We go from 25 to 50 in September. Right now myself or one other person work a 4 hour shift and do it all by ourself. What happens when the limits go up? Are there going to be multiple people working at once?

ETL Log shared with me that our store's order limit will increase from 50 to 200 some time soon. Additionally it's speculated that 2-3 new work stations will be built in the near future.

But this is Target and communication is meh so I'm taking it with a grain of salt...
Doesn't really make sense to have additional packing stations for 200 orders. Most stores that got this last year have been doing just fine with a single packing station for 150 orders

We go from 25 to 50 in September. Right now myself or one other person work a 4 hour shift and do it all by ourself. What happens when the limits go up? Are there going to be multiple people working at once?
Exactly.

You know I'm coming from the backroom, so don't send me to the front of the store and then to the back!
Use the skip button!

Maybe someday they will give stores the ability to map out a default path ourselves...

Logic is to Target as oil is to vinegar...

Doesn't really make sense to have additional packing stations for 200 orders. Most stores that got this last year have been doing just fine with a single packing station for 150 orders.

The only increase that would be required is man power which we already have. Three additional TM's are already trained for SFS.

Last edited:
SFSFun said:
Before the mid comes in, tell your TL that orders are dropping in slow and YOU can handle it just fine.

Although everyone trained in SFS should be getting plenty of practice for the insanity that is Q4 coming up.
My leadership is weird. They want to break me off as soon as the mid comes in because flow can't get their shit together. I don't mind helping out, but since my workcenter is now "Flexible Fulfillment," that's where I want to work.

Today we had around 68 orders, I pulled from the time I got in and stopped just before the mid came in. I left one of the large batches and a few of little ones so that he could get experience picking. Then we both packaged before I went to lunch. It worked much better.

Last edited:
High item count, but DPCI count is only 16.
Exactly. And there's no knowing if it's a bunch of pencils or diapers. Huge difference.

My leadership is weird. They want to break me off as soon as the mid comes in because flow can't get their shit together. I don't mind helping out, but since my workcenter is now "Flexible Fulfillment," that's where I want to work.
Well you can suggest the mid TM goes straight to backstocking until you need his help.

Done right: Something epic & cutting edge.
Done typically Target: The breach will be small potatoes as far as disasters.
Yeah I'm surprised that they are taking the lead on this (after Amazon), because it is the way of the future. Hopefully they do a soft rollout and wait to make sure it is being done correctly and without issues before advertising this.

And it's only certain categories of food but I have no idea how to interpret what they are. It was something like five sets of letters/numbers in a D.000 format.

I wonder if my STL/ETL knows about it.

Oh well, guess I have to take care of it
If they are anything like at my store, it will sit until the due date (I think 8/17) and then the opening LOD will change it to completed.

I think this one was actually assigned to Fulfillment TM on Redwire.

The other thing changing is collates will print every 30 minutes instead of 60.

Out of curiosity, do other workstations have the gripper tape? I've been asking mine if we've gotten any in yet because it's consistently the one thing we're missing, but according to people do the audits they can't find it.

Out of curiosity, do other workstations have the gripper tape? I've been asking mine if we've gotten any in yet because it's consistently the one thing we're missing, but according to people do the audits they can't find it.
Yes we have it. I'm not sure what kind of package it comes in but I know it was not very obvious what it was for.

The last time we ordered some, it came on a signing pallet, then the signing TM put it in the ambient room, and the PA put it in the GSTL's office. It took a few days to track down...

I absolutely hate flex fulfillments. We dont have SFS, just the regular version of f.f.s, and our scores are laughable. We have something like a 75% on time pick %. I checked the log and saw alot of those came from me. :( I absolutely hate when f.f.s drop during a long/busy CAF. I basically have to decide between doing the CAFs or letting them rollover a bit to do a flex fulfillment.

Back