Archived Ferguson Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP would literally bring more danger to team members and themselves in this case. They would have no power and the uniform itself would provoke violence towards them.

My best wishes to the TMs and I hope the managers are smart enough to make the right kind to decisions that will keep them safe.

I saw on CNN that they planned to give the decision this evening so that the streets would be more deserted. I hope they closed Target early.
Such a sad situation. I know most of you don't remember the late '60's when riots were a common thing. It was a nationwide disaster. Some of the communities the riots effected back then were never able to pull themselves out of the despair.

History repeats, yes all for a cause, but violence vs. violence never helps...
My heart goes out to all in Ferguson.

I live about 1/2 hr from this store. I can tell you this all HELL is breaking loose in the area right now! A lot of stores are on fire and/or are being looted.
On fire: Taco Bell, Little Caesars, Family Dollar, cop cars, gas stations and several others...
Looted: Walgreen's, O'Reillys, a pawn shop, Toys R Us, Beauty Store, Shoe Carnival, Dollar Tree and more...
Shut down a highway also.
It is complete anarchy there!

I really can't believe they made this announcement at nine oclock at night.
Any call to action requires an ask, the right to vote, to sit at a lunch counter, that there be a trial.
When he made that announcement the people who were the backbone of the peaceful movement were gone leaving only the angry and dispossessed.
So this is what you get.
Rather nifty way to make anyone who is unhappy with the results of the grand jury findings look bad, don't you think?

I think you're overthinking it commie. No one is making anyone look bad except those who are violently protesting.

There were conflicting testimonies according to sources, and you cant convict someone if there is a shred of doubt. in this case it sounded like there was a lot of uncertainty.

If there ever was a crime, it was all of this reverse racism being used as an excuse to loot and pillage. Brought on by the same people seeking "justice". How is looting up stores and burning them just?

It's not, I never said it was.
The people doing it are wrong.

But in 2010 prosecutors brought 162,000 cases to grand juries and only 11 refused to prosecute.
The old saying is that a prosecutor can make a grand jury case against a ham sandwich.
In this case he was either incompetent or he didn't want it to go to trial, which do you think it was?

They've known they weren't going to prosecute for a while now.
They could have announced it during the day when it would have been easier for the organizers to control the crowd and maybe the anger would be burned off by the evening.
But they waited to 9:00.
Why?

I feel bad for the workers at the Ferguson Target. I mean they already work at Target and probably don't like working there and then they have to deal with this ridiculousness and people acting like barbarians. Just sad but this is America. This is how we roll. But back to the Target workers in Ferguson, they should get double time all this week for putting their own lives on the line for shitty Target.
The sad thing about American society is that if Brown and Wilson had both been white or both been black, we wouldn't even talking about this. And in my scenario, Wilson still shoots Brown even if they are the same color. You can deny it all you want and say I'm making excuses or I'm sticking up for Wilson but you know it's true. You know that American society loves race baiting and in an ironic way loves racial tension. It's pathetic because we say "racism is bad" or "you shouldn't profile" or "equal rights" yet why are our emotions different when the murderer is white and the victim is black? What does that say about us as human beings? Are we basically being racist with our feelings and thoughts? Would you still demand Wilson's head on a stick if he had been a black police officer that shot and killed Michael Brown? Be honest now.

Do cops profile black males harshly and unfairly? Yes, they do and it's not right. That is bad training and being a bad human being.

I think the main thing that will help the police brutality against black people and all types of humans is ending the drug war.
In America, you can get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car and kill someone in a crash and be out in less than 5 years. If you get caught with pills that don't belong to you or something like crack or ecstasy, you can go to jail for 25 years to life. It's a pathetic joke.

Idk how rioting is just. That's why I didn't join the rioters when the Giants won the series, or during pumpkin fest, or that time the Phils won when I was in college, or that time that other team won something, or that time everyone was mad about Sandusky and paterno or that time the hometeam lost or that time...

If having conflicting witness testimonies was a reason to not indict, our jails would be nearly empty. I mean, that's what juries are for... Deciding which side presented the most convincing evidence. Then again, prosecutors aren't supposed to give closing arguments on tv for the defense. We wouldn't have to demand darren's head if he were also black. If Michael was white, and the cop were black, it would've happened even faster. They wouldn't have even needed a grand jury to decide on the indictment. But let's get back to talking about target and Black Friday and iPods and mytime...

On target, though, I hope and pray that my coworkers aren't watching the news all day in the break room tomorrow. I haaaate when they do that because the people who like to debate start up and no one goes to work for debates, let me eat my chef boyardee in peace.

I just wish people would not bullshit when I ask the question about Brown and Wilson's skin color. Just be honest about it because everyone(that means every person on this planet) knows that the whole thing wouldn't have made news if Wilson had been a black police officer and unjustly or illegally fired his weapon and killed Brown or if they had been both white and Wilson still killed Brown. We Americans just love to race bait and pounce on the chance or opportunity to create racial tension and unease for our own sick amusement.

What I want to know is was there a dashboard cam video? If so, why hasn't the public seen it? I think a video would have been the best evidence in this case. And if Wilson had somehow disabled the dashboard cam video or altered the video in any way, he should have definitely been indicted. Without that video, you can't definitively say and that's sad.
I personally think Wilson unjustly shot the young scallywag but it's not what you know, it's what you can prove. A prosecutor has to prove 100 percent beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant did the crime. A defense lawyer only has to create doubt to get their client off.

I don't think anyone at my store will be talking about it because at my store, it's all about Targetland. We only talk about Targetland shit. News from the outside world doesn't get mentioned at my store. And it's no secret, that I work at the worst Target on Earth so that's probably why.

I didn't read your whole comment, because you're always very... Passionate. But there was no dash cam video. They have had dash cams since before this shooting, but they hadn't been installed yet. Of course it wouldn't have made news in your fictitious scenarios, because there typically wouldn't be a need to fight for an arrest. Now if a white boy laid in the street for 4 hours and they didn't even make an arrest on dw, I most definitely think there would be outrage, and the news coverage would be biased in the other direction. But, if it was a white boy, the ambulance would've likely been called asap and they'd have arrived in minutes. Then dw would've been arrested promptly and no one would have raised money for him. If they were both black, still would've been a quick arrest.

I mever got the point of rioting. You destroy your home because of anger. He was put up to a group of peers, and they found not enough evidence to indict. Im just saying it once, the people who keep pulling the race card on everything need to stop, the rsce card is not just a one way street, to end racism its simple stop trying to use a scapegoat of racism. Yes racism occurs but it happens to every group including whites, blacks, hispanics, asians, or whatever. There will always be hatred, but learning to ignore some of it is the best action.

Brown was a thug. I would've been pissed if an officer who was merely doing his job had to face an indictment for it. Imagine if a drunk driver ran a red light and T-boned into your car late at night and was killed, and as a result of that you had to go to trial because there's a 0.001 percent chance you were at fault for the accident, wouldn't you be pissed? It's' the same damn thing. As it is, we now have an officer who has lived through a traumatic experience and will be dealing with the psychological ramifications of it for the rest of his life, we have a city that is literally burning to the ground, and instead of reconciliation, we have social activists and the media making this a race issue and trying to douse as much fuel on the fire as possible. It's a sad time to be a human being.

Idk how rioting is just. That's why I didn't join the rioters when the Giants won the series, or during pumpkin fest, or that time the Phils won when I was in college, or that time that other team won something, or that time everyone was mad about Sandusky and paterno or that time the hometeam lost or that time...

If having conflicting witness testimonies was a reason to not indict, our jails would be nearly empty. I mean, that's what juries are for... Deciding which side presented the most convincing evidence. Then again, prosecutors aren't supposed to give closing arguments on tv for the defense. We wouldn't have to demand darren's head if he were also black. If Michael was white, and the cop were black, it would've happened even faster. They wouldn't have even needed a grand jury to decide on the indictment. But let's get back to talking about target and Black Friday and iPods and mytime...

On target, though, I hope and pray that my coworkers aren't watching the news all day in the break room tomorrow. I haaaate when they do that because the people who like to debate start up and no one goes to work for debates, let me eat my chef boyardee in peace.

The reason people are in jail is because there was other evidence that was able to convict them beyond a juror's reasonable doubt.

In this case there is no evidence except eyewitness testimonies, so they wouldn't be able to make a conviction off of testimonies if everyone is saying something different. Now if they had a dash cam that showed things in Brown's favor, then they would be able to indict.

#StayClassyFerguson

ron-burgundy-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back