Archived Feels like I’m getting stiffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNG

ucking ew uy
So... I set up direct deposit the Monday before last. Payday was last Friday. Figuring that stuff wouldn’t work (which it hasn’t), I thought I’d have to go in to collect a physical check, but lo and behold, none was there when I got to work earlier today.

How long does it typically take for IRL checks to get to the Pacific Northwest?

–FNG

You think you won’t get paid? Wtf?

Hey, man, I worked at a restaurant washing dishes for a week, they didn’t pay. Shit’s always gotta go sideways.

You think you won’t get paid? Wtf?

There are a lot of smaller companies nowadays that are making a habit of screwing over workers like that.

New legislation could help end wage theft epidemic - https://www.epi.org/blog/new-legislation-could-help-end-wage-theft-epidemic/

This is a serious social and economic problem, which I have estimated could amount to more than $20 billion a year in stolen or underpaid wages, including non-payment of overtime pay, failure to pay the federal, state or local minimum wage, failure to pay statutorily required prevailing wages, forcing employees to work “off-the-clock,” taking illegal deductions from the paychecks of drivers misclassified as independent contractors, and even failure to pay anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back