Archived Favoritism

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing what people can get away with. My GSA the other night went on her lunch, returned an hour later, and told me she was picking outfits with the LOD that night in their office, while I was left to cover both the Service Desk and the front end. When I went back, the LOD just stated "What do you want me to do about it", it's just baffling

Favoritism isn't too bad in my store (from what I can tell) it's the biggest problem among like 7 people, mainly because they are all very close friends, or lovers at different levels, ranging from regular TM, to GSA, to GTSL, and ETL, with a bit of AP and HR thrown in their. I understand friends at work but at Target it's the closest I've seen with relationships forming and breaking off constantly causing some problems with scheduling and general work flow. Kinda dumb. It just let's some TM do less compared to anyone else.

My store does display some favoritism. When hours are cut, the people who are less reliable or just not 'as good' seem to have their hours cut more.

Example, I'm not a cashier, but hours were cut this week, but I have a cashier shift to make up for some of the cuts. While our not so reliable cashiers have just had their hours cut.

Does that make sense? Some favoritism is earned, while some is just crappy. Are the newer TMs related to HR TMs? That's really the only people (and some TLs) that control scheduling.

Of course there is favoritism. A young girl and I started the same day. When one team leader quit, she was promoted even though I have 15 years plus as a manager. Never been absent, never late, always stayed to close....

Favoritism isn't too bad in my store (from what I can tell) it's the biggest problem among like 7 people, mainly because they are all very close friends, or lovers at different levels, ranging from regular TM, to GSA, to GTSL, and ETL, with a bit of AP and HR thrown in their. I understand friends at work but at Target it's the closest I've seen with relationships forming and breaking off constantly causing some problems with scheduling and general work flow. Kinda dumb. It just let's some TM do less compared to anyone else.

Sorry, very out of topic... but your signature pic... is that BTS (Bangtam Boys, a Korean boy band)?

New hires tend to get more hours for the first two weeks in order to give them lots of experience on the job. It should even out after that (especially with Halloween sales ramping up).
Exactly and to see who is reliable or not....but man my store hires soooo many people to where the new team members all suck they never hire any good team members ever!

Favortism is two-edged. Last year I was the "go to"tm because I consistently get red cards. Good because I got loads of hours. Bad because I got loads of hours. Lol...
Wore me out. Good because mgmt liked me. Bad cause TMs were harsh, dissing me easily. This year is perfect. Another favorite has come along. She's now getting too many hours and criticized by TMs. I'm a lot more comfy.

It's all relative.

Exactly and to see who is reliable or not....but man my store hires soooo many people to where the new team members all suck they never hire any good team members ever!
We have seen improvement since the pay went up. The majority of new hires have prior retail experience.

There’s one TM at my store, that while supposed to be stocking shelves, will literally stand and talk and joke with the ETL for 45 minuets and do no work. But I stop for a minute to take a drink of water and wipe sweat away from my eye and I get asked why I don’t have my hands moving or why I’m slacking. So yes, I have seen blatant favoritism. I don’t care for it.

Spot can be stoopid, but they ain't that stoopid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back