I have not worked sfs for a year, and I was put in charge of it the last 3 days.

I now hate it. I don't have the equipment or tm's to get 46 batches done and packed at noon. Damn target...

I have not worked sfs for a year, and I was put in charge of it the last 3 days.

I now hate it. I don't have the equipment or tm's to get 46 batches done and packed at noon. Damn target...
That sucks. Hopefully they don't blame you for things going poorly. The key to a successful SFS operation is preparing in advance. TMs need to be hired and trained, schedules need to be planned out, supplies need to be ordered and organized, and the pack stations and carts need to be ready to go.

There's only so much you can do when you take over this late in the season.

That sucks. Hopefully they don't blame you for things going poorly. The key to a successful SFS operation is preparing in advance. TMs need to be hired and trained, schedules need to be planned out, supplies need to be ordered and organized, and the pack stations and carts need to be ready to go.

So much this. My store just kinda took the age-old "Throw bodies at the problem until it's solved" approach which is definitely less than stellar. They pulled people from everywhere else in the store and threw them into SFS with little training. There's this one girl from Softlines that they had picking, and she started working in SFS on Monday. During my Wednesday shift, I had to explain to her that when you finish picking your cart you have to actually tie it down to one of the printers. So for those two previous shifts she had just been picking the items, putting the cart by the packing stations, and continued picking items into a new cart without tying it down. So when she came to me on Wednesday she was complaining that the PDA wouldn't let her scan the item she picked into a location, and that it kept telling her to scan a child location of the cart she had been using before. Then during my Thanksgiving day shift, when her shift was over she just left her half-picked cart and PDA stuffed down a random backroom aisle. When I asked her about it yesterday, she didn't see any problem with just leaving her cart there for someone else to deal with. Obviously, that is not okay because 1) Overnight will assume that it is backstock, even if it's in a SFS cart and 2) At least leave your cart by the ESFS area so it can be taken care of by the morning crew.

It's just so frustrating. We had the same problems. Throwing bodies at it arguably makes it worse.

The etls and stl had to pack today. It was so heavy, I got overtime with their ok, which is nice.

No more sfs shifts for me, but I still have to check in tomorrow on the team.

Oh that's the worst part. Instead of having even 1 of the 5 ETLs in the building, all of whom are SFS trained, help pick we just throw Sales Floor TMs at the problem without solving anything. Instead, the ETLs that aren't LOD either sit around in TSC texting or are working on "projects". My store's leadership is just pathetic.

Stl announced we were in the top 20 for the company yesterday in terms of orders. I pulled an 11-hour day, some folks did over 16. What a mess. I was asked to change my shift to close today and I'm fine with that. Need a chance to chill a little this morning.

On another note, are anyone else's ETLs clueless when it comes to SFS? Tried to explain parts of it to ETL-LOG and ETL-AP yesterday. Both are confused. I don't get it.

Wow I looked over at the flex area today.
they had about 15 red Teri carts filled waiting to be boxed up today. Etls were picking flex and they started to use shopping carts. The ups trailer was swapped out today Finally full to the max.

Packing went down today. They could pick, but not pack. Lasted about an hour and a half.

Decent day though. Team worked well when properly organized.

Yeah I heard there were technical issues with the printers and they didn't get much done at my store. I came in this morning to 70 batches, most of it from Sunday afternoon. We got it all picked by 2pm because new orders were coming in slowly for most of the day...but when I left at 3pm there were over 700 due tomorrow orders in the gun. Oh and we definitely aren't going to make the pack goal today.

We have 4 people here leaving in 50 minutes. 270 still to pack due today. 86 batches to pick for tomorrow and they're still dropping.

Just got word that there are currently 140+ SPUs to be picked. Here's hoping that my store planned for a few extra days of designated TMs to work on those..

Spu's were manageable.. SFS on the other hand. 400 to pack and 600 for tomorrow with a 1500 Max. Should be fun.

So at least it isn't just my store being run like a shit show. Throwing people who aren't trained or fast enough doesn't help us. We hit 1000 yesterday and it was so bad. There were 19 batches left with no one picking when I left. No one else is going to work on those either. Plus 224 orders for today. I was approved for OT... And I'm gonna have to stay today

Is there any way to pick multiple batches at once? I've had to help out in sfs the past few days and it seems so inefficient to have to pull a single batch at a time, move to the next one and have to walk back to where you've already been. Also, changing parent containers mid batch- is it possible?

Is there any way to pick multiple batches at once? I've had to help out in sfs the past few days and it seems so inefficient to have to pull a single batch at a time, move to the next one and have to walk back to where you've already been. Also, changing parent containers mid batch- is it possible?
I don't think there's any way to pull multiple batches at once, but to change the parent location, once you pick an item, instead of scanning the child location, hit the start new cart button

So glad that I'm not working for the next couple of days. Heard from a friend that it's so bad that we are starting to pick to carts.

You can pick more than one batch at a time if you have two PDAs but u need two different team members numbers... i do it all the time especially when one of my team members go to lunch... if u use the same team member number on both PDAs then it will kick u out of the batches when u pick every item... good thing is it remembers where u left off in a batch... bad part u have to hit item not found over again for the items u can't find.

Back