Archived First

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Target Canada! Our processes may be different than yours, but we're happy to hear how things are going!(and be a place to vent if necessary!)

It's been rough lately, hours have been cut super thin, not exactly hitting the sales goal they had planned out for the Canadian stores.

It's been rough lately, hours have been cut super thin, not exactly hitting the sales goal they had planned out for the Canadian stores.

Same here. Doesn't help we opened during a slow time of the year. Undersold + overstaffed = no hours.

(Also, that video is brilliant. When you said not to watch it if you're easily offended I was hoping for more stereotypes like igloos and beavers and "aboot")

Last edited:
Really?? I had heard Canada has been doing very well at grand open.
Sorry to hear about the issues (we can all sympathize).

Pretty much the replies to every status on the Facebook page says it all. Every comment is pretty much "Prices are higher than in the US, no clothing above XXL, basically just a clean Zellers, would not go again."

The social media hate really bothers me. People also don't realize that the XL and 2XL actually feel like 2XL and 3XL. Some people just can't be helped. However I have gotten tons of praise from guests within the store. As long as we continue to see that I will be happy.

Pretty much the replies to every status on the Facebook page says it all. Every comment is pretty much "Prices are higher than in the US, no clothing above XXL, basically just a clean Zellers, would not go again."

That would explain why they still come to my store...

That would explain why they still come to my store...

The argument I have is this though:
Let's say there's an item that you can find in a Canadian Target for $10. That item can be found at a US Target for $5. By the time you take into account how much you're spending on gas, duty, and possibly lunch/dinner to make that trip, chances are you've spent more than $10 and have waited 60+ minutes at the border total. Is it really worth it?

That, and by going to the US you're not supporting your local economy. Spend at my store, I get to work. That's not happening.

If they buy many things in their trip to USA target, they will come out ahead though :)

....and some folks (like my sisters) will do ANYTHING to justify a shopping road trip.

True enough.

My team did get some more hours allocated to them for next week, though. Hopefully it's a sign that things are ramping up towards the holidays. That, and I'm moving next month and could use as much as I can.

Things were slow at first, our hours have been cut and it's been rough. The holidays will be great for our store. I think those guests who came in during opening and were disappointed will be coming in again and have a whole different experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back