First day. Last life

Justashmuck

chief of returns
Had my first orientation/8hour shift today. Not much of any “training” if none at all. Slapped me on a register and at the end told me I’m seasonal worker. Which I applied for full time guest advocate and nowhere did it say seasonal fulfillment. Sigh. I can already tell what this experience will be like 🕳🤸🏾

Target never guarantees 'full time' hours unless you're in a leadership position.
Your best best is to catch on as fast as you can with the little training you get & pick up shifts like mad crazy.
Weekends in particular are bonus as TMs call out when the weather is nice.
The more shifts you pick up the more face time in the store & eventually leaders notice.

I suggest learning to do OPU and SFS so you can pick up extra shifts. In my store they only schedule in one department (in my case grocery) but they let me work in any department that posts a shift.

In my opinion even when the pandemic settles down Target's OPU and SFS will remain high because will get used to it.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Had my first orientation/8hour shift today. Not much of any “training” if none at all. Slapped me on a register and at the end told me I’m seasonal worker. Which I applied for full time guest advocate and nowhere did it say seasonal fulfillment. Sigh. I can already tell what this experience will be like 🕳🤸🏾
It's unfortunate they are bunch of liars. They told you one thing and did another. Welcome to Tarshits bunches of lies that will continue.

Well that sucks. All Stores Are Not The Same, or ASANTS as we say around here. Sorry you got into a bad store. Hope it meets your needs for a while, start applying elsewhere though because they're probably gonna let you go at the end of the "season" whatever that is.

Well, a lot of the training is experience and as for being seasonal they do that to basically everyone. So if you suck at it they can get rid of you which makes sense

Back