• Thread starter JimmyTarget
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimmyTarget

I apologize if this has been answered before but I can't find what these acronyms mean.
I do plano about once a week but ran acoss these:

EOS (Something to do with PLU maybe?)
MPG (Something to do with PTM?)
NCF (As in NCF items?)

Thanks!

EOS: End of Season. Used to describe seasonal product when the season is over. EOS pushes occur when the DC push all remaining seasonal merch to stores.

MPG: Merchandise Presentation Guides. Old terminology for PTM. So will say that PTM refers to the actual merchandise and MPG refers to the method of flexing merch into red label aisles, but the PTM process "replaced" the MPG process several years ago. They really are used interchangeably.

NCF: Non-Carryforward. This is merchandise that is not discontinued, but it will be discontinued soon. It's merch that isn't going to be carried forward into the next set. Although, sometimes it is and other times it is taken off of an NCF program. Transition packets usually have lists of NCF displays and fixtures as well.

EOS: End of Season. Used to describe seasonal product when the season is over. EOS pushes occur when the DC push all remaining seasonal merch to stores.

MPG: Merchandise Presentation Guides. Old terminology for PTM. So will say that PTM refers to the actual merchandise and MPG refers to the method of flexing merch into red label aisles, but the PTM process "replaced" the MPG process several years ago. They really are used interchangeably.

NCF: Non-Carryforward. This is merchandise that is not discontinued, but it will be discontinued soon. It's merch that isn't going to be carried forward into the next set. Although, sometimes it is and other times it is taken off of an NCF program. Transition packets usually have lists of NCF displays and fixtures as well.

Thank you! I really should have figured out NCF considering i've used it dozens of times.

It didn't. I would have used it, but I can't search for anything.
When you search for something, do not limit to the forum you are reading.
For mpg from target terms:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/target-talk-definitions.157/page-17#post-186773
Our wiki:
Merchandise Presentation Guide
(Redirected from MPG)

The Target abbreviation for this phrase is MPG.

6 weeks before an area of the store transitions, some merchandise is discontinued, and stops flowing from the DC. When this product sells down, it will create holes in the aisle where it is not being replenished. An aisle with D-Code or NCF merchandise is designated with a red POG label. This is known as an MPG or Merchandise Presentation Guide aisle.

When an aisle has the red label, it is to be kept full by flexing items into holes. The Instocks team will drop PTM batches to pull all D-Code merchandise out of the backroom first. When these pulls are worked, the merchandise must be used to fill holes in the aisle, and flip-tag price labels must be printed with a Portable Printer. After the backroom is clear of D-Code merchandise, active merchandise is used to flex into holes.

More info on the Ncf, new term for discontinued:(terms section)

What does NCF entail? I know it stands for Non-carry forward, but how does it differ from discontinued merchandise? I believe I read it somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it.
I've been wondering the same thing for a while. I asked around at my store and nobody seemed to know.NCF and Discontinued are virtually the same in that we won't be carrying the item anymore (I am assuming you knew that much)...
The difference is if your DC is or is not getting anymore in. Discontinued means that they will not (and therefore you shouldn't expect anymore freight flow for the items, outside of maybe if the items were already on the trailer or some sort of final push occurred). This is why you flex over Discontinued items, because there is almost no chance of seeing replenishment for the item once it runs out. NCF on the other hand is an item you will stop carrying (will not be on another POG) but you will probably continue to see replenishment of it for a while. The DC is still receiving shipments and sending them to store, but expect it to stop. NCF can remain that way for a few weeks to a few months, eventually expect it to go Discontinued (or even straight to clearance or PLU).
Rock Lobster, Jan 10, 2014
EOS is a seasonal term, it is reference mostly at end of season before clearance. For ex: eos patio last shipment from DC. Then, start markdowns on this date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back