My feet hurt so much more now that I have to do more trips around the store. I'm so exhausted šŸ˜­

Invest in some excellent inserts. Look up reviews, get suggestions, donā€™t skimp on them because your feet will be very happy, as will your back and legs eventually. My feet were absolutely shot, felt like walking on knives, until I got some insets based on reviews and suggestions from the kind people here

We were only about 70% picked on time for opus yesterday. My etl didnt even know about the goal time change. /smh
šŸ˜§ yikes we missed one goal the first day and have been 100% since. I had a couple of close calls but only because i had some non sfs tms that "didnt know" they had to take grocery batches too even though i made sure they knew that in the beginning of their shift. Its not like they havent done them before either so idk why they wouldnt do them.

Someone on Reddit said that batches sizes are now limited to 3 orders. Thinking back to this morning that seems true. I'll pay attention tomorrow.

In any event, I kind of like the smaller batches. Reminded me of the old days when I took just one. Fewer random things to screw up pathing. Much easier to skip through things when I felt like it too. My productivity was still over 50 UPH. On the other hand, everytime I combined batches, they ended being shitty and I wanted to jab a screwdriver through my temple. I'm going to have to play around and figure out what I like best.

I believe I have this figured out. Batches are limited to 3 orders, but they'll never go over 14 DPCIs. Picking one batch at a time seems pretty efficient as most people order similar things. You're less likely to get randomly bounced all over the store. It's also a much faster putting to hold process. Splitting batches by orders makes more sense than splitting by DPCIs only most of the time. Grocery orders still work the same as they did before.

I don't think I'd suggest always doing just one batch at a time, but it's more efficient than you might think at first. TMs who have a tendency to go slowly should be kicked out of fulfillment are probably going to need to pick more than one at once.

I love the new pick time 90 mins this is my calling. My store is the highest volume in district as well. It used to be 30mins so this doesnā€™t faze me at all. Slow TMs need to be performances out imo but with the whole COVID shyt they probably need all the bodies plus as usual hours cut for all Leaderships bonuses. Sales already high above comp so all good.

Is anyone's team avoiding grocery opu as much as possible or is it just my store?

Just your store. We have to bitch at TMs who take grocery batches instead of regular. Our grocery INFs run at less than 2% with shitloads of multiple eaches, so TMs who just care about their own metrics instead of the store grab them out of order instead of doing regular. We have an incredible F&B TL who has bent over backwards to make grocery OPUs work. If we INF something in Market, it's vendor shit 90% of the time.

Is anyone's team avoiding grocery opu as much as possible or is it just my store?
My team does as well, I donā€™t get why itā€™s super easy. Only complaint I get is that they canā€™t pick multiples of grocery like they can standard opu, but grocery is knocked out quickly enough that it shouldnā€™t really matter imo.

The whine is that "I don't want to go in the freezer, it's cold."

I hate going into the freezer. I need my glasses to see what I'm doing, but if I put them on in there then they fog up continuosly for the next few minutes. But, I have to go in the freezer maybe, maybe once or twice a shift, so that's hardly going to put me off doing the garunteed easist batches possible.

I'll take foggy glasses over wandering around seasonal looking for ornaments or picking 5 different styles of bras all day, every day. I mean, family pajamas or being cold for a minute to grab a loaf of french bread? Easy choice.

Why are you going so slow and have such INFs?? Uh probably because thereā€™s much more than supposed max capacity ā€œguestsā€ here asking me fifty billion questions, a huge mess of literally everything slung around everywhere on the floor AND in the back that either causes you to be slow or not find it at all, and probably because quite honestly Iā€™m running out of effs to give

Today was a stressful day for me . I am not fulfillment Tm but I use to support grocery opus and have done some non food opus too. But today I was asked to pickup 2 batches each time everything less than 45 min . I was running around like crazy . I have less knowledge in soft line locations in the floor and had hard time finding things . I tried my best and the final batch I did today had 1 sec left to be red . So dramatic . I felt itā€™s so unfair to schedule less FF TMs and make us do the job .

Back