fired at target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got fired at target and wondering if i am every again get a job at target again?

it is a good store that I worked at and that I did something stupid that result in losing my job

one TM was fired 2 years ago and was re hired this past november ...Everybody is wondering why...

It seems like it would depend on how serious it was. Then again, that would make too much sense for Spot...

and don't count on it that the etl-hr entered your non-rehirable status into the computer correctly, or that target still has that info stored...mistakes are made even at the most well run/well staffed company. Reapply at target, you always have a punchers chance!

we have a problem etl who was fired as a team member and then later rehired as an etl. WTF???

I have seen this happen before.

What I have "heard" is that anyone fired as TM (unless it was for theft/any other AP issue/harassment/violence) is eligible to hire as an ETL even if they are banned as being hired as a TM. So if a TM no call no shows for a week and is termed, they later get a degree, and apply as an ETL it is pretty much an "all is forgiven" situation.

What I have "heard" is that anyone fired as TM (unless it was for theft/any other AP issue/harassment/violence) is eligible to hire as an ETL even if they are banned as being hired as a TM. So if a TM no call no shows for a week and is termed, they later get a degree, and apply as an ETL it is pretty much an "all is forgiven" situation.

I swear they would do anything for those ETL's. Like if an ETL had to move to a deserted island, target would open a new target there so they would have a store to transfer to.

I have know people who were rehired but in those cases they either went through the districe office or had someone at store level willing to get their status changed,but all those cases were a long time ago and in this age etls do not tend to have any kind of personal relationship with tms that would encourage them to bother,as SomeBodySlave said why would you want to,it is a big world out there,there is life after Target.

My store has hired a few non-rehireables for Q4 and every last one of 'em either NCNSed or walked out within a week, needless to say my store is not hiring any more of
those unless there are extenuating circumstances.

My store has hired a few non-rehireables for Q4 and every last one of 'em either NCNSed or walked out within a week, needless to say my store is not hiring any more of
those unless there are extenuating circumstances.

this is what always happens to us when we hire anyone that was no rehire.
many of them are so desperate, and pleading for an interview - and then NCNS within a few shifts - happens without fail.

Last edited:

I should do that lol.

It all depends on how HR works up your termination documentation. If they check you off as rehireable, then yes. If you are terminated for stealing or walking out, then you are non-rehireable.

i didnt think you could get fired unless you punched someone at huddle, or stole something

Lmao, so true! From the viewpoint of a team member that works their ass off and watches so many people slack off, NCNS, be rude to guests.... it does seem impossible to get fired. So, come on, what'd you do??

What does NCNS mean?

No Call No Show. If you're scheduled to work but you simply don't show up, and don't call the LOD to let them know you're not coming in. If you do this a couple times, you'll quickly be terminated.

a NCNS at walmart is limited to three I think. Same with calling out. At Walmart you are limited to three call outs a month, but lets say you call out today and tommorow that will count as one, but if you call out today, work tommorow and call out the next day then thats two.

Before I goit on at walmart i tried replying at target (was fired back in March 2010) but got that denyal e-mail. Not sure if I'll ever go back. I like walmart. $9.90 an hour for over nights is not bad and the team i work with is great. Plus the whole gig the media plays seems to be false at my store. The pay is not $7.25 I get treated pretty well. (I had my 90 day review in 66 days and it was postive) Then again I've only been there almost 90 days

Three no call no shows in a row (three consecutive shifts) qualifies as job abandonment so it's not being fired, it's coded as voluntary termination...that's probably why you can lose your job for not showing up and get re-hired with a degree as an ETL. Also probably why you could apply at another Target (you wouldn't even get an interview where you job abandoned most likely) since you weren't involuntarily termed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back