Archived FIFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick Shot

I fear no shot in pool!
Does this really stand for "FUBAR in FUBAR Out"? I know I'm still relatively new at all this, having made it though seasonal, and recently had my 90 day review. Had some training, spills, injuries, damaged product etc and,,,, FIFO. But please explain to me how I'm supposed to do a box a minute (as when working market) when the person before didn't even get the stuff put into the correct place the last time? Should I just find another slot n make things worse. Should I complain to the TL when they get on me for not being fast enough? Does anyone else pull the older stuff from the pegs and or shelf, then put the newer stuff to the back??

No one fifos except in Pfresh. By all means pretend for your TL, hes likely taking heat from his boss...but don't waste too much of your time on it in dry grocery.

I have seen flow team members who will take all the cereal off the shelf and put the new in the back and replace the old in the front. These sameflow team members were told they were taking to long to push in groceries. So, if Spot wants fifo then they need to realize its going to take longer.

I work flow and I fifo. Always salad dressing, mayo, cereal and snacks especially the chips. When in pfresh I fifo everything but the frozen. It is a big pain in the ass, but it's my job. No one has ever told me I'm working too slow. I'm doing what I get paid to do.

From our wiki:

First In, First Out, or FIFO is a rule of food rotation to ensure quality and freshness, and to guard against waste. The rule is that older merchandise should be set toward the front so that a guest would choose it first. This rule also applies to merchandise in the backroom - newer food should always be backstocked behind older food so that the older stuff can reach the floor first. This prevents unnecessary markdowns and Shrinkage.

From our wiki:

First In, First Out, or FIFO is a rule of food rotation to ensure quality and freshness, and to guard against waste. The rule is that older merchandise should be set toward the front so that a guest would choose it first. This rule also applies to merchandise in the backroom - newer food should always be backstocked behind older food so that the older stuff can reach the floor first. This prevents unnecessary markdowns and Shrinkage.

At my store, we also FIFO cell phones, ipads, and other merchandise with a rechargeable battery in the electronics stockroom. This way the batteries don't go bad sitting in the back.

Things you should FIFO in dry market

-AF Chips
-Annies brand anything
-"Go Picnic" product
-Tortillas
-Coffee, especially the flavors that don't sell well.

I'm sure there are a few others, but those items tend to have shorter shelf lives.

-AF Chips
-Annies brand anything
-"Go Picnic" product
-Tortillas

I'm sure there are a few others, but those items tend to have shorter shelf lives.
Beef sticks, vingear, popcorn, olive oil, & batteries.

-AF Chips
-Annies brand anything
-"Go Picnic" product
-Tortillas

Unfortunately that takes a lot of time to fifo. Especially the k-cips coffee boxes when a shelf can hold about 25-50 at a time. TMs aren't gonna pull those down to put more behind. At best, I slide what I can over and go from there.

Unfortunately that takes a lot of time to fifo. Especially the k-cips coffee boxes when a shelf can hold about 25-50 at a time. TMs aren't gonna pull those down to put more behind. At best, I slide what I can over and go from there.
Just pick a section that you notice a lot of fifo stuff when you push product. Let your tl know why, you are doing it.

If it doesn't belong and you can't be bothered to find it's proper place backstock it and put the correct item in the correct spot, always stock correctly else you're just creating more problems.
If it's overflowing way over capacity remove extra and backstock it all.
FIFO is only really important for p-fresh not so much for dry-market, my store has people to rotate stock every couple weeks in dry-market. Few things in dry market need to be FIFO regularly but you should be notified of that to begin with.

Beef sticks, vingear, popcorn, olive oil, & batteries.

Granola bars, Specialty Chocolates, Salad Dressings (actually that whole god forsaken aisle, besides the nasty canned tuna.

I have seen flow team members who will take all the cereal off the shelf and put the new in the back and replace the old in the front. These sameflow team members were told they were taking to long to push in groceries. So, if Spot wants fifo then they need to realize its going to take longer.

YES!!!!!!! I hate working in grocery/frozen for this reason.

Speaking of Fifo. Do your Vendors do it? If never noticed if they do or not.

If it doesn't belong and you can't be bothered to find it's proper place backstock it and put the correct item in the correct spot, always stock correctly else you're just creating more problems.
If it's overflowing way over capacity remove extra and backstock it all.
FIFO is only really important for p-fresh not so much for dry-market, my store has people to rotate stock every couple weeks in dry-market. Few things in dry market need to be FIFO regularly but you should be notified of that to begin with.

Yep when I am CAF pushing I try to FIFO, not crazy but anything helps. Or if I know its getting close throw it on the short date audit.(our PFresh people don't mind but keep reasonable).

Don't get me started on dog/cat food.. I feel like I am only one who pulls dented cat and dog food cans.. Shelter critters love me..

Vendors yes they usually make our FIFO look like shit in comparison.

My vendors are awesome. Thankfully. Flow rarely tries to fifo, or even look at a date.

I fifo as much as possible, especially if it's not a quick selling item. Annie's, organics, gluten free will be sold through before any expiration date. Fat free rice cakes not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back