I'm Lost! Final corrective action after being only talked to once?

So, recently I was put on final corrective action due to me putting a product I wanted to buy away and then forgot about it and never put it back. I know, shouldn't have done that, but plenty of other people have done it without getting in trouble. Anyway, the ETL-hr only talked to me once for doing that and I was instantly put in final corrective action. I thought it had to be talked to three times and then be put on final?

So, recently I was put on final corrective action due to me putting a product I wanted to buy away and then forgot about it and never put it back. I know, shouldn't have done that, but plenty of other people have done it without getting in trouble. Anyway, the ETL-hr only talked to me once for doing that and I was instantly put in final corrective action. I thought it had to be talked to three times and then be put on final?
Different offenses have different severity of write ups.

Was it a final warning or a corrective action? These are two different things.

What do you mean when you said you put it away and never put it back?

There are certain things that go straight to final warning or even termination.
They just said final corrective action to me, the one that means that if you mess up again, you get terminated.
I put the item in a hold box and forgot to put it back. I probably should've clarified that.

Ok yeah, something like this could be a final warning. No big deal, just don't do it again.
A little confused now because the ETL told me that if I did anything that is considered misconduct again, then I'd be terminated?

A little confused now because the ETL told me that if I did anything that is considered misconduct again, then I'd be terminated?
Yeah if you do something similar to this, they'll use this first incident as proof that it's not just a one-time thing. If you log into a register and ring yourself up and mark it down, they'd be able to fire you right away because you have a record of doing something unethical in the past.

What I should have said was "Don't do this or anything like it again."

Yeah if you do something similar to this, they'll use this first incident as proof that it's not just a one-time thing. If you log into a register and ring yourself up and mark it down, they'd be able to fire you right away because you have a record of doing something unethical in the past.

What I should have said was "Don't do this or anything like it again."

I'm pretty sure they'd fire you regardless of previous occurrences if you did that 🤔

I would also recommend just reviewing the purchasing/holding guidelines for TMs to ensure you don't accidentally do something like this again. They're in your handbook from orientation or you can ask HR for another copy if you don't have yours. they're probably also on workbench or ehr somewhere

We had 2 people fired for holding those retro NES back when it was in high demand. No final given.

We can't grab clearance items for ourselves until we are off the clock.

I prefer shopping at different Target from where I work. I've seen too many people get fired for that type of deal.

I would also recommend just reviewing the purchasing/holding guidelines for TMs to ensure you don't accidentally do something like this again. They're in your handbook from orientation or you can ask HR for another copy if you don't have yours. they're probably also on workbench or ehr somewhere
My ETL-hr told me that if I did anything that is misconduct, like NCNS, having bad behavior and stuff like that I'd get terminated. Not even something similar to what I did. Just anything

My ETL-hr told me that if I did anything that is misconduct, like NCNS, having bad behavior and stuff like that I'd get terminated. Not even something similar to what I did. Just anything
That’s possible. Especially if (but even if you’re not) in your first 90days

It was clearance, but I didn't know that you couldn't put clearance items on hold until the day I was talked to about it and put on final.
That’s an automatic final. Just like if you put it on the floor and not wait 15 minutes to give the guest the opportunity to buy it first.

What the heck was it? While putting clearance on hold for anyone is wrong and putting clearance on hold for yourself is both wrong *and* shopping while on the clock, most leadership will look at a $10 clearance water bottle differently than a few hundred dollars Electronics item, and the latter is common sense to not do.

It's likely that the leader had other areas of dissatisfaction against OP - rightly or wrongly. 😡 Maybe those criticisms were verbally stated to you in coachings, and maybe they weren't, but they have been confidentially documented in HR files. This is not meant to be a criticism of OP: I don't walk in their shoes, don't know what their daily work life is like, and none of us knows how well OP is regarded by the higher-ups. If as OP says "plenty of other people have done it without getting in trouble" then I would guess there's another real reason and this particular rule violation simply has become the pretext for firing. Ouch :eek:

Not true there are many different subject categories above each violation. You'd need to so something else within violation of policy/procedure to be termed. No one should ever have a NCNs but if that were to happen it is a different category. Just don't make the same type of mistake twice within 12 rolling months or 3 times if the first isn't a final.

Back