I just don’t think that you guys should be fake packing like that even if you only have one station and thousands of orders. If your store can not handle the volume that you are receiving without faking it then your SD needs to talk to your ops director the stress should not be falling on you (the team members). I understand that it is a little unavoidable to have more than you can really handle due to the pandemic being more welcoming to the digital guest but there are limits
My store was a pilot for the new printer months ago and we've done fake pack & sort after each print. Mostly during this situation, pre-covid heavy days as well, we bring out folding tables but the 1 pack table is fine for fake pack on a regular day. The SD, OPS Director and DSD actually did a walk beginning of May and said nothing when they walked by the pack station with the three tables of staged for packing. The SD and GM-ETL were entirely fine with us fake pack and sort.

Funny ours runs just fine, you got a lemon. Call it in, and call it in. constantly call it in. That is how you get it replaced. Every time it fucks up call it in.
I legitimately think it is just how it is, and as we learn to use it better, it works better. Honestly, I have no idea how it has been fairing recently as I am usually caught up in OPUs for most of the night (I am more than happy to do so instead of packing), but it seemed OK the last couple times I was using it. I had to fix it last time and it is relatively quickly done. Have you never had to fix your's at all?

My store was a pilot for the new printer months ago and we've done fake pack & sort after each print. Mostly during this situation, pre-covid heavy days as well, we bring out folding tables but the 1 pack table is fine for fake pack on a regular day. The SD, OPS Director and DSD actually did a walk beginning of May and said nothing when they walked by the pack station with the three tables of staged for packing. The SD and GM-ETL were entirely fine with us fake pack and sort.
This is absolutely how it just is for us and I'm sure a lot of other stores too. You start getting a huge load, and it's all you can do really. It has always been like that for us, though I love walking back down there and seeing everything packed. UPS doesn't come for us til near closing anyway. I don't think they even made it on time today.

I know back in the day, I was often the only one closing and would always have it packed by the end of my shift to ship for tomorrow plus OPUs. Now it is just too crazy in every aspect... Ok maybe not always but most of the time.

Last edited:
My TL: Why are INFs so high? Hmmm...style is high. I guess that's from quarantine.

Me: Yeah.

My TL: We're doing well in market and essentials. That's good.

Me: Yeah we never really have big problems there.

My TL: We're red in hardlines and home. Those are my areas. What's up with that?

Me: Dunno. It's a mystery. 🤔 :rolleyes:
Rant time!

Our INF is so high right now and my ETL keeps hounding me to get it down but like... we can’t find stuff that’s not there.

They don’t scan for outs/lows in any department, EVER, style doesn’t do their RFID, the hardlines/backroom suspect audit keeps rolling over, our shortage is incredibly high right now, guest service throws out empty packages without defecting them, sends out defective salvage & CRC without processing it, our BRLA is HORRIBLE (especially in market), people hide their push in random spots in the backroom/sales floor instead of pushing/backstocking it, style has 25 carts of reshop, we only have two RFID guns (thank god that fucking swim and shoe sale is over after today)

Give me the tools to do my job and I’ll do it! 🙄

My ETL:. You should print out your grids a few days in advance to verify coverage and fill in any holes.

Also my ETL:. I'm going to wait until you leave for the night, pull 3 of your openers for other stuff and not tell you. Then I'm going to freak out over getting OPU on time.

Me: :mad::mad:
Sounds about right.

Rant time!

Our INF is so high right now and my ETL keeps hounding me to get it down but like... we can’t find stuff that’s not there.

They don’t scan for outs/lows in any department, EVER, style doesn’t do their RFID, the hardlines/backroom suspect audit keeps rolling over, our shortage is incredibly high right now, guest service throws out empty packages without defecting them, sends out defective salvage & CRC without processing it, our BRLA is HORRIBLE (especially in market), people hide their push in random spots in the backroom/sales floor instead of pushing/backstocking it, style has 25 carts of reshop, we only have two RFID guns (thank god that fucking swim and shoe sale is over after today)

Give me the tools to do my job and I’ll do it! 🙄
2 RFID guns :oops: that’s it. Order some more they’re only $570 now and you don’t even need approval. Just add it to your next supplies order lol

My ETL:. You should print out your grids a few days in advance to verify coverage and fill in any holes.

Also my ETL:. I'm going to wait until you leave for the night, pull 3 of your openers for other stuff and not tell you. Then I'm going to freak out over getting OPU on time.

Me: :mad::mad:
And I thought my ETL was unique...😂

Meanwhile back at the ETL factory... 13C9797E-07D6-4029-AF71-11C1C9EA4A58.jpeg

My TL: Why are INFs so high? Hmmm...style is high. I guess that's from quarantine.

Me: Yeah.

My TL: We're doing well in market and essentials. That's good.

Me: Yeah we never really have big problems there.

My TL: We're red in hardlines and home. Those are my areas. What's up with that?

Me: Dunno. It's a mystery. 🤔 :rolleyes:

That was literally the conversation I had my with my new TL today and the same area's. Which are my former idiot TL's areas.

That’s what my store calls it when we have to beat deadline if we are close to missing it. “Staging“ the cart to actually pack later.
My SD would rather miss goal than stage carts .
Per him , if we can’t handle it , we simply can’t ! Why ask for more orders if we can’t finish on time !
then it’s snowballs like crazy !
we are 3 pack stations , and pack roughly 3000 units a day .
the team ranges from 25 to 30 TMs a day . Plus when needed SD or etl will tell TLs to jump in !

Anybody heard anything about COVID priority batches starting on Tuesday? My ETL just said they are starting tomorrow but we don't know how they will be signified - perhaps like Rush batches?

Back