i would think people would be more complaining about the FF orders that are 112 items because of back to school. at least where i am, there is a webpage where it links you to target to place an order for all your BTS needs. we had 3 in a row of 112 item orders. was a crazy

By the way, if anyone is interested, you can now change the pathing that your batches take around the sales floor. You do not need to be logged in as an ETL to do it (though you should probably check with your TL before messing with this).

Go on workbench and search "sales floor pathing." It will come up with a page that says something like "item investigation." Click it and you can go in and change almost anything you need:
- the order of the departments it takes you through
- the order of the aisles in the departments
- which aisles are in which departments
- add, remove, consolidate departments as needed
- you cannot change the order of backroom locations, and they will still come first
- you cannot change NOP items, they will still come up at the end
**NOTE** you must first add target.com to the compatibility settings in the browser, or the application won't work.

A friend told me about this last week and there was apparently some instructions for it in a redwire about SFS. I added some departments (the application calls them "sales floor groups"), moved some aisles around, changed the order it takes going through departments, and reversed the order of entire blocks of aisles.

No more backtracking or skipping when picking batches!

I'm so pissed. When we got SFS last year it was just the captain and myself who did it. As the orders increased we trained more people but most if not all my 40 hours were SFS. Now we have a new TL and they just use me for backroom. Our orders are going up and they're talking about training a bunch of people which will help for certain days we don't have coverage but I know I'm going to be getting the short end. Even days I'm scheduled for it they have me backstock instead as long as we don't have too many orders. Our ETL will do the picks and force me to do the scrub work. Pretty sure he has more important things to do.

/rant

By the way, if anyone is interested, you can now change the pathing that your batches take around the sales floor. You do not need to be logged in as an ETL to do it (though you should probably check with your TL before messing with this).

Go on workbench and search "sales floor pathing." It will come up with a page that says something like "item investigation." Click it and you can go in and change almost anything you need:
- the order of the departments it takes you through
- the order of the aisles in the departments
- which aisles are in which departments
- add, remove, consolidate departments as needed
- you cannot change the order of backroom locations, and they will still come first
- you cannot change NOP items, they will still come up at the end
**NOTE** you must first add target.com to the compatibility settings in the browser, or the application won't work.

A friend told me about this last week and there was apparently some instructions for it in a redwire about SFS. I added some departments (the application calls them "sales floor groups"), moved some aisles around, changed the order it takes going through departments, and reversed the order of entire blocks of aisles.

No more backtracking or skipping when picking batches!

THANK YOU for posting this! My fellow SFS-ers and I were JUST saying how we wish we wouldn't have to go from one end of the store to the other and back again when picking items.

I'm so pissed. When we got SFS last year it was just the captain and myself who did it. As the orders increased we trained more people but most if not all my 40 hours were SFS. Now we have a new TL and they just use me for backroom. Our orders are going up and they're talking about training a bunch of people which will help for certain days we don't have coverage but I know I'm going to be getting the short end. Even days I'm scheduled for it they have me backstock instead as long as we don't have too many orders. Our ETL will do the picks and force me to do the scrub work. Pretty sure he has more important things to do.

/rant

I hate it when they took me out in SFS. When we got it in our store, I'm the one who mains it, getting 36-40hrs. Last year, months before 4th quarter, I was moved in Backroom because I'm one of the best. Wasn't really a problem because I was still getting the hours around 4th quarter but as months passed by, I get 25 hours plus dealing with worthless TMs.

I just heard from ETL HR that orders are going up 300-1500 October 1st, depending on your store (Sfs/Esfs). Sigh. I mean we need more people but that won't be as big of a problem as getting PDAs. It's hard enough to grab one PDA while flow is in the building

Yeah I hear my store is going up to 1500. Our pack by percentage is already completely fucked, but now it'll be way worse. Holiday season will not be fun.

We have five PDAs that are exclusively set aside for us, in our own locked cabinet at the SFS packing station. We're given keys at the start of our shift. The PDAs are each labeled SFS #1, etc. so we can easily keep track of them. Other tms can only use one if we don't need them.
We had 3 PDAs to start. One broke in the beginning, was sent out and we never got it back. We also had a locked cabinet. One visiting ETL thought it would be OK to give flow our guns when we weren't here and then the ETL LOG found them. The lock on the cabinet broke too so that's sitting there completely open. We were hiding (wth ETL AP permission) the last ship gun after the second ones screen shattered. ETL LOG caught wind and wrote my SFS captain up for hiding OUR gun so we can't anymore

Smh idk if we can handle 1500 a day, we just now gotten the process down for 300 orders. Instead of 8 hour shifts everyone has 5 hours. So that way we have more ppl.

We don't have a process down for the 100-150 order we are getting now lmao. Leadership mentioned we are getting scheduled on projected forecast and my ETL LOG basically said she doesn't think we need to be paired up. I was like um one person can't do 120 orders in 8 hours. I can't even imagine 400 orders. We didn't even get that shit down last 4th quarter no matter how much I told leadership that scheduling 2 people for 350 orders isn't ever going to work smh

We have five PDAs that are exclusively set aside for us, in our own locked cabinet at the SFS packing station. We're given keys at the start of our shift. The PDAs are each labeled SFS #1, etc. so we can easily keep track of them. Other tms can only use one if we don't need them.

We have the same thing, but the Overnight ETLs both have the key to the cabinet so they always let Overnight backroom and flow use them, but they never ever return them. As recently at 6 months ago, every single SHIP PDA was pristine in new condition. And now, every single one has a cracked screen, broken trigger, or missing buttons. And now, the only decent PDAs in the pool are just SHIP ones that they tore the label off of. Every ship shift we have to go hunting for PDAs and that wastes a good 20 minutes or so of work per person, it's absurd.

We have specific PDAs for logistics. They were locked up, but some LODs would give them to others. The BRTL got a combination lock. No problems since. Just sayin' ;)

Wait what? Those who are going to 1500 I assume are ESFS?

But even 300 for a regular SFS on October 1st seems ridiculous. What the hell do they think is going to cause order volume to increase so much, so early??

Also, where is everyone hearing this from? I check redwire fairly often and haven't seen anything besides a slight bump in the cap going into effect next week.

Wait what? Those who are going to 1500 I assume are ESFS?

But even 300 for a regular SFS on October 1st seems ridiculous. What the hell do they think is going to cause order volume to increase so much, so early??

Also, where is everyone hearing this from? I check redwire fairly often and haven't seen anything besides a slight bump in the cap going into effect next week.
Yeah im curious too... u know ETLs gossip information... no one checks... and is there a way to see what stores are going ESFS in my district...one of the ETLs said it was 3

Yeah im curious too... u know ETLs gossip information... no one checks... and is there a way to see what stores are going ESFS in my district...one of the ETLs said it was 3
Yeah see I don't have an ETL and nobody else cares to share SFS info with me.

Yeah see I don't have an ETL and nobody else cares to share SFS info with me.
Ill trade u my awful new ETL Log... no one likes him... he said he hates Flexible fulfillment department... he doesnt check any change of availability or requests off... HR wont do anything about.... And now he is moving everything around in the backroom and not locuing locations.... so all the web only furniture and baby stuff is in the wrong locations... and paper towels and infant furniture...then u have stuff on the shelfs with no labels telling anyone where it is... huh he starts so many projects and doesnt finish any of them.. so please take him

I heard it both from the BRTL responsible for SFS as well as from the ETL OPS, who both apparently heard it from the DTL. Not sure if it's reliable or not.

I wish my store kept to that. We did when we had a TL, but then they forced him out to SF and Black Friday he walked out with a few other TMs/TLs. After that the BRTL took over and took all but one PDA. Since then we've lost that 1 and have to fight backroom for one. :/ Not looking forward to the Holiday Season since as of now only three people in my store know SFS, one who is moving to SF, a newbie and myself. All the rest walked out.

My store is getting ship from store in October. They are planning on bringing a second receiver on board to handle it. My TL said all stores are getting it. I think my backroom is too small to handle it, heck, it's too small even without sfs

Back