that includes 3x5 ads, tpc or the 7x11 -- you'll have to use the main printer. But at least you can have a batch already set for you and just load paper/print. In and out.

Rf shortcut for UPC labels is bcode -- FYI.

Also, am I the only one who hates it when the 3x5 ad or tpc signing gets placed on the small plastic thingies that pricing uses to notify guests of a recent tpc -- with the little yellow half circle slit thing? I wind up taking them all off when I see them in market, then rehang the 3x5's so it looks better visually -- otherwise it looks like total ass.

It's possible to do replacement labeling or labeling of product being flexed out via rf apps. But when you're doing endcap rotations -- it's quicker to just drop pog labeling batches and go print them off.

I usually keep an eye on upcoming rotations and have new endcap label strips already printed out and ready to go -- stored in a nice binder that also holds the planogram digits and map of the stage where they should be tied/dropped.

Also, I'm pfresh son. Knowing how to do this **** is mandatory. Pfresh ppl don't slack off if that's what you're implying.

Man, I'm tired. Pfresh folks know how to do monarchs and regular labeling + signing. It's part of the core training required in order to be a PA, and then some.

We run market. The rest of the store is irrelevant, since everything around us is either dead or dying. As such, it deserves much higher consideration.

I really do wish the LODs and leadership would understand that we're not regular SFTMs and have as much responsibility as TLs and double the workload -- without having a team backing us up.

I let them put it up, then go back and take them down later. I'm a perfectionist.

If you need to drop a huge batch that includes 3x5 ads, tpc or the 7x11 -- you'll have to use the main printer. But at least you can have a batch already set for you and just load paper/print. In and out.

Rf shortcut for UPC labels is bcode -- FYI.

Also, am I the only one who hates it when the 3x5 ad or tpc signing gets placed on the small plastic thingies that pricing uses to notify guests of a recent tpc -- with the little yellow half circle slit thing? I wind up taking them all off when I see them in market, then rehang the 3x5's so it looks better visually -- otherwise it looks like total ass.

I love those! Just don't fold the flap & slide in.

I apologize for bumping the thread, but........

During my time O/N, one of my TLs showed me how to print labels, both POGs and individual labels in batches. Is there a way to print the labels that have the aisle number and barcode (above the POG/MPG label in an aisle or at the right end of the basedeck next to the POG label for an endcap)? Many of ours are missing or don't scan anymore.

It can be done. We had the same issue, it was pricing tl or my etl printed out laisle label for all areas. I'll ck on workbench today.

During my time O/N, one of my TLs showed me how to print labels, both POGs and individual labels in batches. Is there a way to print the labels that have the aisle number and barcode (above the POG/MPG label in an aisle or at the right end of the basedeck next to the POG label for an endcap)? Many of ours are missing or don't scan anymore.

Easy. In label printing, just type in the aisle number - say B29 - to print aisle label.

You need to have access in HOST. I have my own account so I can print those for the plano team when we are in seasonal. It's under Add/Remove SF Locations. But you can really screw this up by adding locations that don't exist. Then it will print them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back