Today I matched my pick units and productivity to be the same as my peer it was interesting how big of a difference compared to when I was going above beyond everyday. Now that they say I’m just meeting expectations I’ll show them whatsup.

FYI on a change in the new ePick that was not in the communication.

If multiple OPU batches are due at the same time, they are no longer listed in the order that the orders were received. Now, for example, all of the orders in Pickup 3 might have been received before all of the orders in Pickup 1. The order of the batches is completely random, as long as they are due at the same time. It actually changes everytime that ePick is refreshed. Additionally, every TM will see a different order of batches in the queue.

Obviously, this is only really noticeable for those OPU batches that come in between the nightly cutoff and opening time the next morning. So, if you're monitoring the queue and it looks like a TM is picking out of order before store open, in reality they might not be because their order of batches is different than yours. IMO, it's now silly to pick "in order" when you don't know which orders came in first. OPU TMs should mix and match at this point to get a good cart size and get multiple eaches out of the way in case they end up being problematic.
🤦‍♀️They're gonna drive us into the ground with that

Today I matched my pick units and productivity to be the same as my peer it was interesting how big of a difference compared to when I was going above beyond everyday. Now that they say I’m just meeting expectations I’ll show them whatsup.
That is exactly the way I feel after my review. A DIO after years of DEO and I have never worked so hard or so many hours as I did last year. We are changing TLs right now and although I know the decision to give me a DIO was probably above my current TL's head, I will not be over performing for our new TL. I am not killing myself anymore for what amounted to a 30 cent an hour raise. It is an insult.

That is exactly the way I feel after my review. A DIO after years of DEO and I have never worked so hard or so many hours as I did last year. We are changing TLs right now and although I know the decision to give me a DIO was probably above my current TL's head, I will not be over performing for our new TL. I am not killing myself anymore for what amounted to a 30 cent an hour raise. It is an insult.
We all feel the same way here. Sweating enough for the 3 person job we do every day while leadership plays musical office chairs in tsc and barking over the walkie ,"team, whos got that call button"

Nothing in my entire time at this job has demoralized me as badly as this year's review. Get chosen as a fulfillment captain, have one of the highest pick and pack rates on greenfield for the past entire year, listen to my TL tell me how great/hard-working/indispensable I am for 15 minutes, then go to acknowledge it on Workday and bam DIO. Am I supposed to be happy that I'm getting the exact same raise as some of the worst slackers on my team after busting my ass through all of this? I don't even get a DEO or 30 fucking hours for being worthy of all this extra responsibility? Come tf on

Why the fuck did Target decide it was a good idea to update epick not only while stores are still open, but around 8:30 causing us to have late units because epick was showing no work available but we were still getting orders. I searched workbench and there was no communication about it and I lost a whole hour on the phone with csc to see what the heck was going on

Why the fuck did Target decide it was a good idea to update epick not only while stores are still open, but around 8:30 causing us to have late units because epick was showing no work available but we were still getting orders. I searched workbench and there was no communication about it and I lost a whole hour on the phone with csc to see what the heck was going on
Comm was sent in myDay, Workbench, and to ETLs that new work wouldn't be available until all current work was completed

My store didn’t get the update. Csc has no clue. They did leave a cart paused overnight, which is hilarious because they never do that.

We all feel the same way here. Sweating enough for the 3 person job we do every day while leadership plays musical office chairs in tsc and barking over the walkie ,"team, whos got that call button"
Please - no hate comments for this:

Cut them some slack - they are doing their job - those TL are doing what they are told to do : make sure it gets done WITHOUT doing it.
Advancements go to those that DO nothing, spend ALL time sitting in chairs, making sure everything GETS done.
If you’re busting your Asz you should be a TM not a TL .
TL are TOLD : if you are TASKING - you are NOT doing your job - you are doing a TM’s job ! Seriously.
Please don’t criticize too much because they are doing as the MUST, Even though you think it is unfair, everyone needs to fulfill their OWN role.
So... if you would rather LEAD than DO - look for a TL position.
‘In EVERY field there are many that WORK and a few that WATCH - but that IS their job - to OVERSEE (Not do).

Please don’t take this FACT out on me with hateful/negative comments for explaining the truth.

let me add - we DO have some TL and ETL that DO NOTHING - they DON’T work, don’t lead, don’t oversee and don’t watch - that is NOT what I am condoning.
‘If your TL/ETL is not :
1. making you a better TM or
2. making sure the work gets completed or
3. solving problems or
4. Delegating or
5. Validating that work is completed correctly
Then yes, you are correct, they are terrible at their job. But the fact that they are not sweating - THAT doesn’t make them terrible.

Last edited:

Cut them some slack - they are doing their job - those TL are doing what they are told to do : make sure it gets done WITHOUT doing it.
Advancements go to those that DO nothing, spend ALL time sitting in chairs, making sure everything GETS done.
TL are TOLD : if you are TASKING - you are NOT doing your job - you are doing a TM’s job ! Seriously.
Please don’t criticize too much because they are doing as the MUST, Even though you think it is unfair, everyone needs to fulfill their OWN role.
‘In EVERY field there are many that WORK and a few that WATCH - but that IS their job - to OVERSEE (Not do).

Please don’t take this FACT out on me with hateful/negative comments for explaining the truth.

let me add - we DO have some TL and ETL that DO NOTHING - they DON’T work, don’t lead, don’t oversee and don’t watch - that is NOT what I am condoning.
‘If your TL/ETL is not :
3. solving problems or
4. Delegating or
Then yes, you are correct, they are terrible at their job. But the fact that they are not sweating - THAT doesn’t make them terrible.
For the most part, I support this with regard to salaried managers. But I'm of the firm belief that an hourly manager's job should be roughly one-third leadership duties and two-thirds hands-on tasks. Fifty-fifty at the most. No way should they be spending the bulk of their day sitting in a chair.

Using Style as an example, there is way too much to do for the amount of hours we are given. There are areas that almost always have a TM scheduled for part of the day, and there are areas that never have coverage. Either the TL picks up the slack or those areas look like crap continuously. There is just no way my TL could not task. Style would look like it had been stripped by locusts and what was left got tossed around in a hurricane. Hell, we often don't look much better than that as it is, never mind if the TL didn't task.

‘If your TL/ETL is not :
3. solving problems or
4. Delegating or
Yes - the "let's pay people more for them to not do work" strategy.
I'm of the firm belief that an hourly manager's job should be roughly one-third leadership duties and two-thirds hands-on tasks. Fifty-fifty at the most.
This is how it should be, and this is how most TLs operate at my store. The ones that operate this way, have garnered the most respect from the team. Those TLs are the ones we'll go fight for. The ones that don't get heavily criticized and a lot of TMs are less likely to help those TLs out when they ask for help.

We’ve noticed that the OPU sounds are now missing with the new Epick update. We’ve made sure we are logged in as Fulfillment. Anyone know any troubleshooting for this or if this a universal problem?

This. Anyone from a corporate POV have an answer? This would be very helpful, especially when we need to pull in TMs from other areas to help pick!
My store has had this update for about a month and a half because we were a "test" store. The update will come to Ship from Store later this year. They wanted to roll it out on OPU first and work out all the kinks before updating SFS as well.

According to the email they sent to us "test" stores.

My store has had this update for about a month and a half because we were a "test" store. The update will come to Ship from Store later this year. They wanted to roll it out on OPU first and work out all the kinks before updating SFS as well.

According to the email they sent to us "test" stores.
Let’s be honest.. the whole Corp is Target’s test stores.. clearly we are all still beta testing it.

We’ve noticed that the OPU sounds are now missing with the new Epick update. We’ve made sure we are logged in as Fulfillment. Anyone know any troubleshooting for this or if this a universal problem?
I’m convinced every other MyDay update just absolutely breaks OPU alerts because there are days when they don’t work on some devices and some days when they work on all.

Did they roll back the grocery pickup changes? I noticed we’ve been able to skip around again, not having to pick all of Dry before moving onto everything else.

Our fulfillment alerts no longer come in for each order, they seemed to be batched and the notification will say "3 new SPU orders". We got the update this past monday and our grocery batches let us skip around

I’m convinced every other MyDay update just absolutely breaks OPU alerts because there are days when they don’t work on some devices and some days when they work on all.

Did they roll back the grocery pickup changes? I noticed we’ve been able to skip around again, not having to pick all of Dry before moving onto everything else.

Our fulfillment alerts no longer come in for each order, they seemed to be batched and the notification will say "3 new SPU orders". We got the update this past monday and our grocery batches let us skip around

Every day when I log in, I change my alerts from Fulfillment to something else, hit Save and then change them back to Fulfillment and that usually works. The little notification does still say "3 new SPU orders," but I do get audible alerts for every one of those three. Super fun to have to find workarounds to do our job!

I'm amazed that anyone would want OPU alerts. They go off constantly when I forget to sign into a different work center. They're worse than Honk Honks.
Agree with this. We're consistently busy enough alerts don't do much except become an annoyance lol.

Back in the day when you could go about your business pushing truck, zoning random aisles, or whatever else between batches notifications were a must. But now I can open epick and be met with a handful of carts to do at any given time so what are the notifs supposed to remind me of?

Back