Fired for points but rehired years laters

We can wear hoodies. Just no hoods up in the warehouse. Honestly I think safety is the excuse they use but the real reason is because people were caught hiding head phones under the hoods/if security is trying to watch someone they can't see their face if their is a hood up.

So while I think it could be a safety concern in specific circumstances it seems its more a conduct/security concern.

As someone who has worked in both settings, the 'warehouse work' you do in the store is nothing compared to actual warehouse work. I've worked 15+ hour shifts in the store during holidays and been fine to go in the next day or two to keep working for more OT. But go work in ART for the weekend and you're beat until you finally get used to the workload. Throwing trucks for 12 hours straight.

Never once at a store was I slinging a trailer full of mini fridges onto a conveyer belt.

Never once at a store was I slinging a trailer full of mini fridges onto a conveyer belt.
I'm old enough to remember working a trailer full of televisions when 32" televisions weighed 80 pounds because they weren't flat screens and it SSSUUUUCCCKKKKED.

Wasn't Spot though. LTL carrier. No conveyor belts. No clamp. Nothing but forks.

Fun times!

I'm old enough to remember working a trailer full of televisions when 32" televisions weighed 80 pounds because they weren't flat screens and it SSSUUUUCCCKKKKED.

Wasn't Spot though. LTL carrier. No conveyor belts. No clamp. Nothing but forks.

Fun times!
Even at spot we couldn’t really clamp them because the screens all had to face inward or down on the pallet or they’d tip over. I don’t miss those things one bit!

Back