The point is the neater the zone and the fuller the shelves, the less time SFS/OPU needs to find the stuff. And it's not an hour here is one hour less there, one person pushing/reshop/zoning is going to save a bunch of flex hours. By gutting sales floor really badly to give so many to SFS/OPU, the people scheduling are shooting themselves in the foot because they've artificially raised the total store hours needed to make the store function.

Nothing in the communication about shrinking batches. Just that the time for each order is going down.

250 OPU's and still dropping hot and heavy and you have a kid who is fucking brain dead picking ship alone batches that are due on Monday??? WTF!!!!!!! Then you are so concerned with who has what cart so you can sit in your fucking office screaming that goal times are alerting.. Well miss ETL four people can not keep up with it, two of them are in their first week. Either we start INF'ing some of this unlocated Seasonal or you are going to blow goal times.. We can't be spending an hour searching pallets of crap for things each and every batch and still make goal times.. And to top it all off, yeah when you pull two of those people for training as others are going to lunch is going to result in NO ONE pulling OPUs for close to an hour.. And you then wonder why no one is picking?? Ummmmm. So 250 grew to over 300..

How was your Saturday? You thought it was bad.

Walk in Sunday morning. You get a text there were two Covid cases and you have 500 OPU's and there are two of you until 10am..

250 OPU's and still dropping hot and heavy and you have a kid who is fucking brain dead picking ship alone batches that are due on Monday??? WTF!!!!!!! Then you are so concerned with who has what cart so you can sit in your fucking office screaming that goal times are alerting.. Well miss ETL four people can not keep up with it, two of them are in their first week. Either we start INF'ing some of this unlocated Seasonal or you are going to blow goal times.. We can't be spending an hour searching pallets of crap for things each and every batch and still make goal times.. And to top it all off, yeah when you pull two of those people for training as others are going to lunch is going to result in NO ONE pulling OPUs for close to an hour.. And you then wonder why no one is picking?? Ummmmm. So 250 grew to over 300..

How was your Saturday? You thought it was bad.

Walk in Sunday morning. You get a text there were two Covid cases and you have 500 OPU's and there are two of you until 10am..

I feel your pain. I checked our OPU forecast this morning. 1,800 for the day. OK. Not too bad. At noon we were already at 1,400 between picked and pending. It was a shitshow. We were getting a new batch of 23 drop in every 10-15 minutes all morning. And, that's not even considering the grocery orders. Naturally, we were scheduled for closer to a 1,000 unit day.

The point is the neater the zone and the fuller the shelves, the less time SFS/OPU needs to find the stuff. And it's not an hour here is one hour less there, one person pushing/reshop/zoning is going to save a bunch of flex hours. By gutting sales floor really badly to give so many to SFS/OPU, the people scheduling are shooting themselves in the foot because they've artificially raised the total store hours needed to make the store function.

I have to be honest. At my store, style doesn't need more hours to get there work done. They just need to not spend one-third of their day chatting at the fitting room. ASANTS, of course.

At my store, style helps out flex a lot.

My style team is interesting in that regard. They are good at helping out the new people. But, most of our experienced flex people are better at finding style items than our style TMs. I know this because when style gets called into OPUs, their INFs in style are not good. I tell flex to ask style about things, but grab an RFID and verify for yourself.

My style team liked to complain about folds from our sort team off the truck so they gave the style team members the hours and now style is behind all the time. Our problem wasnt the sort team it was half of our style team didnt give a shit about getting there work done. Didnt help that we hadnt had a specialty etl in over 6 months and we lost one of our style team leads.

My style team is interesting in that regard. They are good at helping out the new people. But, most of our experienced flex people are better at finding style items than our style TMs. I know this because when style gets called into OPUs, their INFs in style are not good. I tell flex to ask style about things, but grab an RFID and verify for yourself.
Correction: our style helps pulling flex orders

I feel your pain. I checked our OPU forecast this morning. 1,800 for the day. OK. Not too bad. At noon we were already at 1,400 between picked and pending. It was a shitshow. We were getting a new batch of 23 drop in every 10-15 minutes all morning. And, that's not even considering the grocery orders. Naturally, we were scheduled for closer to a 1,000 unit day.

Same ETL same micromanagement. Wonders why goal times are being blown left and right. Well when the governor just announced new stay at home orders since Covid cases are exploding and that made everyone panic buy. Store is slammed orders are dropping like its black Friday, One person doing nothing but grocery and can't keep up we have stolen everyone not on a check lane there is no one left on the sales floor at all.. And this ETL is still bitching we are missing goal times..

Miss ETL I know why no one is wanting to come in and help.. you are the main reason.

And this ETL is still bitching we are missing goal times..

Miss ETL I know why no one is wanting to come in and help.. you are the main reason.
Reminds me of an old ETL we had before timers were put on in-progress batches and when goal times were 30min...i.e., the dark ages.

It was the busiest day of the year for OPU, everyone across the store is all hands on deck, goal times are ticking down to nothing and we're all scrambling. ETL calls out to ask who's in the batch that's about to hit goaltime...and I promptly walkie out "no one knows what batch they're in anymore, we're moving as fast as we can!". She went quiet after that lol.

Now it's different with in-batch timers and longer goaltimes. But still it can get just as chaotic and draining, at times. Though if we ever sink back to 30min goaltimes for whatever reason I will promptly start sobbing. Never again, satan.

Same ETL same micromanagement. Wonders why goal times are being blown left and right. Well when the governor just announced new stay at home orders since Covid cases are exploding and that made everyone panic buy. Store is slammed orders are dropping like its black Friday, One person doing nothing but grocery and can't keep up we have stolen everyone not on a check lane there is no one left on the sales floor at all.. And this ETL is still bitching we are missing goal times..

At least your ETL is paying attention.

Me at 10:15 this morning: ETL, we have 350 in the gun. 200 have dropped in the last hour. We need help!

*crickets*

Me having picked another batch at 10:40: ETL, we're really desperate for help! There are 430 in the gun and we have 2 people picking.

ETL: I need one volunteer to pick a fulfillment batch!

Me: *Facepalm*

At least your ETL is paying attention.

Me at 10:15 this morning: ETL, we have 350 in the gun. 200 have dropped in the last hour. We need help!

*crickets*

Me having picked another batch at 10:40: ETL, we're really desperate for help! There are 430 in the gun and we have 2 people picking.

ETL: I need one volunteer to pick a fulfillment batch!

Me: *Facepalm*
Controlling is more like it. I will call if I need help. You don't need to be on the radio every 15min going through all the people picking asking how long its going to take and why aren't you working faster.. I shit you not.

It’s interesting how it varies from store to store. At my store, the fulfillment TL practically begs for specific style TMs to do OPUs because in general they have higher productivity and lower INFs than the actual fulfillment TMs

It’s interesting how it varies from store to store. At my store, the fulfillment TL practically begs for specific style TMs to do OPUs because in general they have higher productivity and lower INFs than the actual fulfillment TMs

Yeah no. our INF is less than half of what style peeps do..

Yeah, we have one style TM that my TL loved. Everytime she hopped in, she went fast and her INFs were good. So with style hours dropping like a rock this summer, the store started giving her some fulfillment shifts. What do you think happened? Well, her productivity dropped (it wasn't bad though) and her INFs moved from green to yellow.

Just goes to show anything can happen in small sample sizes.

Everybody else is shipping out insane amounts of christmas trees right? Cause over the weekend I picked about 4 pallets worth of trees alone. It's insane and it pretty much cleared out our entire stock of the popular trees already.
I did six pallets worth one night, I was honestly shocked we had enough trees to even fulfill most of those.

For those that got the finger scanners, did you guys get multiple boxes?. We got one big box with scanners, batteries,charger, cable to plug into charger, cable to plug into outlet. Nothing to connect charger cable to outlet cable.

For those that got the finger scanners, did you guys get multiple boxes?. We got one big box with scanners, batteries,charger, cable to plug into charger, cable to plug into outlet. Nothing to connect charger cable to outlet cable.
We got it all on one big box, enough for seven scanners. Should be small.box for each converter that couples the two cables.

We got the wrong cable with ours but yeah just one box

We got it all on one big box, enough for seven scanners. Should be small.box for each converter that couples the two cables.
Got it... Didn't spend to much time looking...I thought it was like the brick for zebra so I was looking for a big box... I'll check it out when I get back.

Back