Archived First week of January- hours cut dramatically?

• Thread starter ChiPhaz
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChiPhaz

I figure this is normal in most Target locations. At my Super Target- im seasonal just over 70 days and first week schedules were posted today. I'm scheduled a whopping 18 hours for "flow team." Our sales are supposedly very low. Anyone seen their first week Jan. schedules? Comments? Concerns?

I haven't seen the schedule posted today for the first week in January. Even next week's schedule saw all of our hours go way down. So I'm wondering what next week's look like. But I refuse to go out on my day off to find out.

I have seen mine ,the usual 36 hrs ! ( 3 different centers ) !
But some cashiers were upset ,they got a whopping 6 hrs a week !

A few team members in my store are happy that they are cross-trained in Price Accuracy since we are getting a good amount of hours due to heavy workloads. My entire team has a full 40 hours and the back-ups have a few days with me, and a couple of days in their normal work center.

Hopefully mine doesnt cut back drastically. We're still overnight the 1st week of June so hopefully I still get my normal 40 hours

I saw myself go from 30-35 to 20 starting next week. Not entirely shocked, but surprised in the sense that I figured they wouldn't drop quite that much until mid-Janurary. Looks like they're wasting no time having us with no people on the sales floor again.

Since Presentation hours go back up starting next week, I am back on POG at least for a while. I will still do Entertainment and Electronics on some days.

Hours have been down at my store for about a good 2 months now so I won't be suprised.

I was down next week by choice (15 but now 22) and forgot to tell them I wanted short hours the next week.....so I have 34 that week. We are supposed to have missed sales enough to lose about 3000 hours these last 2 weeks....I haven't seen any loss.

this is completely normal - happens every year, just watch the swap board. From this point, we begin the climb to next years holiday season.

In my experience, the last 2 weeks of January were always the worst....Feb usually not much better..... brief uptick for easter then back to the doldrums until summer and BTS.... then stays steady and climbs little by little.....

On a side note, I wonder if our store hours for next year(2013) are still going to claim we will be closed Thanksgiving...... They should not post that if they don't mean it.....

I actually gained hours on the new schedule (40 instead of 39), but I attribute that to the fact that I'm in PFresh and we will have some MAJOR recovery going on from the Christmas madness. Not complaining.

It will depend on sales goals. We did not meet them every day. My store is screwed....less hours next week...

I have 8 hours for next week after doing 40 the last few weeks. I'm afraid to look at the new schedule because I'll be dayside again (meaning I'll get a whopping 4 hours of cashing).

Oh yeah....the big beginning of the year letdown for hours for certain departments, especially front end for instance, seems to be standard operating procedure based mostly on how much business/profit they think they can expect vs. how many ways can they save money...

Me, I have already seen a ten-hour difference ( 19 hours 1st week of jan. vs. 29 1/2 )....Heaven help me if it gets as bad as last year ( ten hour work weeks, keeps you on your toes if you've got grown folks' bills and this is your only job ), but truly only time will tell...

I went from 36-39 the past few weeks back to my "normal" 28 next week. I'm afraid to look at the two week out this morning.

I actually got 39 hours for New years week. Mainly POG shifts, glad to get any hours wherever they want me. I was mostly in seasonal for the past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back