Archived Fine, I'll just go to (insert other store here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
....and, depending on how far away the nearest Walmart is, they'll waste that few cents savings on gas alone.
But, hey! They showed us, huh?!

Ugh. I have so many things I want to say whenever guests say they're going to a different place. But I just keep it to myself and keep zoning :)

You mean the self-centered, overly-entitled, socially-challenged, manners-impaired, I've-got-nuthin'-better-to-do-than-be-an-a$$-to some-poor-working-stiff-today turd-brains?
Unfortunately, they're everywhere.

Good answer, I was wondering how to answer that question. Demographics doesn't matter.

I love it when they say it like they think it will hurt my feelings. Your $5 dollars going to walmart isn't much of an impact on profit. For every "guest" that threatens that they will go to walmart there'll be 100 more that will come to target and shop in their place. Lol.

I'd love to look at them deadpan & say "You obviously mistook me for someone who cares. I DON'T!"

My closing GS TM had a guest say that we were being unfair because we wouldn't price match CVS's ad (which we can't, because most of it says "With Card"). After the guest help up the line for 10 minutes (all of which I was up there backing up for), she said, "Well, then, I'll just go to Wal-Mart! They will do whatever I want!" The GS TM looked at her and said, "I take it you don't need directions then? Should I call them and let them know you're coming so they can have the red carpet waiting?" I had to call the LOD up because it was inappropriate, but I walked away laughing and with a new respect for that TM.

One of our pharmacy guests that has been threatening to "go to Walgreens" FINALLY did :girl_dance:

We got a call from Walgreens the other day asking for the pharmacist...she wants to transfer her prescriptions back because they are already refusing to fill them like she wants either :dash1:

I'd tell 'em "No, you're STUCK with her!"
Yeh, I'd get written up a LOT.....

My husband is always saying "I'd tell them to...." He would have been fired LONG ago ;)

Seriously, though, the RPh got off the phone and said "Guess who's back from Walgreens already." and we all just went :facepalm:

My favorite guest presented a Bed,Bath & Beyond 20% off coupon for her groceries, stating that Target now accepts competitors' coupons. I explained that I could only accept Target and/or manufacturer's coupons and she got pissy with me. The guest behind her asked, with a big grin on her face, "When did BBB start selling groceries? Give it up, lady. You're not getting 20% off your grocery bill."

She snatched up her 20% coupon and stormed off, with everyone in line laughing at her.

Then yesterday, I had a guest insist that her item was on sale for $5.49 (it was a $14.99 product) because "That's what the sign said." I had time, so I walked back with her to find the sign that had a completely different description on it (saline nose spray instead of cold medicine) and a team member standing there putting the sign on the corrent item, who said, "I watched you move the sign, ma'am."

Funny stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a guest today who tried to use one of those Enfamil rebate checks on Up&Up formula. I told her it was for Enfamil, not Up&Up. She told me that "they take it at Walmart," so I pointed out to her that the check says it's only supposed to be used on Enfamil. She snatched it back and stormed off. The guest behind her said to me afterward "Then go to Walmart and get in trouble there. Good riddance!" Thank God that next guest agreed with me and was polite or I would've lost it.

Walmart seems to have their own breed that shop there and I rarely see that type of person shop at Target. One day a Walmart family came through my line and I had to scan someone's ID for the lighters they were buying. The dad of the family FREAKED OUT. He yelled "this is ****ing ridiculous. You tell your manager we won't be back here!" And then the daughter, who looked no older than 16 said "come on dad, we're out of lighters." I have never understood why people get so mad at me for carding them. I am required to and items like lighters and wine are only carded for age purposes so it's not a big deal.

When guests give me that "What?" look when I card them for cold medicine. I use a hushed tone and say "Well, you never know you could be the head of the local drug cartel. It's always the least likely one." Usually they will do a double take and then start laughing and going along with the gag.

I had 70+ lady get mad at my cashier for being carded for cough medication. She refused to show her ID so she couldn't get the medication. She then marched over to the service desk & said she was returning all her items. Somehow, she misplaced her receipt between point A & B, going bats**t when I told her I could only put it on a giftcard (she orig paid cash) & said she "wasn't given her receipt". When AP looked up the video & pointed out that she HAD put it in her purse, she made a big show of emptying it out & digging through everything before locating the receipt. She refused to give me the receipt to void out (keeping it as 'proof') so I wound up having to return everything off the scanned slip (items that went red). She then demanded a manager, whom she berated about her 'experience' & demanded compensation for her 'inconvenience'. Mercifully, the LOD refused while kindly pointing out that the inconvenience was of her own making. She stormed out, vowing to never return & promising to call corp.
He went to his office & sat at his desk eating Maalox tablets.

When someone gives me attitude about showing ID I always wonder if they're hiding something. When they say something like "can't you tell I'm old enough" I'll respond with "yeah, but this here computer is stupid and needs proof" I will usually add an eye roll or wink which usually gets them to fork over the ID. Humor works with most guests, but you will always get the one who offended by the question. I had one guy who bought well over $100 worth of stuff and wrote a check, of course it asked for ID. He got indignant as if I'd asked for his first born or something. He said, leaning toward me, "Don't you know who I AM?" As if he were the President or something, I said yes I did, but the computer still needed the ID. He starts shouting which brought my GSTL over. She told him he could either hand over an ID or pay with a credit card. He throws a card at me, at that time my wonderful GSTL went Momma Lion on him, you don't treat her girls like that. She handed him his receipt and told him that maybe he should shop across the street from now on. (Walmart is just across the highway from us) He grabbed the receipt and stormed out. Unfortunately that GSTL retired a couple years after that, and I still miss her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back