Has anybody else noticed an issue where if multiple of the same dpci are put to hold in the same location and the order is cancelled that it only has you rts 1 of the dpci and not all of them. Recently cleaned out our pickup hold space to give us more room and remove 2 month old orders and I came across this like 5 or 6 times and its happened when I've done rts myself. The pickup app says that all of them were cancelled but epick will only have you remove one and leave the rest there. I noticed this last year and put in a mysupport for it and it was never fixed I think since I did rts a week ago and it happened with 6 cases of water.

Has anybody else noticed an issue where if multiple of the same dpci are put to hold in the same location and the order is cancelled that it only has you rts 1 of the dpci and not all of them. Recently cleaned out our pickup hold space to give us more room and remove 2 month old orders and I came across this like 5 or 6 times and its happened when I've done rts myself. The pickup app says that all of them were cancelled but epick will only have you remove one and leave the rest there. I noticed this last year and put in a mysupport for it and it was never fixed I think since I did rts a week ago and it happened with 6 cases of water.

Yes. It's been that way for a long time.

My work is only allowing me to create new labels for example if I want a label for shppg18 I have to print out 1-18. How would I go about creating just shppg18?
when you get to backroom location management just scan the tag and it will print off that don't click into anything else

when you get to backroom location management just scan the tag and it will print off that don't click into anything else

You can also search and manually type in any cart number. SHPAA, print, then key SHPAA01 print. And so on.. If you truly used them all basically anything you key in should print. I keep a couple in my pocket to use when I pick OPU's while I am picking a ship batch. I don't have to swap physical carts cause usually it's a very short timed batch and I don't have time to hunt down an empty cart.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am about this. We're going to have to make sure every single vehicle in the store is labeled (down to Style metros, which I've had to use before when the pandemic began and we were drowning).

And if we can't copy/paste/type in subcarts, YIKES. We'll need a parent AND child label on every single vehicle. And then, because my brain won't stop, another scenario popped into my mind: We've all scanned into an OPU cart before realizing we need a flatbed. We can't reset the cart anymore, so we're scanned into, say, SHPZA, but we have to use an unlabeled flatbed. We'll have to have at least one subcart barcode for SHPZA available independent of the cart, or else you'll be dragging around a flatbed AND the cart to keep scanning into. Man, I hope I'm jist catastrophically thinking and not predicting the future! 😄 😣

My impression is that they're simply removing the 'no cart tied' button from the main epick screen, so you can't enter a cart BEFORE starting a batch. So if you selected a batch and hit start task, you should still be able to type in any cart you want like you can now.

My impression is that they're simply removing the 'no cart tied' button from the main epick screen, so you can't enter a cart BEFORE starting a batch. So if you selected a batch and hit start task, you should still be able to type in any cart you want like you can now.
Well, that shouldn't affect much then because no one does that, but what about hitting 'no cart tied' and just scanning back into your cart. That is actually pretty convenient.

Well, that shouldn't affect much then because no one does that, but what about hitting 'no cart tied' and just scanning back into your cart. That is actually pretty convenient.
The communication said you'll be able to select a cart from the list to scan into it if it was the same TM who started it, so that shouldn't be an issue.
My region doesn't get the update until May 3, so I'm just speculating rn

The communication said you'll be able to select a cart from the list to scan into it if it was the same TM who started it, so that shouldn't be an issue.
My region doesn't get the update until May 3, so I'm just speculating rn
Well, we'll see. Seems like they update the apps every couple of days and it always comes as a surprise when something drastic is changed.

I love how much flexibility we have with grocery opus now.

Baby food items in the batch? Maybe I can skip and get them last in the way to the front. Nope, have to pull all the dry items first. Have fun walking to the other side of the store and then back to the other side for your cooler items.

Have a single frozen item you can't find? Maybe I can skip and check the back after I pull whats on the floor. Nope, have to find or cancel all frozen items before moving to the coolers .

I mean, I understand why because of minimizing time out of temp and enough people lack the common sense to understand that. But having absolutely no flexibility sucks.

FYI on a change in the new ePick that was not in the communication.

If multiple OPU batches are due at the same time, they are no longer listed in the order that the orders were received. Now, for example, all of the orders in Pickup 3 might have been received before all of the orders in Pickup 1. The order of the batches is completely random, as long as they are due at the same time. It actually changes everytime that ePick is refreshed. Additionally, every TM will see a different order of batches in the queue.

Obviously, this is only really noticeable for those OPU batches that come in between the nightly cutoff and opening time the next morning. So, if you're monitoring the queue and it looks like a TM is picking out of order before store open, in reality they might not be because their order of batches is different than yours. IMO, it's now silly to pick "in order" when you don't know which orders came in first. OPU TMs should mix and match at this point to get a good cart size and get multiple eaches out of the way in case they end up being problematic.

Back