Archived First aid guests/tms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually your AP TL or ETL is the Safety Captain and they are supposed to be making sure that stuff is up to date in partnership with the PMT.
Now does that happen?
Meh.

Our safety captain has left the spill stations empty for months. Lame

Thank you everybody. Uh gulp have never heard phrase safety captain. Usually run to HBA for whatever as listed places haven't had appropriate supplies. BTS says "flunk".

At my store, all leaders constitute the emergency response team and are responsible for handling such situations. I'm not sure who stocks first aid supplies in the spill stations, but they've gotten better about it recently.

Make sure you know where to find the Emergency Procedures Flipchart and that the team knows the proper protocol for announcing and handling a Code Green.

There are first aid supplies in spill stations? I thought the list was as follows:

Flashlight
Xsorb
Mini broom & Dustpan
Paper towels
Raincheck pad

That's all I've ever seen in them

So who exactly is responsible for spill station replenishment?

According to Best Practice, AP is responsible for all first aid supplies being kept stocked, as far as I know they are also responsible for spill stations.

There are supposed to be fully stocked first aid kits at the minimum of:
Guest Services
Target Cafe
AP Office
Clerical
Receiving
Pharmacy

First Aid kits are supposed to include antibiotics, antiseptic, bandages, gauze, tape, CPR mask, gloves, etc...

According to Best Practice, AP is responsible for all first aid supplies being kept stocked, as far as I know they are also responsible for spill stations.

There are supposed to be fully stocked first aid kits at the minimum of:
Guest Services
Target Cafe
AP Office
Clerical
Receiving
Pharmacy

First Aid kits are supposed to include antibiotics, antiseptic, bandages, gauze, tape, CPR mask, gloves, etc...

Our store (which opened in October) just got our first couple of actual first aid kits from corporate a couple weeks ago. Before, my ETL had to requisition a couple of the big first aid kits we sell to avoid running into trouble with CAL-OSHA.
And I hadn't heard of AP being in charge of supplies, the Cart Attendants/GSTL's are the ones who are in charge of making sure the spill stations and first aid kits are replenished.

And I hadn't heard of AP being in charge of supplies, the Cart Attendants/GSTL's are the ones who are in charge of making sure the spill stations and first aid kits are replenished.

At my store, the cart attendants are responsible for stocking cleaning supplies (paper towels, mini sweeper and dustpan, Sorb-X or whatever the hell it's called, etc.). We're also supposed to have the ad, a black-and-white ad, and a sheet of do-its in each spill station, but we're usually lucky if we can find cleaning supplies when there's a spill.

Does anyone's store still refer to the spill stations as MAC stations? I came across the term in the wiki.

Ain't got time to bleed. (Chomps cigar)

I was doing a revision in vitamins and was replacing one of the old front pieces where the holes were broken that the previous signing person had jerry rigged.
The plastic was so old it was gray and it shattered when I took it off, stabbing through the web in my thumb.
Needless to say I was bleeding like a stuck pig.
One of the guys from plano grabbed some gauze and tape from the first aid section, quickly getting me patched up but I was still bleeding into the bandage.
We had fairly recently had the training on cleaning up blood and that only people trained for it could do it.
At that point it was the ETL, who was not one bit happy when I went up to tell her there was a Dexter worthy clean up job waiting for her.

Did not mean to make light of your injury, quoting Jessie Ventura from Predator movie. Hope you're ok. Jumping out of helicopter, you're
on your own hope your parachute isn't red.

Ap is the "safety captain" and responsible for seeing that stations are filled, but not filling them. That's what delegating is for.

Nobody fills ours. We ensure the one closest to pfresh is stocked always.
Papertowels
Dustpan/broom
Perdiem/hydrox/whatever it's called now
Two bags of abszorb
Flashlight
Gloves
Zip ties
Trash bags/zip tie bags for glass
Do-it's

We had fairly recently had the training on cleaning up blood and that only people trained for it could do it.
At that point it was the ETL, who was not one bit happy when I went up to tell her there was a Dexter worthy clean up job waiting for her.

That and a moderate chemical spill (bottle of bleach, etc.) are about the only times I will be required to assist in cleaning up, according to my ETL-AP. The cart attendants can deal with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back