fired at target

Status
Not open for further replies.
my TL said that if you get fired and you are "rehireable" you have to wait 6 months or something like that to be hired again, ive seen this happen with a backroom TM, they are now a salesfloor TM

my TL said that if you get fired and you are "rehireable" you have to wait 6 months or something like that to be hired again, ive seen this happen with a backroom TM, they are now a salesfloor TM

Looks like a grave digger here.

wow i didnt even notice the dates, for some reason it was on the top of the forum

I know this is late and I already posted in this old thread but within a few years of your termination (voluntary or involuntary) your status as rehireable or non-rehireable is valid, and will show on your application. However after two or three years, it will still show you as having Target experience, but there will be no record as to your coded status. So, fire away. I don't know why you'd want to, but go on.

This was interesting to me. I've known some team members who were coded as non-rehirable who managed to get back on at Target anyway. Maybe this was why.

We have a Backroom dayside TM who call out almost every payday and Takes alot of breaks (smoking). How he's still there we don't know. We guess he's related to and ETL.

Hey guys, how does someone get fired from target? I heard that if you are late, NCNS, or whatever those aren't as bad as stealing, or doing something ILLEGAL.

here's why I asked...

I had my first NCNS. I was late an hour and a half because I thought I started working at 1pm when I actually was supposed to start at 11am. I showed up at 1230pm. horrible.

the VERY next day.. MORE FREAKING PROBLEMS!! my mom had to go to the hospital because she was suffering from acute myocardial infarction; a result of hypersensitivity.

I was late 10 minutes but that was a family emergency. whatever.

not even a week later... I had my first NCNS because I read the WRONG week's schedule.

How much more annoyed can one TM be??

I showed up and saw that I was supposed to work at 9am. It was already 230pm. I asked for LOD. I talked to her, she was very calm about it. she asked me if I'd gotten any NCNS's in the past. I have not. She said my ETL MIGHT... follow up with me.

I'm still going to talk to my ETL... -_-"

Could I get fired from this? Being late a few times, a few of them family related, the only two that were not family emergency was the one before my mom's hospitalization and Sunday 06/02/13.

You need to start keeping an eye on any differences between the posted schedule and computer schedule.

I was wronged by the computer numerous times 3-4 months months where I was recorded coming in late or NCNS because of edited schedules. I had my shifts on the posted schedule as my defense whenever a ETL tried to chew me out about not coming in or coming late. But because I had documentation saying I had a different schedule they couldn't do anything.

Just carry a notecard with you of the posted schedule. And always check your schedule from home as well.

Hey guys, how does someone get fired from target? I heard that if you are late, NCNS, or whatever those aren't as bad as stealing, or doing something ILLEGAL.

here's why I asked...

I had my first NCNS. I was late an hour and a half because I thought I started working at 1pm when I actually was supposed to start at 11am. I showed up at 1230pm. horrible.

the VERY next day.. MORE FREAKING PROBLEMS!! my mom had to go to the hospital because she was suffering from acute myocardial infarction; a result of hypersensitivity.

I was late 10 minutes but that was a family emergency. whatever.

not even a week later... I had my first NCNS because I read the WRONG week's schedule.

How much more annoyed can one TM be??

I showed up and saw that I was supposed to work at 9am. It was already 230pm. I asked for LOD. I talked to her, she was very calm about it. she asked me if I'd gotten any NCNS's in the past. I have not. She said my ETL MIGHT... follow up with me.

I'm still going to talk to my ETL... -_-"

Could I get fired from this? Being late a few times, a few of them family related, the only two that were not family emergency was the one before my mom's hospitalization and Sunday 06/02/13.

Are you within your 90 days still? If you're not, it'll most likely end up with a corrective action. If you are, then there is the CHANCE that you could get termed, due to a corrective action resulting in termination. But there is something similar to a corrective action that you can get that will result in you keeping your job. I believe it's called a performance plan, but I'm not 100% sure, we're doing this for one of our TPS's.

i didnt think you could get fired unless you punched someone at huddle, or stole something
At my store people get fired or quit every week! A lot of them have problems with the ETL's and their attitudes. They are friends only with each other and they only talk among each other like friends but they ignore the TM's unless they have a favor to ask them like cover for a TM that just quit or was fired. Also they are so rude with TM's but with each other they are very nice. I don't know what to do. I wish I could report all that stuff to a higher up but I fear I'll just get fired quicker. What they do I noticed is that if they don't like you the ETL will tell on you to your ETL for even the most stupid thing that the fat lazy slob of an ETL didn't want to do. I have to continually ask them for help but they always refuse.

97572d1378872606-led-daytime-running-lights-oldestthread0hx.jpg

Yes I know that all too well ( posted versus computer) I got a coaching about a month or so ago and they said you are late and I said no I am not..... They said you were supposed to be here at 12 and no that is impossible I am supposed to be here at 2. No you are supposed to be here at 12 I have it written in my notebook and that's what it said online and then they said the online schedule differs from the posted schedule. I wound up getting a coaching and guess what now I am on probation ( due to another tardiness a month earlier and after that I made sure to be on time) being on probation stinks on tiny tiny little mistake yep you can get fired.

Target is not smart now!

Worked there for a long time, and think it's a company that will fail very soon if not fixed quick. So many bad practices that waste a LOT of time, make no sense, etc IMO

These corporate idiots just continue to implement stupid ideas after stupid ideas!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back