Archived Ferguson Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people are turning this political. I don't like seeing this on this board. I hope this gets locked.

You people are turning this political. I don't like seeing this on this board. I hope this gets locked.

...It was political from the start. Mentioning Ferguson itself at this point in time is political -_-

Perhaps a Mod can move this thread to the Off The Clock Chatter forum?

In the wise words of Formina Sage from the first thread on the this subject when it was locked.

Overruled.
While I don't sanction sending pizza or anything else to a store, I also don't see the reason this topic can't stay open.
We are all wearing adult pants so I think we can post what we feel on the topic.
Don't disparage any users and stay anonymous, those are really my only rules.
This isn't a Target-sponsored community, so we can have conversations that any adults would have inside and outside of work.
If anyone disagrees with a voice in the conversation to the point of anger or disgust, you are welcome to voice your concerns in private with that user, or feel free to close your browser and leave the conversation.

And I hope it doesn't.
Everyone here has pointed out the various factors that contribute to these circumstances: political, stereotypical, socioeconomical, racial. You don't HAVE to agree but respect the viewpoints of others, however foreign it may be to you.

I am getting the feeling that this posting is going to get real NASTY
And I'm getting the feeling that some would like nothing more than to see that happen to satisfy their expectations; like the riots.
Keep it civil; avoid the trolls & I won't have to get my degreaser out.

Lordy.

Can't we all just get along?

Didn't work for Rodney King it won't work now. It is the dream but a pipe dream for the future.

I just don't want to see repeated of the wasteland that parts of LA became after their last riot. Makes it so much harder for the ones just working and being. Buildings burned, businesses closed and what no one mentioned is lots of those businesses never came back.

I like this video. While I'll keep my personal opinions on this private, I think Frederick Wilson has done a good job with this.

Jay Smooth has a great response to "respectability" lectures, in his case from Don Lemon but it applies across the board.

So I wonder what the Ferguson Target will be like for Black Friday which is really Thanksgiving night? Hopefully, people hold in the beast inside of them for a night and let people shop in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back