Archived Paying outside vendors to FIFO product

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it cost effective to pay an outside company to send someone in to rotate food?

I saw a regular vendor lady rotating peanut butter the other day. I said hi. She's pleasant. I asked her what she was doing. She said rotating peanut butter.

How can we pay an outside company that has a CEO, more players of managers, and it be more effective than just giving hours to the people who stock it to FIFO?

I just don't understand Target's thinking. Unless she's making next to nothing.

It’s probably part of Target’s contract with the vendor to provide that service, and the vendor pays her.

Also depending on the Brand the Vendor makes sure that they're getting the End Caps their Corporation paid for. The Product is being stocked and not ignored or hidden and that Target isn't selling damaged product that could harm the Brand.

How is it cost effective to pay an outside company to send someone in to rotate food?

I saw a regular vendor lady rotating peanut butter the other day. I said hi. She's pleasant. I asked her what she was doing. She said rotating peanut butter.

How can we pay an outside company that has a CEO, more players of managers, and it be more effective than just giving hours to the people who stock it to FIFO?

I'm not sure if the companies are the same as my store but they usually represent Procter & Gamble Company or Unilever which have several companies they represent so you will see them in food or HBA no different than a soda vendor. They are there to insure sales are met on their merchandise.

A lot of the times it's those brands, though I've also dealt with Nestle and a few others. They make sure their endcaps or sections of product are full, so you may have to pull stuff from the back for them if it's not on the floor already. They aren't FIFOing everything in the store so don't feel threatened, they're just protecting their brand's image like Xantilin said. You may see them checking in more if they've noticed their stuff not making it to the floor when it's supposed to.

A lot of the times it's those brands, though I've also dealt with Nestle and a few others. They make sure their endcaps or sections of product are full, so you may have to pull stuff from the back for them if it's not on the floor already. They aren't FIFOing everything in the store so don't feel threatened, they're just protecting their brand's image like Xantilin said. You may see them checking in more if they've noticed their stuff not making it to the floor when it's supposed to.

Threatened? Lol, I'm not threatened. No one has time to do it storeside. Someone has to do it.

And she literally said, "I'm here rotating product." Not filling an end cap. Not insuring product came our of the backroom.

Believe me they get just as pissed as guests when the shelves of their product are empty. They just happen to have the tools to actually do something about it. Leave them be they are helping you by doing their job. They will work on the peanut butter, then go over and check on hair spray, razors and then on to something else, they are paid by their employer not target.

That's how it use to be back in the day before Walmart changed the process in the 1960-1970s where workers stock the shelves. It was cheaper to maintain rather than having third party or direct vendors stock the shelves. The soda, chip, and the bread vendors are the last of this bygone time. Funny, when Walmart tried about six or seven years ago to have the soda vendors just deliver their product and have their associates stock the product, the response by the vendors was swift and sweet. The response was basically "You guys like to make money right, you like stocked shelves right. You guys and your associates suck at stocking" Needless to say Target was eyeing the potential but backed off. Can't argue with that 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back