Archived Flash Mob at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a store in my immediate area that busted out a Flash Mob during Raindeer Run. I totally wish I could show you guys the video, lol. There were a few team members that got the memo late, lol. They were griping saying "you are all way too full of energy for 8am"

I happened to be there during the Flash Mob, lol. You can tell they shoved the people who didn't know what they were doing into the back.

Disclaimer: I'm NOT saying this is my store. It could be or it couldn't be. I'm not saying.

Has anyone done a flash mob at Target?

Last edited:
If someone could airbrush me to look like Iron Man, I would participate in a heartbeat.

I saw one once when I was visiting out of town at another Target. First time I ever saw one! I wonder how they plan this things....

What prototype is that Target in the video? Looks exactly like mine except Food Ave where Guest Service is??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bdLZ6ylD0s
Uploaded today. I doubt it's your store, though.

Still, the one target closest to looking like the one I look at (it isn't my target :p)

Nope. This was was more elaborate and had all Sales Floor team members doing it.
This is the video. I might as well post it now since it's already on the internet and I'm sure someone will post it.

(another disclaimer: I AM NOT the recording it)

http://www.break.com/index/walmart-vs-target-dance-battle-2219086

Last edited:
Not a flash mob per say - but still cool - to me at least
banana097.gif

If you look through a few of these - there's some military
patriot.gif

The first time I saw this was at the "Ton Son Nhut" air base ( Dodge City ) a hundred years ago.

The "Canuck's" played some "Kiwi's" that where flown in ( still have no idea why ) for a game. They would try to intimidate each other before their football games
Shirt.gif
Player.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eGCsEQ15L4&feature=related

( spelling edit - cant expect to much - look where I work )

Last edited:
Flash mobs are the essence of spontaneity, originality and non-asking-for-permissionness. Corporations and stores are the exact opposite: Branded, planned, globalized bureaucracy. These two don't mix. I like flash mobs, and I like Target, but the two of them combined churns my stomach. It's embarrassing.

spon·ta·ne·i·ty
   [spon-tuh-nee-i-tee, -ney-]
noun, plural -ties.
1. the state, quality, or fact of being spontaneous.
2. spontaneous activity.
3. spontaneities, spontaneous impulses, movements, or actions.

spon·ta·ne·i·ty
   [spon-tuh-nee-i-tee, -ney-]
noun, plural -ties.
1. the state, quality, or fact of being spontaneous.
2. spontaneous activity.
3. spontaneities, spontaneous impulses, movements, or actions.

Which describes flash mobs (elaborately choreographed, planned, and scheduled in advance) how?

I'm not knocking them--I mean, if it makes you happy, by all means do it--but they are not spontaneous in the slightest. They might look like it from the outside to a child, I suppose? But nobody really believes these things just happen.

You ain't lyin'! That was AWESOME!
<3 Todrick! (you're right, he's cute)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back