Archived First cash office shift tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUR99

GSTL
So I have my first Cash office shift tomorrow. I have no idea what to do in the cash office. My STL thought I would be a good candidate to learn the cash office. How hard is it?

So I have my first Cash office shift tomorrow. I have no idea what to do in the cash office. My STL thought I would be a good candidate to learn the cash office. How hard is it?
Cash office is 90% pure island of peace and 10% white hot grease fire of pure panic when your numbers don't add up at each "check point". Your trainer will go over everything with you. Just make sure when you have your first shift by yourself you have your name and TM numbers approved for CP4000. Good luck! and feel free to ask us any questions!

At first cash office is like diving headfirst into a foreign country with no knowledge of the language. I understood pretty much zero for the first few days (partially because my trainer neglected to explain any how's or why's).
Once you understand it, it's a piece of cake. You just have to be careful not to zone out and make stupid mistakes because going back and finding them is a pain in the butt.
While you're learning, don't feel pressured to go quickly. Take your time and focus on building accuracy, then work on your speed.

At first cash office is like diving headfirst into a foreign country with no knowledge of the language. I understood pretty much zero for the first few days (partially because my trainer neglected to explain any how's or why's).
Once you understand it, it's a piece of cake. You just have to be careful not to zone out and make stupid mistakes because going back and finding them is a pain in the butt.
While you're learning, don't feel pressured to go quickly. Take your time and focus on building accuracy, then work on your speed.
could not have said it better myself. My first shift alone took me 5 hours and 30 mins. LOD was pissed but my trainer who was kind enough to stay said to me "you want to be accurate over speed, the speed will happen with time." My best shift took me about 2 hours.

It's easy if you have a great trainer I was the trainer for cash office and before it was this old guy who retired when I took over as GSTL. time was to be out in 2-3 hours after two months in the cash office LOD was always understanding tho if it was over

My trainer ended up calling out because she was sick so my training is postponed until Monday. I am expected to be done within 2 hours :eek:.

My trainer ended up calling out because she was sick so my training is postponed until Monday. I am expected to be done within 2 hours :eek:.
How is your store's volume? It takes me at least 3, but I have a total of 34 registers, plus 8 SCO.
Try not to worry about time. You save time by going slow and doing things right the first time versus going quickly, making a bunch of mistakes, and taking hours to sort it out. I think the first time I did it by myself it took me 6 or 7 hours. They weren't thrilled, but they understood.

How is your store's volume? It takes me at least 3, but I have a total of 34 registers, plus 8 SCO.
Try not to worry about time. You save time by going slow and doing things right the first time versus going quickly, making a bunch of mistakes, and taking hours to sort it out. I think the first time I did it by myself it took me 6 or 7 hours. They weren't thrilled, but they understood.

Yikes, I didn't know a Target could have that many check outs!

Yikes, I didn't know a Target could have that many check outs!

Sounds about right for a Super Target or former Greatland (two entrances). My P-Fresh has a small front end with two rows of lanes (14 + 4 self checkout).

Sounds about right for a Super Target or former Greatland (two entrances). My P-Fresh has a small front end with two rows of lanes (14 + 4 self checkout).
latest

I can see accuracy over speed esp at first. Youll speed up as you get better.

Sorry I cannot offer good advice. I had one day in the CO for training. I was actually only in for about ~3 hours before my ETL-GE pulled me out to backup the lanes, and I never got to go back in...

They never scheduled me for training again because of no hours, of course. Still kinda saddens me even though I don't work there anymore. I would have liked being in the Cash Office all to myself getting to listen to my music and take a break from front lanes drama.

Best of luck to you!

You described it perfectly when you said its like diving headfirst into a foreign country with no knowledge of the language. Today was my third time and it's getting easier. It's a lot of steps to learn but I think once I have the routine down, I will enjoy the quiet time and not dealing with the madness of the front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back