Archived Fitting room

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the fitting room if y'all do that area I heard you would have to use the phone. Help! Thank you

What is TSC sorry for sounding dumb and so I just hang out around the fitting room area?
TSC is the desk where HR sits near where you clock in. While there's someone there, they handle phone calls. Once they leave for the day, take a break, etc, the phone calls become the fitting room operator's responsibility.

TSC is the desk where HR sits near where you clock in. While there's someone there, they handle phone calls. Once they leave for the day, take a break, etc, the phone calls become the fitting room operator's responsibility.

Thank you! :)

At my store the operator takes all of the calls and when the operator goes on break, a softlines TM covers the break.

That's weird well I'm going in today to crosstrain and I'm going to ask a lot of questions about it

Not here. Operator/FR/SF deals with it during store hours. Only if the OPER/FR CO/NCNS does HRTM handle it.

Yeah, this is one case that is seriously ASANTS.
In my old store the HR TM answered the phone unless he was on break then the fitting room person did.
I've read of stores here where the fitting room does it all the time and others where they actually have a full time operator.
You need to ask a lot of questions and write things down.

Yeah, this is one case that is seriously ASANTS.
In my old store the HR TM answered the phone unless he was on break then the fitting room person did.
I've read of stores here where the fitting room does it all the time and others where they actually have a full time operator.
You need to ask a lot of questions and write things down.

Thanks! I will because I know a lot of phone calls happened in the fitting room area but I will ask questions and put notes in my phone so I know everything:)

Thanks! I will because I know a lot of phone calls happened in the fitting room area but I will ask questions and put notes in my phone so I know everything:)

Sounds like your store uses the fitting room TM as operator.

I Started as a Fitting Room Team Member and at my store we answered all the phone calls. Our HR Team member can answer them, but never does. She is much to busy eavesdropping and gossiping for that.

I am FRO and my duties include manning the Fitting Room (obvs), answering the phone/screening calls, zoning, 4x4ing the softlines department closest to the FR, reshop the areas closest to the FR, and assisting SL Flow Team with breakout/push on truck days.

assisting SL Flow Team with breakout/push on truck days.

Ummmm this one ... I gotta know how in the world do you help SL FLOW????????????? No way our FRO could do that. The phones are just too busy for them to do that day side anyway...

SL breakout 100% better be done by the time store opens... or I would probably loose my mind... so that leaves push and knowing the call volume we get at store open... I don't see how that would fly... even doing the area immediately around our FR... I am just not sure how that would fly where you would be productive with the phone and FR interruptions.

Interesting....

ASANTS. The store I am at sounds like it is lower in volume than yours. So calls are not overwhelming on most days, barring holidays and the time before them. Our SL Flow works during the day. Breakout starts a little before open.

Relevant.
content.php

At my store (high volume) FROs tend to use the mobile phone. They repackage products, help manage go-backs, care for the fitting room, deal with calls, assist guests, 4x4 close zones (RTW, activewear, and men's at my store), and give checks to team members who don't have direct deposit. Fitting room checks are marked, so if you find a suspicious circumstance where a guest tried to or did take something, it is easier for AP. Since when I'm operator we're closing, another duty is to use the overheard page system to announce that the store will be closing, and then putting the phone on night service and taking the checks up to guest services to be put away for the night. I am usually on the sales floor for Softlines, though. Since I am a university student, my availability is the afternoon-nighttime so I close 99% of the time during the school semesters.

Edit: Fitting room checks = Checking the rooms and making sure they're clear and if they're not, reporting that they weren't. Team member checks: Paychecks. Very very confusing. Sorry. :( I did not realise until I read it again.

Last edited:
Ummmm this one ... I gotta know how in the world do you help SL FLOW????????????? No way our FRO could do that. The phones are just too busy for them to do that day side anyway...

SL breakout 100% better be done by the time store opens... or I would probably loose my mind... so that leaves push and knowing the call volume we get at store open... I don't see how that would fly... even doing the area immediately around our FR... I am just not sure how that would fly where you would be productive with the phone and FR interruptions.

Interesting....
Stores that unload the truck at 6am do not have the breakout done by 8. And the phone in these stores may ring a handful of times between 8 and 10am.

In My store the hr answers phones til fitting room comes in (which is noon to 2pm weekdays). When fitting room is staffed they answer calls, zone girls and back half of rtw, put reshop away wherever they can reach and hear the phones, assist with mannequin changes, etc.
when hr goes to break before fitting room is staffed, either the cash office answers calls ringing overhead, or softlines answers them.

At my store the operator takes all of the calls and when the operator goes on break, a softlines TM covers the break.
Same for our store... We only have an HR TM in the TSC a couple hours a week.

We carry a wireless with us and zone/re-shop the dept. closest to FR in addition to clean-up & guest assist in FR.

Last edited:
In my store, the HRTM answers the phones, but she only works M-F 7-3:30 pm. The fitting room operator covers her breaks until the evening operator comes in, usually at 4pm. Typically, we have three softlines sales floor tms (weekdays) and four (weekends), although currently it has been two. The fitting room operator is responsible for answering phones (no wireless phone- I wish), closing announcements, checking the rooms, sorting re-shop from guest services, handling re-wraps, then assisting the RTW zoner and ocassionally the jewelry/accessories zoner (our fitting room is in RTW) with re-shop and the zone. Right now, with only two closers on the floor, I handle all fitting room duties and as well as zoning RTW. My store only allows the HRTM, plus TLs and above to handle checks. The operator distributing checks would be a huge no-no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back