How is your guys pillow machine?? Last couple days it was getting caught when it came out so there was plastic rolled around this part. Also the stick that goes in the hole... That kept coming off. Anyone experiencing these problems and know of any fixes? Besides throwing the machine in the compacter?

How is your guys pillow machine?? Last couple days it was getting caught when it came out so there was plastic rolled around this part. Also the stick that goes in the hole... That kept coming off. Anyone experiencing these problems and know of any fixes? Besides throwing the machine in the compacter?
I would verify that it's not a defective roll, but other than that I don't know. Only issue we ever have is the belt snapping, so we keep a few extras on hand.

Is it the old machine with the small green display and analog dials, or the new machine with buttons a blue display?

Our pillow machine has been a trooper the last few weeks having to supply pillows for 3 pack stations.
I had a similar situation happen a few days ago and I had to clean the lower heat belt of melted plastic, it was two things: the heater was turned up to high and the pillow roll was too close to the side, which was preventing the machine freely grabbing and rolling the pillows.
I called the Pregis people, the number is on the side of the machine, the techs were patient and helpful with troubleshooting.

One bit of advice I got from the store I trained at was to get a back up (or 2) pillow machine
I haven't done so myself yet, since it doesn't come up on SAP. I'm guessing we might have to contact Pregis directly. Anybody else done this? I wonder how much they cost

One bit of advice I got from the store I trained at was to get a back up (or 2) pillow machine
I haven't done so myself yet, since it doesn't come up on SAP. I'm guessing we might have to contact Pregis directly. Anybody else done this? I wonder how much they cost

I wonder the same. Everytime I told my stl about getting another he said troubleshoot first. I should ask again to see if he agrees since over the last couple days he's called me back from picking to fix the machine 20 times a shift.

Another question for you guys? About how many packages would you guys say you pack an hour with two packers and one scanner?

Our problem is its not sealing the bags. When you press the bag, air easily comes out
Ours had that issue intermittently for a while. Throwing out the roll and starting a new one worked sometimes, but I'm not sure what we did to fix it permanently. We did change the belt a few months ago and the PMT took it apart to clean it and try to stop the constant squeaking noise.

Our problem is its not sealing the bags. When you press the bag, air easily comes out
The most likely culprit is the heat sealing element;the temperature may not be hot enough to make a good seal or it may have to be cleaned.

It would be nice, but a new machine is about 800 bucks and the used to be available on SAP but sadly no longer, curses spot!
If your machine can't be fixed, (there is a troubleshooting guide on workbench or call the Pregis people), then submit a my support and the spot now sends you a refurbished model. Then you have to send out the broken one within a week, if not your store gets charged the cost of the machine.

The most likely culprit is the heat sealing element;the temperature may not be hot enough to make a good seal or it may have to be cleaned.
Is there a way to turn up the heat or how to clean it by myself or do we need to call in a tech?

Is every store's pregis machine on a 35 second time lock? Is there any way around that?

Ours is locked, and we can't make any adjustments. Tried to do that day 1. I guess it arrived set to targets predetermined settings.
Have you tried calling the number on the machine to see if they can tell you how to change it? Or maybe the CSC? 35 seconds is not gonna help at all.

Yeah take all the shit off the shelves. So when my guests drive 10 miles to the store fight for a parking space get a cart. Then stroll through the store to buy what they want and see the shelf empty yell at me cause we don't have any left.

Example sfs took 11 iPad airs for 1 online order yesterday leaving zero left.

Does anyone else fulfill orders with the next size up item? Like of someone wanted an xs shirt you get a S or if someone wanted a 8 shoe you got an 8.5 if you couldn't find it?

Our LODs are pretty irrational and theyll make us look everwhere, then use the RFID scan and take a lap, then they will come do the same before they let us clear it. This usually takes up to 20 minutes looking for it before we can INF it. A lot of times it's easier to fulfil the item with the next size since we can barely get any other work done if we have to confirmed infs...

Does anyone else fulfill orders with the next size up item? Like of someone wanted an xs shirt you get a S or if someone wanted a 8 shoe you got an 8.5 if you couldn't find it?

Our LODs are pretty irrational and theyll make us look everwhere, then use the RFID scan and take a lap, then they will come do the same before they let us clear it. This usually takes up to 20 minutes looking for it before we can INF it. A lot of times it's easier to fulfil the item with the next size since we can barely get any other work done if we have to confirmed infs...

If this is something your store does often then your on-hands are going to be quite messed up. And I expect some sort of fulfillment metric that we don't see will be impacted. If anyone cares to track how many times the wrong thing gets sent out from the same store. We get yelled at enough from UPS because of accidentally broken items and we just direct them to corporate.

Um, no. For numerous reasons. First, that isn't what the guest ordered. Second, if the guest decides to return it (since you picked the wrong item), it causes a problem when returning the item because the one you picked isn't the one on the receipt. Third, it fucks up the OH counts because the system thinks you picked an 8 when you really picked an 8.5.

Example sfs took 11 iPad airs for 1 online order yesterday leaving zero left.

I totally understand your frustration, and I personally wouldn't authorize picking those because they are 100% going to a reseller. However, every time that I've asked the LOD, my ETL, or my TL they tell me to just fulfill the order even if it's clearing us out of a hot sale item. I imagine that it's the same for a lot of stores.

Back