Archived Finally reached my breaking point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After four years of dealing with all of the ridiculous bullshit that Target and my store came up with on a regular basis, I finally hit a breaking point about a month ago. I could go on and on about the insane shit that went on and downright stupid management decisions that were made on a daily basis, but I just don't have the energy to get into it. Maybe I'll add some examples at some point in the future.

Even through all of the bullshit and the many ETL and TL changes over the years, I was lucky enough to have leadership who viewed me as an asset to SFS and almost always gave me 40 hours a week. I can count on one hand the number of times I got less than 40 since taking over SFS, and I would have left a lot sooner if it wasn't for that.

I'll miss many of my coworkers, most of whom have been there just as long or longer than me, but I'm ready to move on and start a new chapter in my life.

Thank you to everyone here who helped me out over the years, and a special shout out to @HRZone (who seems to be mia) for letting me rant to him about incompetent ETLs at my store these past few months.

Good luck to you!🙂

Congrats. That's a great update. There are a few good career jobs at Target, but most people just waste years there realizing that they aren't going to have one of them. I enjoyed my time at Target for the most part, but I too left and went back to my career, making 3x what I made at Target with amazing government/union benefits. It has been a great job for my children (who don't need health insurance or other benefits). It's a great second job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back