Archived First day at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today was my first day working the overnight logistics shift. Started at 10pm and finished around 830am. Coming from my last job which was in the food industry I must say I have not worked this hard in a long long time. My whole body is sore as if I was just hit by a bus lol. I'm not complaining though...I actually enjoyed the work. I learned how to pull items which at first was a bit confusing as far as matching the merchandise numbers with the shelf numbers but I caught on within the hour. I didn't work the truck yet because I had computer training first but I will be doing so on Friday...helped with setting the line for the next truck delivery. Spent my lunch break learning how to operate the zebra. Didn't get a chance to mess around with back stocking because my team was way behind due to a few call outs. So I'm sure I will learn that on Friday as well. I made a few quick friends because everyone was very very friendly and welcoming...not something I'm used to right away. Started out working with a TM and eventually end up by myself...I completed 11 aisle within 2 hours which I think is good for a person working alone on his first day. There is a lot more that I will be learning over the next few days which I'm excited about...so basically overall I had a pretty good first day...oh and I also helped out with the trash And helped sweep the backroom. Can't wait until Friday night so I can do it all over again. So although I'm sore all over I really enjoyed the work. I can see myself sticking with this job for a long time.

So today was my first day working the overnight logistics shift. Started at 10pm and finished around 830am. Coming from my last job which was in the food industry I must say I have not worked this hard in a long long time. My whole body is sore as if I was just hit by a bus lol. I'm not complaining though...I actually enjoyed the work. I learned how to pull items which at first was a bit confusing as far as matching the merchandise numbers with the shelf numbers but I caught on within the hour. I didn't work the truck yet because I had computer training first but I will be doing so on Friday...helped with setting the line for the next truck delivery. Spent my lunch break learning how to operate the zebra. Didn't get a chance to mess around with back stocking because my team was way behind due to a few call outs. So I'm sure I will learn that on Friday as well. I made a few quick friends because everyone was very very friendly and welcoming...not something I'm used to right away. Started out working with a TM and eventually end up by myself...I completed 11 aisle within 2 hours which I think is good for a person working alone on his first day. There is a lot more that I will be learning over the next few days which I'm excited about...so basically overall I had a pretty good first day...oh and I also helped out with the trash And helped sweep the backroom. Can't wait until Friday night so I can do it all over again. So although I'm sore all over I really enjoyed the work. I can see myself sticking with this job for a long time.

I'm glad you like working at Target but I recommend changing your username. Target isn't fond of this site. People have been reprimanded for things posted on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back