You'd think Target would have a system in place for stuff like this. Kind of like an audit but for things that haven't sold in X amount of weeks or been received in longer. If a list was generated of all items that haven't been received or sold in, say, one month we could then at the store level say "yes it's here maybe this location doesn't need to sell it anymore" or "no it's not here and that's why it hasn't sold". It'd cut down on infs and allow for a better rotation of products.
I've had a similar wish/hope. I've lost track of the number of times I've been sent to the floor for something and not found it, only to see the last time it sold was months ago, had no recent delivery date and yet we had "10 on hand" (or some such lowish #), with some # also on the floor.

I think my record was an item that was last sold 1000+ days prior to someone ordering it online for an OPU, no recent delivery and nothing located in back. Interestingly enough I did find it on the sales floor (thank goodness for RFID tags.....).

The market team lead at my store did work at another chain where there was such a report generated for things that hadn't sold in some length of time, I think it's something like 4 or 6 weeks, so someone can try and track down why items on the list haven't sold.

I've had a similar wish/hope. I've lost track of the number of times I've been sent to the floor for something and not found it, only to see the last time it sold was months ago, had no recent delivery date and yet we had "10 on hand" (or some such lowish #), with some # also on the floor.

I think my record was an item that was last sold 1000+ days prior to someone ordering it online for an OPU, no recent delivery and nothing located in back. Interestingly enough I did find it on the sales floor (thank goodness for RFID tags.....).

The market team lead at my store did work at another chain where there was such a report generated for things that hadn't sold in some length of time, I think it's something like 4 or 6 weeks, so someone can try and track down why items on the list haven't sold.
My record was a movie last sold 800 some odd days ago, and -2 OH

Does anyone know if the Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards slated for release on the 5th are online only again? Didn't see anything online in the weekly ad like last time.

My record was a movie last sold 800 some odd days ago, and -2 OH
In the past year and a half I've had to inf the same game of thrones dvd set like 10+ times and it always said -2 OH. Since you can't audit vendor stuff I tried to mysupport it every time it popped up and I always got nothing back.

Who else is seeing SFS orders dropping lighter in the early part of the day and then a lot more dropping hourly between 2pm-9pm? Unfortunately, this is the inverse of how we staff Fulfillment. For the last year and a half we have had the majority of TMs work early and mid shifts with a smaller closing team. This new method of sending SFS orders has thrown everyone for a loop and caused us to miss store close numbers several days this week. Just love getting the bulk of our forecast as most of our TMs are winding up their shifts. Our ETL, who hates carryover with a passion, has been really unhappy.

Who else is seeing SFS orders dropping lighter in the early part of the day and then a lot more dropping hourly between 2pm-9pm? Unfortunately, this is the inverse of how we staff Fulfillment. For the last year and a half we have had the majority of TMs work early and mid shifts with a smaller closing team. This new method of sending SFS orders has thrown everyone for a loop and caused us to miss store close numbers several days this week. Just love getting the bulk of our forecast as most of our TMs are winding up their shifts. Our ETL, who hates carryover with a passion, has been really unhappy.

Our store has had weird drops. The day is overly manageable in terms of SFS and all of us on the floor never get called early. However a couple hundred more usually drop by noon and we'll get called then to help. A friend of mine works mostly evenings and they NEVER get called to help (we're so bare bones for staff in the evenings still) and they've been getting called lately to help with the evening drops so there isn't as much to carryover. She said that at 8pm last night there were already 600 for the next day. I'm honestly dreading going in.

How are your seasonal TMs?
I think we scraped the bottom of the barrel this year.
out of 17, only 2 are really working.
a few are making their own schedule, and show up whenever they feel like it.
they spend their time in the bathroom, leave unannounced with paused carts, their carts are left anywhere in the backroom.
15 mn break? More like an hr, and they never answer their walkie!
Retention is a huge deal in my store, and therefore we can’t even say boo to them!
we are way understaffed all around the store,I am working 13 days in a row, 15 hr a day.
ETL/SD are also picking / packing.

How are your seasonal TMs?
I think we scraped the bottom of the barrel this year.
out of 17, only 2 are really working.
a few are making their own schedule, and show up whenever they feel like it.
they spend their time in the bathroom, leave unannounced with paused carts, their carts are left anywhere in the backroom.
15 mn break? More like an hr, and they never answer their walkie!
Retention is a huge deal in my store, and therefore we can’t even say boo to them!
we are way understaffed all around the store,I am working 13 days in a row, 15 hr a day.
ETL/SD are also picking / packing.
You must be an executive lead if you are working 15 hour per day. Sorry to heart that.

I have been training some of our seasonal TMs and my experience has been the same. Each seasonal seems to be worth about 25% of a normal TM at best. When I look at MPM and greenfield numbers, that's their productivity and output, never mind the errors that metrics do not show (wrong shipping labels on packages, bagged OPUs incorrectly, disorganized SFS carts, put cooler & freezer items into dry storage, fake picks, destroying the backroom). I've tried helping them correct their mistakes but they continue to repeat them. They're getting paid same for doing a lot less.

Bigger problem is their attitude. Late, constantly calling out especially claiming that they think they have Covid, long breaks, refusing to respond to radio, ghosting away, leaving early without telling anyone. Even worse, I don't see any improvements over time. Target's hiring process needs to be better and stop hiring these adult-children.

This will be last holiday season with Target now that I have couple job offers once I finish my degree next year.

Last edited:
Bigger problem is their attitude. Late, constantly calling out especially claiming that they think they have Covid, long breaks, refusing to respond to radio, ghosting away, leaving early without telling anyone. Even worse, I don't see any improvements over time. Target's hiring process needs to be better and stop hiring these adult-children.
This. The attitude on some of these kids his horrendous. I have a couple who will show up hours late and then peace out exactly at their scheduled out time. Some others have taken to subbing items, or scanning each item into one sub container and tossing them anywhere on the cart which makes packing horrendous.

Then there's just the fact that the majority of my hires this year are actual children. So more than half my team can only work evenings and weekends...and the closing lead gives 0 flips about infs or fulfillment just in general.
So, our inf and pick on time are consistently red.
And, we're the worst in the district.
And all the leads shrug and blame us while they let the seasonals get away with murder.

How has everyone been handling ship alones? It's the only thing we have been struggling with. On the average day, I have 3/4 people working on them. Average forecast this week has been 3500 and we're averaging at least 300-400 ship alones.

That's crazy and I thought picking 50 was a lot 😆. I pick those first thing so they are out of the way. I wish the items you have to box up would be part of standard and ship alones really were ship alones.

How has everyone been handling ship alones? It's the only thing we have been struggling with. On the average day, I have 3/4 people working on them. Average forecast this week has been 3500 and we're averaging at least 300-400 ship alones.
We pick our ship alones overnight and pack them and put it in our trailer before it gets too crazy

Our ship alones have been terrible. They called an all hands on deck to pull ship alones and when I went home they still weren't done. This is INSANE. We were forecasted over 10k and got about 9 of that.

Has anybody else had trouble getting drop trailers for Fedex? We were supposed to get one this week and our receiver and etl has tried to get any sort of communication about it and they've heard nothing. I left yesterday and we had 12 pallets at 10 am and literally nowhere else to store our stuff since the rest of the backroom is taken up by unpushed freight

Has anybody else had trouble getting drop trailers for Fedex? We were supposed to get one this week and our receiver and etl has tried to get any sort of communication about it and they've heard nothing. I left yesterday and we had 12 pallets at 10 am and literally nowhere else to store our stuff since the rest of the backroom is taken up by unpushed freight
I know my TL has been working with district ops on getting one, but I have no idea how long that takes. It can't come soon enough

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in ages, but I'm in a few FB groups so I keep up with Target. I hope all of you are hanging in there and survive 4th quarter. I'm so excited to be able to relax and enjoy the holidays for the first time in 4 years. I miss doing fulfillment, but not enough to go back to Target. I thought about on demand, but my 2 local stores (including the one I started at) both have strong ties to my old store's management team, and they are petty bitches so I don't think they would rehire me out of spite. It's ok though, there are 3 more stores within 30 minutes so I'll have options. Right now I've been focusing on my family. My daughter's mental health has improved greatly with me being here and my son has straight A's so far in his senior year.

You guys keep up your great work, fulfillment has definitely carried Target lately. I hope they are treating you well. Happy Holidays!

Just think of how much more money Spot would be making if they had an efficient online order system that actually worked instead of one where counts are constantly wrong and FF-TMs are expected to find (and are held accountable for not finding) items that aren't on hand and haven’t been for months. Imagine all the💰that wouldn’t be flying away💸💸💸.

Just think of how much more money Spot would be making if they had an efficient online order system that actually worked instead of one where counts are constantly wrong and FF-TMs are expected to find (and are held accountable for not finding) items that aren't on hand and haven’t been for months. Imagine all the💰that wouldn’t be flying away💸💸💸.
That's an issue with your store team, not the company. They're supposed to audit all holes after doing pulls and pushing the aisle, each day. It's in the modernization playbook.

Back