Are any other stores having pallets of paper towels ordered? In the past few days we’ve sent out at least 4 7 ft pallets of paper towels that I know about. I wish that was an OPU or in store only pick up.
Yep - the other day we had 3 pallets of paper towel orders. Our INF score has been suffering from it.

This is my goal sheet, it can hold up to 30 names. I list sfs and opu teams. They are supposed to fill it out at the end of their shift. Feedback is if they were all green in metrics, met their goal, or if they got pulled for something else. It helps keep them accountable and competitive.View attachment 11475
Where does the unit goal number come from?

For my team I do 36 units times however many hours they’re working and subtract time for breaks of course but that’s if they’re just picking (not sure how vngoghlvr does it but that’s my 2 cents)
I was doing it by 40, but I'm trying to get them to 50. I base it off just picking, but I count all units.

The daily goal info is interesting - I am having my SFS pick team also prep - does anyone else also do this?

We're avg about 37 uph at the moment, with the team goal set to get to 41 consistently (1 above Spot's defined expectation) and I provide feedback over a weekly interval rather than daily.

I mean, in theory yeah- that poster is how it goes.
But I'm not about to separate everything in to 4 bags when it all fits into 1 - that's a huge waste of bags, and we do not have enough space to not put grocery on the bottom.

As if anyone cares. They pull anyone and everyone to pick orders since they won't staff us properly. So it looks like a shit show all the time.. So this is just a poster to be ignored. As we have been told, "you should be grateful you got help."

I don't mention a damn thing if someone from a different department screws up stowing. Forcing them into our overly tedious process will make them less likely to help.

I don't mention a damn thing if someone from a different department screws up stowing. Forcing them into our overly tedious process will make them less likely to help.

When I have to fix he mess or get talked to about the mess that is the hold space you bet your ass I am going to bitch. That kind of help I don't need.

When I have to fix he mess or get talked to about the mess that is the hold space you bet your ass I am going to bitch. That kind of help I don't need.

Oh. We just blame guest services for the mess. 95% of the time it is because they somehow managed to not give a guest their entire order. Actually, pulled 3 shopping carts of that out today as part of the hold space makeover.

Oh. We just blame guest services for the mess. 95% of the time it is because they somehow managed to not give a guest their entire order. Actually, pulled 3 shopping carts of that out today as part of the hold space makeover.
Been there. Quite a few times. "Completed" orders from weeks/months ago that never actually left holding, or partial orders that got missed. I'll bring it up to my TL or the SETL and get a show of "oh no. Those dang kids" and then shrugs as it continues to happen. :rolleyes:

They're doing a thing at my store now where we put an extra label on the order and it goes into a log book for "auditing" along with the TM who completed the order - that way if orders are partially missed or never actually left, they can check the book and see who pulled the order

They're doing a thing at my store now where we put an extra label on the order and it goes into a log book for "auditing" along with the TM who completed the order - that way if orders are partially missed or never actually left, they can check the book and see who pulled the order

We have the log book too. Doesn't help. Our SETLs demanded putting an extra label on the bags. But, fortunately my ETL put a hard NO on that by quoting the corporate directive that we can't hit reprint. We're so short on labels we can't waste them on that.

Last edited:
Back