Archived Fitting Room expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The expectations are unobtainable for softlines. One person is expected to do EVERYTHING in softlines. On an average day I cover electronics breaks, back up at the lanes for at least 45 minutes, work pulls, answer call buttons, zone (mens, active wear, intimates, shoes, infants, boys, and ready to wear) and finish abandons (which are insane because they only schedule me for softlines and I cant be in 12 places at once).

What is expected from your Fitting Room person? Is it this insane for other stores?

I am "a" store & my operator has been by herself to cover softlines more than once a week. Mostly on weekends, due to call outs or no shows.

My old store the Softlines Team Lead is often the fiting room/softlines person for the entire day. She pretty much just lets that phone just ring half the time because she is tired of running back and forth.

The expectations are unobtainable for softlines. One person is expected to do EVERYTHING in softlines. On an average day I cover electronics breaks, back up at the lanes for at least 45 minutes, work pulls, answer call buttons, zone (mens, active wear, intimates, shoes, infants, boys, and ready to wear) and finish abandons (which are insane because they only schedule me for softlines and I cant be in 12 places at once).

What is expected from your Fitting Room person? Is it this insane for other stores?

Yes. It's this way at my store. The phones ring overhead. Its ridiculous

most nights when I am closing the fitting room there is at least one hour where it is just me (that doesn't happen with other operators). I am expected to help zone shoes, men's basics, plus size and do rewraps, tags and sort the reshop. I am supposed to do all of this in a 6 hour shift...but Ms. Cushy Pants does diddly squat in her eight hour shift so I get to do her job too. Could be why they are finding ways to give me the 8 hour shifts and were thrilled when I told them I was down to just Target again (stress of two life sucking jobs was just too much and amazingly enough Target didn't suck as much life out of me)

My store only schedules fitting room from noon to close, and the dayside shift prepares abandon, works out what they can and monitors the fitting room activity. Fitting room at my store is not the operator.
Closer zones mens, sleepwear, activewear, and helps zone ready to wear. The other softlines closer zones boys/girls/infants, then goes to ready to wear. Cashiers or gsa/gstl help zone shoes and accessories. The expectations are way too high for two people, it's no wonder softlines doesn't look good at my store.

Our Fitting Room Attendants don't have to do as much. The responsibilities aren't much on paper, but once you see how many clothing items pass through our fitting room, it's crazy. It's rare that we're all caught up with everything We don't do phones unless the hr person in tsc is on a break and we're too understaffed for her to have coverage (usually a TL or ETL). We sort and do repackages and answer all softlines calls, get the jewelry callbox, zone clearance periodically if there's ever a lull in the sorting. If someone closes in there (they're usually scheduled to 9:30 or 10, we close at 11) they leave the FR when it dies down, usually an hour or so before close, to zone RTW, Accessories/jewelry and whatever else they can. They've been scheduling in a way that sometimes there are hours before anyone gets in there, or there's hours between two people, or hours from when they leave til close so we end up with piles of clothes in the rooms that need to be hung/folded sometimes.

We have at least two carts filled above the brim of just repackage stuff. It'll never get done.

Our fitting room attendants folds/hangs re-shop, answers the phones, and count items going in and out of fitting room. They go out and work out re-shop or help zone, but only after the store is closed.

I work at an ultra-low volume store so everyone pretty much does everything at my store. OP, things could be different if your store is higher volume and can have more people scheduled each night. Usually we have maybe 5 people closing (1 in softlines, 2 or 3 in hardlines, and 1 in electronics) and we have to zone our whole store with just 5 people. Our phones are set up so that it rings simultaneously at both the fitting room and at guest service, so whoever can get to it first answers it.

At my store, the fitting room TM is always at the fitting room desk. Due to the amount of fitting room traffic and the number of heaping carts of unsorted re-shop (A+ volume, top of the district in softlines sales, and close to the border), they can't leave the desk to zone or work re-shop. They always answer the phone too, unless it's Black Friday/Thursday/whatever day it'll be this year, in which case someone answers the phone in the TSC. We usually have coverage for the entirety of our open hours, but if hours are cut, then we lose a half hour or so each day at opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back