Fdc truck delivery.

Our Fdc truck came covered in egg slime.

We were the last stop and the stores before us left a gap between two pallets causing them to tip over. One of the pallets had 300 dozen eggs. At least 1/2 were broken all over the truck. We have yogurt, juices, hummus ect all covered in broken egg. The floor of the one side of the truck was covered in broken egg. All of us in Market had it all over our shoes, hands with gloves, arms From picking it up. Would you push this?

Our Fdc truck came covered in egg slime.

We were the last stop and the stores before us left a gap between two pallets causing them to tip over. One of the pallets had 300 dozen eggs. At least 1/2 were broken all over the truck. We have yogurt, juices, hummus ect all covered in broken egg. The floor of the one side of the truck was covered in broken egg. All of us in Market had it all over our shoes, hands with gloves, arms From picking it up. Would you push this?
I would say food and personal safety issues. Suggest the the store refuse it and send it back to fdc. There's no way the store could properly make the flooring safe from my landing on my butt. We all know how the power jack reacts to the wet slippery wood floor of the RDC truck.

After 45 minutes of trying to pick everything up from the truck floor, we decided to refuse it.
The driver sat in the bay for four hours and the fdc made us take it. Saying the food director and our district guy backed him.
I refused to push it. The next 2 days I was off and I know it was all pushed.
I am so disappointed in our grocery leaders.
Thank you. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one that thought about cross contamination and salmonella.

Wow! I am stunned your leaders would take that truck. I would have a big problem with respect after this and having to work with people that don’t have my back. I am going into my 13 year and would go above and beyond but this is ridiculous imho.

You can report the driver for not making sure the pallets were secure.

That's probably the right action to take but I would hate to be the one to have to tell the driver that. I HATE delivering bad news. I could never work the guest service desk
That's why I like being a Receiver. We are the guest and the vendors are selling to us. I know it doesn't apply to RDC and FDC drivers. This receiver has a sick sense of humor.

After 45 minutes of trying to pick everything up from the truck floor, we decided to refuse it.
The driver sat in the bay for four hours and the fdc made us take it. Saying the food director and our district guy backed him.
I refused to push it. The next 2 days I was off and I know it was all pushed.
I am so disappointed in our grocery leaders.
Thank you. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one that thought about cross contamination and salmonella.
Were you the last stop or did another store or stores have to deal with mess on the floor?

Were you the last stop or did another store or stores have to
Were you the last stop or did another store or stores have to deal with mess on the floor?
We were the last stop. The stop before us had our five pallets all on one side. There was a pallet the whole way to the back wall. a space a pallet of eggs another space, then the rest of the pallets.

Wow! I am stunned your leaders would take that truck. I would have a big problem with respect after this and having to work with people that don’t have my back. I am going into my 13 year and would go above and beyond but this is ridiculous imho.
Thank you. I have lived in the area my whole life. I worked this same Target 10 years. I care about the guest and their kids. I’m thinking this is how you treat our guest? I called off. I am sick over this.

Attachments

• IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
How could product with broken egg all over it, or even partially, be pushed? It's slimy and sticky when wet, and it's not good when dried either, especially if there are bits of shell stuck. I wouldn't buy that product.

I don’t understand how can you accept it . Also when he hands you the paper work right then and there you should have done
1 a trailer feedback with the pictures you just posted .
2 call FDC and explain the situation and that you want a report on the driver
And since they made you received it
I hope you filled the paper work that the bars and straps weren’t safe and secure .
It doesn’t matter if the store left a pallet space was the drivers job to make sure everything was safe and strapped.

How could product with broken egg all over it, or even partially, be pushed? It's slimy and sticky when wet, and it's not good when dried either, especially if there are bits of shell stuck. I wouldn't buy that product.
They wiped it off with a dry paper towel.

I don’t understand how can you accept it . Also when he hands you the paper work right then and there you should have done
1 a trailer feedback with the pictures you just posted .
2 call FDC and explain the situation and that you want a report on the driver
And since they made you received it
I hope you filled the paper work that the bars and straps weren’t safe and secure .
It doesn’t matter if the store left a pallet space was the drivers job to make sure everything was safe and strapped.
We did. We sent pictures and reported everything. Everyone at our store said refuse it. Fdc guy said that the food and bev director said for us to take it. Do they even work on Saturdays? I think he is making that part up.

We did. We sent pictures and reported everything. Everyone at our store said refuse it. Fdc guy said that the food and bev director said for us to take it. Do they even work on Saturdays? I think he is making that part up.
The driver has mimimal contact with anyone within Target. They are contracters through third parties.
Its not impossible communication came to the driver via dispatch, but that sounds incredibly suspicious if none of the leaders in your building were directly contacted about the shipment.

Wait you went basedon what the fdc guy said ? It’s at store level if your Etl and Sd says no then it’s a no . And the food and Bev director can take it up with the Sd .

I would have called dispatch myself and say , here the deal I am not accepting this delivery and here is why . If you have an issue please speak to the carrier to ensure safe delivery are being enforce going forward .

The driver has mimimal contact with anyone within Target. They are contracters through third parties.
Its not impossible communication came to the driver via dispatch, but that sounds incredibly suspicious if none of the leaders in your building were directly contacted about the shipment.
This isn't always true, some FDC drivers work for Target but the majority work for a hauling company.

I agree that the FBC/FBD likely didn't say that. FBTL or other leaders would be calling our FBC personally if they told us to accept a truck like that. Huge food safety issue having raw egg all over everything.

This isn't always true, some FDC drivers work for Target but the majority work for a hauling company.

I agree that the FBC/FBD likely didn't say that. FBTL or other leaders would be calling our FBC personally if they told us to accept a truck like that. Huge food safety issue having raw egg all over everything.
That would be news to me and really not make any sense. Target has contracts with companies like Ryder and Ruan to handle it all. Target got rid of in-house dispatching they used to do at the DCs. Major accounts have on-site offices for the trucking companies. Yard drivers are also a third party company. It seems very unlikely there are any drivers employed directly through target.

Back