We started the 30 min OPU deadline about 2 weeks ago and so far no limit on how many DPCI’s in a batch. I had a 28 item batch just 2 days ago
We have been using the 30 minute window for about 3 weeks and haven't had a big order, crossing fingers. Its just stupid to stop what you are doing for prenatal pills. There should be a minimum item limit for Opu.

We just got The new SFS carts.do they have to be labeled a certain way or using particular letters ?
It really does not make a difference at all especially when packing. They sent someone over to show us how to label which took all day but we didnt have to pick for a couple of days.

I’m actually a hardliners team leader and didn’t see anything. Maybe they sent it out to Logistic leaders only. Do you have a part number for those FF sticker rolls? Or a picture? I don’t think I’ve seen those I’ll have to jump on SAP. Thanks!
My STL forwarded the email to all our TLs. It was also in the 4th quarter fulfillment guide where they talked about the 30 minute pick time and 7 day holds. Not all communication is sent directly to you, and you’re typically expected to read workbench communication.

In other news, SFSTL and ETL-Log forgot to order supplies! Half a roll of pillows left and enough bale wire for two bales. 10 days until new shit gets here.

We ran out of a couple size boxes, and my TL asked, with attitude, if anyone had ordered supplies. I wanted so badly to respond with "isn't that your fucking job?" They keep switching around which TL is in charge of SFS, and none of them care about it or prioritize it.
I've just started going directly to the guy who does the orders for all departments myself and telling him what we need, since I can't count on any leader to actually do it.

I heard from a TL that theres going to be a new button on Pack'n'Ship 2.0? Theres a new one, IIRC, that we now hold packed orders at a holding location and print out the labels for holding. This is supposed to be some way that target.com guests can have a way to see where their package is?

Anyone got anymore info on this?

I like to sort pallets of boxes based on size, and it makes it much easier to prevent falls.

We just got The new SFS carts.do they have to be labeled a certain way or using particular letters ?
My store started calling them “cubs” since they are sorta like a cart and a tub had a baby. There’s also a million different kinds of carts and it’s just easier to keep track. me and another TM decided to put all of the cubs with either S or N so that when there are cubs in process or if we are ever missing one. we can say “oh hey this one is ours”. Our store only got about 14 of the new cubs. We also did not follow the example cub they gave us with only 14 hold locations. we have about 18, only because we are using one of the back walls of the first tier and second tier as a hold location. As long as the sliding median on the bottom as two. so one on each side. not too sure if that made sense or not.

To be fair I take whole casepacks if I know I'm packing.

In other news, SFSTL and ETL-Log forgot to order supplies! Half a roll of pillows left and enough bale wire for two bales. 10 days until new shit gets here.

Ask them to mysupport that shit and escalate to get rush shipping.

I just don't understand why each of the SFS tubs is labeled as two separate carts.
SFS Tubs are separate carts? s
Shouldn’t it be 1 parent with 18 or so child locations?

I’m actually a hardliners team leader and didn’t see anything. Maybe they sent it out to Logistic leaders only. Do you have a part number for those FF sticker rolls? Or a picture? I don’t think I’ve seen those I’ll have to jump on SAP. Thanks!
T0332.1 is for Flexible Fulfillment sticker rolls

SAP part numbers are
SF0400 small
SF0401 medium
SF0402 large
SF0403 x-large
@calimero
Thanks

Last edited:
SFS Tubs are separate carts? s
Shouldn’t it be 1 parent with 18 or so child locations?

T0332.1 is for Flexible Fulfillment sticker rolls

@calimero
Was the SAP in an email or workbench? MyComm removed the message about the shirts and workbench didn’t have anything about it.
We were told that each cart got labeled with two parent locations, like SHP PA and SHP QA on the same tub, for double batching I guess?

It’s suppose to be 1 parent and the 18 child locations. The directions on workbench under modernization and FF Refresh/Remodel.
The new carts come with the direction of two parent locations. We had someone from HQ when we first got the new carts and she set them up for us. I agree it’s a dumb idea but definitely the right way to do it.

The new carts come with the direction of two parent locations. We had someone from HQ when we first got the new carts and she set them up for us. I agree it’s a dumb idea but definitely the right way to do it.

I need to read the guide again because my memory is failing me right now BUT im sure the guide said to print the parent location and child locations twice. Instead of printing 2 different locations.
So in the end you'd end up with 2 parent locations but they'd be the same. So it would be SHPPA two times.
Because thats how we did it at our store.
But again my memory is failing me so there is a possibility im wrong. The fact that someone from HQ would do that makes me doubt myself.

How does it work when you guys pack? Does it take long having 2 different batches?

I need to read the guide again because my memory is failing me right now BUT im sure the guide said to print the parent location and child locations twice. Instead of printing 2 different locations.
So in the end you'd end up with 2 parent locations but they'd be the same. So it would be SHPPA two times.
But again my memory is failing me so there is a possibility im wrong. The fact that someone from HQ would do that makes me doubt myself.

How does it work when you guys pack? Does it take long having 2 different batches?
No you’re right that might have been it

I printed one parent one child . But I only use the child label that i have on the back of my name tag. That way I don’t look for carts . It would be shpp01 for example so I never use the parent label.

We have that so you can see the children regardless of which side you push.

We have that so you can see the children regardless of which side you push.

Some of ours are labeled so can hit the label from three different angles. I was not playing. and yes with two parents so you can doubled batch which you will need when carts are short.

So who's experimenting with the speed algorithm in the system. For packing it seems to be from the time you scan the child location until you scan the collate. I've tested a few by scanning a child location going to do something else, then coming back scanning the item and packing like normal. So if people grab and scan the collate as soon as it comes out of the printer they can get a speed listed of around 120-150 per hour. If you do the build the bottom of the box then scan the collate when your finished the speed appears to be 60-80 per hour.

If someone forgets to scan the box and it shows up as incomplete and someone else close it after the fact the "speed" goes down. I saw this happen with a new person who's speed went down by 1/3 well after they left the store because they had a bunch of collates they printed but didn't close.

It's the same with paused carts and it appears your name gets allocated to the "speed" even if you just check a batch so the speed of people just doing OPU and picking is low even if you can see their OPU speed was fast.

If someone leaves a cart paused overnight even if nothing was picked it looks to average out your times so you could be doing all backroom at 70+ items an hour and be asked to do a paused cart that will tank you down to 15 items an hour just because you logged in to finish the batch.

I redid all the flex Waco labels because they were so faded they didn’t scan and found room for four more and didn’t get so much as a thank you from anyone :(
A real thank you would have come if you did all that with the PDA! I’m just kidding but I could have cried the first time I printed hold locations with the mydevice..... went from an hour process to 5 minutes

A real thank you would have come if you did all that with the PDA! I’m just kidding but I could have cried the first time I printed hold locations with the mydevice..... went from an hour process to 5 minutes
Oh my dude I did do it on the pda. We didn’t have mywork 2 at the time. Re printed over 50 labels on PDA

Back