Archived First time calling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came down with the flu yesterday and I went home early because of it. I really didn't want to call out (I feel like it's really bad to do it, like I'll get fired for it) so I waited to see if I'd be even just a little better so I could actually function while at work. But there was no change so I called in, I explained the situation and all I got in response was "okay, bye..*click*"... now I'm guilty for getting sick and feel like I'm gonna lose my job. Can I be fired for this?

Nope your fine if you call out three days they will ask for a docs note probably as proof or whatever. I had the flu a couple years back I dont envy you get aell keep up with fluids!

It's a weekend so naturally lods are a little salty when someone calls out. Don't take it personally. Assuming you aren't seasonal or still in your 90 you'll be okay.

I know ASANTS, but we have people (past their 60 days) that call in 2-3 times a month...and they still get scheduled near 40 hours. LOL. At my store, you are odd if you don't call in periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back