Archived FFF Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an ETL I 100% get the importance of FFF events and team culture... but my store has one every day of this month that is an even numbered day... 90% of the team doesnt care, the other 10% only participate a handful of times. my HR ETL cries when a leader forgets to set it up because they think we dont care. i do but i dont... the one the team only cares about is birthday cake day.

how often do your stores have fff events and do you even notice? or do you want more

im usually assigned 2-3 events a month and some other leaders pawn their events off to me sometimes... kind of annoying but it is what it is i guess.

You still get cake?

oh yes. i remember one month i was assigned bday cake day and i forgot it, then was off the next day... man did i receive the most feedback of my life that day

we have a daily event. outside feeding us, prizes no one really cares. tune in's are really idiotic. who wants to watch at most 45 minutes of a movie?

Our calender is full of them, I never see the event actually happen outside of the monthly birthday cake.

We do the free food events but only for major holidays; birthday cake is a no-go. Our only current promotion consists of getting 'target cash' for pushing REDcards -- after about twenty, you qualify for a target shirt. So...yay?

As a TM I liked them but as an HRTM I hated them, but I did them because I also hated them being on the calendar as a TM and them not being done. ETL HR would plan them and if I wasn't there it didn't get done. If I did it people complained constantly - they didn't like what food we had, they didn't like the thirsty thursday drinks, they didn't like the tune in tuesday movie. I would do frito pie friday and chili would be all over the walls, like turning a group of 3 year olds loose, not like a bunch of adults who knew how to feed themselves. Since I was the one expected to clean the break room, we stopped doing frito pie friday.

I once said screw it on the movie thing and got disneys Sword in the Stone out of the drawer and made them watch it for two weeks straight.

Moral of the story - if your HR actually does the FFF events, don't berate them about what you hated about it. They'll stop doing them.

If I don't like them, I don't comment. But half the time they aren't done, and the other half of the time, if it's food, what the dayside crew doesn't eat, they take home. And if it isn't food, like it's a huddle contest or something, it's only done for the dayside people.

Our ETL-HR has sent out a very clear message what she thinks of those of us who work nights.

If I don't like them, I don't comment. But half the time they aren't done, and the other half of the time, if it's food, what the dayside crew doesn't eat, they take home. And if it isn't food, like it's a huddle contest or something, it's only done for the dayside people.

Our ETL-HR has sent out a very clear message what she thinks of those of us who work nights.
At this point, at my store, sometimes even the mid shift doesn't get anything because no one seems to maintain the food in the break room. The only thing that sticks around is food that's almost out of date that is so weird or nasty the guests don't want to buy it. I hate it when dayside takes all the food home. It seems like no one has the common decency to at least wait 24 hours before taking it home.

We don't have that problem, thankfully - although we did majorly over order pizza on tax free weekend and had to throw away a ridiculous amount of pizza someone could have/should have taken home over the weekend.

interesting. man i over stock our breakroom with food for sure. my Consumables TL usually has a word to say when I drain their bakery table lmao. but birthday cake day in particular... we ALWAYS get 2 cakes. one for the morning/day side. The second cake doesnt come out until about 4pm for the afternoon/closing team. again i dont mind them... but when conversion and vibe are my focuses and i forgot to decorate something... go kick rocks

i never go to the breakroom. very few people in my store do. usually only backroom people because its close to them.

at my store it depends on which of us on the HR team is making the calendar, heh. we try to mix food events with activities and constests... the huddle activities/contests never really pan out unless the HR team enforces it (the LOD's never do the activities, even after the ETL HR has reminded them multiple times... they just don't care and don't want to "waste" even a couple minutes on a FFF event, even though they'll happily spend ten minutes of huddle time prattling on repetitively about something we all know about).

of course, EVERYONE knows when there is a food day planned and they will hound me the very instant I haven't put food out by 8:05am. lately I've been printing out coloring pages, mazes, word puzzles, etc. and have them available with crayons & markers so the team has something relaxing to do on their breaks. funny how grown adults love to color so much. ;) (I personally love to color and I'm glad others do too.)

I think I miss the birthday cake the most. They've only done it a couple of times this year at my store and I didn't get a piece last time, because...evenings. But I really like Target's cakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back