Archived fitting room operator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually i'm in fitting rooms just to cover for someone about 30 mins or so. Don't have too many phone calls but when I do, I feel like I'm annoying everyone over the walkie saying things such as ''hardlines you have a call in kitchen on 2280.'' do u guys do this often? I try to do most of the calls myself but when people are asking for specific stuff like pillows, i cant leave fitting rooms to go check if im working alone(cant leave fitting rooms unattanded) and also, do ur stores have transfer buttons for , guest services, TSC( for HR calls) and electronics? so the only time u need to park on 2280 is if someone wants to speak to LOD or parking a call for hardlines? just curious since i will be fitting rooms operator alone this weekend for the first time! what type of calls do u usually get?

You're doing exactly what you're supposed to do! I try to answer questions on the spot (item search function, walkies, and knowledge) but transfer them when necessary. I always, however, park calls on a line regardless of where I'm transferring them too. It's hard to say what somebody in a different department could be up to, so I put them on a 2280 line just to be safe

and whenever i call over the walkie for ex hardlines u have a call on 2280.. half the time no one responds or answers the call so i have to go over the walkie again. and the call continiously rings back to me.

That sounds normal for my store. We're so understaffed that it's expected that the tm in a dept might be with a guest, on register or on break. Sometimes I think they don't notice me announcing their calls so I'll go "team member in blue" (or wherever) and then once they respond, I'll tell them they have a call on 80. That way I know they heard me. I find that doing it that way vs saying "call on 80 for [dept]" also lets me know if they're busy. The people in my store are more likely to let me know they're with a guest or on register if I do it that way. For small questions, I ask via walkie "does anyone know if we carry tassimo coffees?" "does anyone know if we have Elsa dolls?/ps4s/xbox ones."

I try to use the pda whenever possible and every so often, I pull my phone out.

Thank you for your considering the other TM's point of view. I'm often the only TM on the floor during the day. No matter how fast I get to a phone it usually rings back to the FR. Also usually the 2nd or 3rd phone I try works. I work in in a huge store so it helps if the operator tries to give me info about what the caller wants. Sometimes they are really too busy though. I've worked fitting room so I know how busy it gets sometimes. You sound like you will do a great job. Do you have to call breaks, FF & do repackage too?

I like when the FRO mentions what the guest on 3-4, 3-5, or 3-6 wants. It's a little weird, but it gets me in the right mindset of what to be looking for.

I don't get why the FROs at my store transfer a call to softlines, especially if it's for RTW. My store's fitting rooms are right in the middle of RTW so there really shouldn't be a reason for them to do that :/

I like when the FRO mentions what the guest on 3-4, 3-5, or 3-6 wants. It's a little weird, but it gets me in the right mindset of what to be looking for.

I wish my store still had the 33 system. The 2280 system is a pain in the ass.

I don't get why the FROs at my store transfer a call to softlines, especially if it's for RTW. My store's fitting rooms are right in the middle of RTW so there really shouldn't be a reason for them to do that :/

They probably do it so they're not holding up the main phone line and they can take more calls.

We aren't always operator in the fr at my store, we cover tsc breaks, and when there just isn't anyone scheduled in there. Buut, fitting room always picks up softlines calls and just walkies someone who is on the floor to do the searching.

@BullseyeBabe thanks! no i dont call breaks or have repackage. i dont know how to repackage since no one has showed me. i just fold clothes at fitting rooms if its not too busy with guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back