And the RFID scanner helps it can tell you where it might be but the area is all just unsorted carts that couldn't be moved.. Packed into an aisle blocked in. That sucked so bad.. I knew it was there but I could not could not dig into all those carts.. I just could not do it..
Shopping carts isn’t too bad. You just pull out one cart at a time, take it a few feet away and scan it to see if it’s the one.

Now pallets of repacks is what really sucks...signal bounces all over the place making it hard to figure it out without walking each box a few feet away to scan individually.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before and I’ve been meaning to pass on this tip before I forget:

If you are searching for an item that just came in on the truck, and is likely in a repack, you can narrow it down to exactly which box it will be in.

Get on the computer and open WPT (through Workbench), select the current truck, and open the detailed DCI report. It will show a line listing of every single item on the truck. Use Ctrl+F to search for the DPCI (using spaces instead of dashes). When you find it, look at the 20-digit number in the 2nd column from the right. That is the repack number that will be on the sticker on the repack containing your item. The last 5 digits is your store number followed by a check digit, so I usually would take a picture and then start by looking at repacks with that same last digit.

This does require some common sense (don’t go digging through softlines repacks if you’re looking for an electronics item), but it saved me so much time by eliminating the need to rip open dozens of boxes for one thing.

*Disclaimer - Acknowledged trucks are removed from WPT at noon, so this only works in the morning.

While that is a great tip SFSFun, this doesn't work for me (and I assume the other three stores) as we use the new Receive application to acknowledge our trucks.

Removing that as well as the ability to see 'Received' dates from myWork until 2.0 has made picking items from the truck a lot harder.
Is there any eta on myWork 2.0?

While that is a great tip SFSFun, this doesn't work for me (and I assume the other three stores) as we use the new Receive application to acknowledge our trucks.

Removing that as well as the ability to see 'Received' dates from myWork until 2.0 has made picking items from the truck a lot harder.
I was afraid of that. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they get rid of WPT too.

just out of curiosity, has anyone recently picked/had a problem with 049-00-1045? Supposed to be a mens 8 pack of soap and it's actually a womens 6 pack.

Last edited:
Two questions, so with Manhattan supposedly going away does anyone know what the alternative will be because there better be one. If not then RIP SFS as there’s almost always errors when I don’t work it. And where exactly do you go to find the number of packages you have packed so you can give the number to UPS? Our old driver usually just guessed the number so we never had to print anything out.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before and I’ve been meaning to pass on this tip before I forget:

If you are searching for an item that just came in on the truck, and is likely in a repack, you can narrow it down to exactly which box it will be in.

Get on the computer and open WPT (through Workbench), select the current truck, and open the detailed DCI report. It will show a line listing of every single item on the truck. Use Ctrl+F to search for the DPCI (using spaces instead of dashes). When you find it, look at the 20-digit number in the 2nd column from the right. That is the repack number that will be on the sticker on the repack containing your item. The last 5 digits is your store number followed by a check digit, so I usually would take a picture and then start by looking at repacks with that same last digit.

This does require some common sense (don’t go digging through softlines repacks if you’re looking for an electronics item), but it saved me so much time by eliminating the need to rip open dozens of boxes for one thing.

*Disclaimer - Acknowledged trucks are removed from WPT at noon, so this only works in the morning.
Still sounds like, a lot of time. Although, I am just as thorough, I usually go for an RFID.... If it is C9 Black Leggings.... I always do.

I also always ask a Softlines TM if "they have seen these pants". Before I do.

Two questions, so with Manhattan supposedly going away does anyone know what the alternative will be because there better be one. If not then RIP SFS as there’s almost always errors when I don’t work it. And where exactly do you go to find the number of packages you have packed so you can give the number to UPS? Our old driver usually just guessed the number so we never had to print anything out.
There isn't an alternative other than calling the CSC.

Shopping carts isn’t too bad. You just pull out one cart at a time, take it a few feet away and scan it to see if it’s the one.

Now pallets of repacks is what really sucks...signal bounces all over the place making it hard to figure it out without walking each box a few feet away to scan individually.

I would love to have, but no where to move them, since I had to mountain goat my ass over a salvage, and two pepsi pallets to even find the those stupid carts. We are back to grid lock in the receiving area with clearance and truck BS.. No where to move them.. :(

There are still z-racks back there dated 5-25 Reshop.

just out of curiosity, has anyone recently picked/had a problem with 049-00-1045? Supposed to be a mens 8 pack of soap and it's actually a womens 6 pack.

Offhand, never had a problem with this item, so I checked and my store doesn't sell it, so I have nothing to offer..sorry

Wait.. why do you have to tell UPS the number of packages you have?? My store has been UPS since flex started years ago and we never printed anything out or had to give them a number.

And most days we don't need Manhattan, but when we need it, it's because we NEED it. I haven't heard that it's going away, but they better replace it with something, or else RIP pack on time!

Our softlines is fucked too. 14 pallets of repacks sitting in the backroom. The new ones off the truck dont fit in the backroom so they sit outside the backroom doors until like 11 when everything else has been worked and backstocked lol.

Why did everyone’s softlines get fucked at the same time?

Our softlines is fucked too. 14 pallets of repacks sitting in the backroom. The new ones off the truck dont fit in the backroom so they sit outside the backroom doors until like 11 when everything else has been worked and backstocked lol.

Why did everyone’s softlines get fucked at the same time?
because of the "one of each size on the floor" crap

They want it to look like a "boutique" rather than a discount store like Spot actually is.

Hope you lurking executives read and digest this better than you support your struggling down-line.

"The name 'Target' originated from publicity director Stewart K. Widdess, and was intended to prevent consumers from associating the discount store with the department store."

Hope you lurking executives read and digest this better than you support your struggling down-line.

"The name 'Target' originated from publicity director Stewart K. Widdess, and was intended to prevent consumers from associating the discount store with the department store."
I think the problem is that Spot's main demographic seems to be people who have a sense of entitlement and want to feel like they're at a fancy store without actually spending fancy store kind of money. See: the 2018 remodels.

Repacks all the way from May 12 to May 28 are converted to, which I wanna say 15-20, z-racks. The softlines stockroom is full of vehicles for every softlines department with no SFS able to drive through. The TL mentioned an overnight team will work on all of them and I don’t know how they’ll get a majority of it down. I wonder if she remembers of the 7 reshop carts in receiving.

I think the problem is that Spot's main demographic seems to be people who have a sense of entitlement and want to feel like they're at a fancy store without actually spending fancy store kind of money. See: the 2018 remodels.

I understand that is Spot's drive though it's functioning as a guise for shitty management and basic execution of rules & communication. Don't just talk about it; be about it. Hundreds of thousands to $1,000,000+ a store for remodel yet (A.S.A.N.T.S) cry over 0.5-1.5hr overtime when they ask people to stay. Whether it's truck push or packing in SFS. It creates more work for me the following shift or some other soul.

My biggest pet peeve as a store who received two projectors is they are underutilized. They loop the same pointless clips of products day after day. Why not outline a map of the store and highlight aisles with certain sales? Why not display a walk through for installing the Target app for Andriod/iOS and how to use it? Why not show real ads for Shipt|Restock|Online ordering?

The "innovators" up top, with all their college knowledge and experience want to make stores modern but from many of our perspectives they're going out of their way to go backwards.

Last edited:
They can count it if they really want to know. I was actually told in person a few years ago by someone from corporate that we aren’t supposed to tell them how many packages we have and they aren’t even supposed to ask.

Still sounds like, a lot of time. Although, I am just as thorough, I usually go for an RFID.... If it is C9 Black Leggings.... I always do.

I also always ask a Softlines TM if "they have seen these pants". Before I do.
It seems like a lot but it really isn’t. Usually took about 2 minutes to get to the receiving computer and pull up the info I needed. Easily saved that time by not having to open and dig through every single repack, and instead just quickly looking at each label and only opening the box containing my item.

And I never used it for softlines since they break out during the unload. Only used it for Electronics and HBA since those were not broken out at my store and sometimes sat untouched for a few hours.

Wait, the “Receive” date is being deprecated in myWork 2.0!? Why? That’s one of the most useful features of myWork for picking. There’s no legitimate reason to get rid of it.

Manhattan is going away too? I don’t know what’s going on at HQ, but I’d really appreciate it if they would stop taking away things that SFS is dependent on. I’m very hopeful that there will be an alternative. I really don’t want to call the CSC because one guy lost a packing slip.

Back