Fixing OOS Issues

CTL

My store had some notes from a recent conference call that told us to use “all of our resources” to ensure replenishment of OOS items. Meaning, not just SFC/SFQ audits, or on hand audits, but they are looking for something more. Am I just dumb, or are there other things we can be doing to help us get more replenishment?
They basically told us that it was unacceptable to have OOS at this point, even though a lot of things are on WIU and recovery is not expected for a month or longer. Any ideas of what we could do here?

With data being such a huge drive right now, every visit we have the DSD/BP's/Group/etc all have mydevices and scan items constantly. But beyond ensuring the data at the store level is correct via audit/SFQ/SFC there's not much else a store can do about it. When you have a large section of OOS and WIU (or chatbot) is telling you that, you can make a plan for your team to flex over the sections.

I'm constantly telling my DBOs to flex out relevant product when we will not be receiving replenishment on items for a long time. Basically, as long as your stores data is correct there's not much else to do besides wait.

OOS stands for out of stock. So if an items gets sold from let’s say domestics and you have a location in the back for it it will generate a OOS batch. I suggest combining the OOS batch with man when pulling and that batch will clear out .

so we have been using mysupport with OOS along with our week sales to see if they can move our numbers around to replenish correctly, also have been doing the same for overstocks.
we are also struggling to fill our gaps and seeing major heat from group now. since then we have been flexing in all directions with overstock product on floor, then shopping our backroom with focus on getting discontinued out. we just make sure when we flex our dbos are using relevant items and making statements on the floor.

so we have been using mysupport with OOS along with our week sales to see if they can move our numbers around to replenish correctly, also have been doing the same for overstocks.
we are also struggling to fill our gaps and seeing major heat from group now. since then we have been flexing in all directions with overstock product on floor, then shopping our backroom with focus on getting discontinued out. we just make sure when we flex our dbos are using relevant items and making statements on the floor.
I hope you store tie whatever is it that you are flexing out

I have to wonder how filling the floor with discontinued, NOP, and high inventory items will help get items into the store that are out of stock (and not part of chain-wide fulfillment problem). Yes, those things absolutely need to be on the floor, but this is not solving the fulfillment problem! It's filling empty spots. I think complete SFC reevalualtion, backroom and salesfloor audits, an evaluation of fill to order, monitoring of whether or not store ties are made, retraining/coaching for overstocking salesfloor will all help to a much higher degree.

Back