Archived Father's Day ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm looking for ideas for front of store for Father's Day coming up. Any of you have exceptionally creative VMTL's that came up with something awesome? I feel like we had all these vendors come with awesome shippers and flower displays and stuff for Mother's Day and well fathers got the shaft so I want to set up a nice display with solid inventory. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Beer, electronics (drones maybe?), movies, shaving stuff, bbq/picnic stuff, patio stuff.

Just thinking of gifts. No clue how one could display this stuff for father's day.

I remember when I was backroom on Flow and Fathers Day would be approaching. I would end up pulling 4 to 5 large repacks of just Mens underwear a night. Excluding Christmas time, the normal pull would be less than a full repack.

FYI: Although they may need them, no father wants underwear as a Fathers Day gift.

What about tools. Car wash supplies maybe on a convertible. Hose, buckets sponges etc.

B7gEyNkCEAEvz7P.jpg:large

We have 2 displays of father's day cards and a bunch of BBQ type food items/grill supplies. We've sold a ton of greeting cards....and those suckers aren't cheap. I have guests spending $30 on 4 cards. The Papyrus-brand ones can push $10 a card which is ridiculuous if you ask me.

Tools, car/truck accessories, sports/fishing equipment, Electronics/Movies, Father Day shirts

We have a checklane endcap w/ a "sampling" of the Father's Day items from Softlines. It's the Best Dad Ever tee-shirts and matching baseball hats. We've switched the tee-shirts out a few times. It's been a hit as an impulse buy. We've filled it numerous times.

Though seriously, as a music guy, maybe some headphones, vinyl (if Spot still carries it) and iTunes cards.
That sort of thing.

You can have some displays with items geared towards men. Every item previously mentioned on a display will certainly help the cause. "If I was shopping and seen the majority of what I wanted for myself or my father, I'd grab it." Sales, Sales, Sales right? :D

My store set up a Father's Day display with some Father's Day T-shirts, golfing equipment, beer, and nerf related items.

We put Father's day themed shirts and those random gadgets from the Men's department up front near one of the entrances. We also have a craft beer display, Harry's razors display, and other random "manly" things up there.

Fathers day is seriously a missed opportunity for electronic sales I think. Small electronics at least. I second the music and headphone recommendations. I went with drones, because I feel like toys are a good gift. My dad is pretty sufficient at buying shit he needs, but not stuff he wants. Once as a kid, we got him a remote control car. Another year he got a giant 6 foot kite to play with at the beach. I think he'd love a drone. It doesn't have to be expensive either, just some fucking thing to fly around.

I think a display of Super Hero t-shirts would be cool. For "Super Dads."

Not sure you want a drone right by the exit...

I agree, doesn't have to be near the exit though. Having said that, depending on the price point, I think a simple spider-wrap would suffice if it were upfront. Some of them are pretty cheap.

Took the two Father's Day endcap POGs in men's basics and put in the front of the store along with all of the Dad t-shirts and kids "rad dad" etc t-shirts I could find (kids shirts are mostly folded, we hung them). Most of the dad shirts sold through, we added slippers and are filtering in the C9 golf polos that have been in ad. Vendor put a card shipper next to display.

Penguins shirt. Sports illustrated with penguins on the cover and a greeting card.

Oh and a razor to shave that playoff beard.

I'm a hockey fan.

That's a manly display.

Isn't that your store number on the kings ford box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back