Just got sent this from a coworker... anyone have any more details on how this works? When it's being rolled out?
What...the? I'm not sure if this is going to be a disaster or not. Like. I'm cool with not having to keep zigzagging from my cart to hold and back to bagging while maneuvering around my team. But this process also seems like extra steps and extra headaches? Maybe it's just that they explained it really poorly in the graphic. I'm cautiously optimistic lol.

Though...that looks like myday or the pickup app and not epick...which, i do not like. Is this part of the rumored move of epick to myday they never completed? Or are they just going to make us arbitrarily switch apps? Or is it just my paranoia talking...

Just got sent this from a coworker... anyone have any more details on how this works? When it's being rolled out?
There was a reddit post about this that I can't find anymore but my guess is it's being tested right now since it wasn't there on wednesday when I last worked, but it is a separate app for put to hold like how pack&ship is separate. If they can stop the whole reprinting labels thing for multiple bags because people are lazy and seeing where other bags are from a different batch so GS can stop complaining that would be great. Would also like to see this eliminate having to click okay to scan the damn location label as well as cancel in the put to hold process so that if something is taken from the cart, noticed its damaged, missing pieces, or I habitually clicked done with quantities .

Last edited:
Haven't seen it yet but thank goodness!! Ridiculous how walking or running we have to do when there are multiple bags! (Due to how our stow area is set up

Why don’t they just have where we bag it as we pick. Once the bag is full print the label, move to a new bag. Once orders are complete we stow the bags. That would take out having to scan Items AGAIN, then Put to Hold.

Why don’t they just have where we bag it as we pick. Once the bag is full print the label, move to a new bag
They'd have to provide enough printers for fulfillment to always have multiple (working) ones on hand. And extras for when we pull from the floor for backup. Also, bag holders would have to be attached to carts, so those of us who use Ship carts for both sides of fulfillment would run into issues there.

It makes sense to bag as we pick, other store chains do exactly that. But target would have to actually want to solve logistical problems instead of just giving us more to deal with haha.

They'd have to provide enough printers for fulfillment to always have multiple (working) ones on hand. And extras for when we pull from the floor for backup. Also, bag holders would have to be attached to carts, so those of us who use Ship carts for both sides of fulfillment would run into issues there.

It makes sense to bag as we pick, other store chains do exactly that. But target would have to actually want to solve logistical problems instead of just giving us more to deal with haha.
True, of course they would. I’d want to try it but that would involve me carrying two printers and a roll of UPC labels & a roll of Fulfillment labels and it would just end up being too time consuming. I used to bag as I went when I first transferred to my current store. Before bag scanning was a thing. I could usually remember what I put in each bag and key all the DPCIs in.

I'm not sure if it's just my store that's doing a trial run of the new system, but it changes how you pack regular opu and grocery orders. Instead of going straight from picking to packing, E-pick just says "batch complete" and you have to go out and go to my day and into the fulfillment "put" option. Then you have to bag the stuff and then slap labels on all the bags, but instead of loading them into wacos like the old system you put them BACK INTO THE CART. Then when you're all done "prepping", you can finally sort them into wacos. It's really confusing, easy to mess up, and a big hassle, and the update somehow fucked with the grocery p-fresh stuff so now we can't type the dpci in for non-barcoded items.
Tl;Dr: It sucks and I hate it [/ quote]
--
OP at Reddit said they were having issues with produce and had to INF all the produce orders plus all the extra work involved with bagging and stowing orders

Last edited:
Hopefully the pilot stores are complaining often and loudly before this gets rolled out to everyone. I've seen some people suggest that it's not to help fulfillment, but those pulled to help... that's fine and dandy, but we're the ones that have to deal with it every day, and if its causing this many issues, then you're going to have to pull for support more, so are you really getting out ahead?

So yesterday was our first day with the sortation center and everything went smoothly, the trucks showed up on time and time, both of them had space for our pallets, and the whole wrapping the pallets but you have to tape the pallet label to the outside of the wrap because they do something with it at the sortation center. The weird thing is in addition to UPS and FEDEX ground which our store was using before we switched, we also had USPS and FEDEX express packages so it looks like they just use any carrier that it local to your area so I guess western states might also have ontrac lables. But even the express packages get put on the pallets with the rest of the stuff

Also I saw that last night the put to hold app was installed on the device so it looks like the new process is rolling out to more stores or probably nationwide since our store is never a test store for fulfillment stuff. There was nothing in workbench or the comm tab in myday and the app was not on the main screen but it was in the tep agent app

Updates from the March Monthly planner:
  • pick productivity will no longer include put to hold; UPH runs from start of batch until TM picks their last item
  • pick on time % will still measure from batch start to bag being stowed
  • if your daily forecast is at or above 3500 units, consider scheduling 2 fulfillment TMs (one to prep and one to stow at the same time). if you have more than 480 pickup units ready to put to hold at any given time, flex an additional fulfillment TM to bag and stow

• provide enhanced grocery PLU entering
  • move the reprint button to the main menu
  • require scanning every unit to increase accuracy
  • display hold locations of guest's previously stowed bags
  • send compliance warnings when a TM tries to stow in the wrong temperature zone hold location
  • display cooler, freezer, and adult beverage icon on OPU/DU label
overall I think they're some good improvements, but I'm not sure how the additional steps will affect how long it takes to put to hold vs the current process

• display hold locations of guest's previously stowed bags
  • send compliance warnings when a TM tries to stow in the wrong temperature zone hold location
  • display cooler, freezer, and adult beverage icon on OPU/DU label
Finallyyyyyy. Of all the changes they could've made, these 3 are the most helpful. This will make organizing between batches so much easier.
Plus for those brainless moments when I open the cooler door instead of the freezer door...glad there will be a pop up to remind me and others "yo not here, idiot" lol.

This is going to suck during back to school when people order hundreds of folders
Already do it for Ship from Store. And honestly I prefer scanning to typing the number in, though I can't formulate the words for why I like it more. Maybe it's the satisfying little beeps as you scan one thing 20 times, idk, haha.

Regardless, I think it'll be nice that the process for packing opu and Ship will be more aligned now, for training purposes.

Is there anything Target is doing to reduce the amount of plastic bags being used for OPU? I can't believe the amount of bags used for some people's orders. I'm pretty sure it's due to the way the orders are batched but tbh it's ridiculous. I also am in an area that charges for bags and due to time constraints and busy-ness of certain times of day (4-6 pm specifically) it is not always feasible to consolidate bags.

Already do it for Ship from Store. And honestly I prefer scanning to typing the number in, though I can't formulate the words for why I like it more. Maybe it's the satisfying little beeps as you scan one thing 20 times, idk, haha.
For me it's the fact that I don't have to adjust my grip from scanning to touch the screen and then back to scanning. Same with having to hit 'ok' before scanning a hold barcode. It slows me down.

For me it's the fact that I don't have to adjust my grip from scanning to touch the screen and then back to scanning. Same with having to hit 'ok' before scanning a hold barcode. It slows me down.
That's the point. You need to be sure you have actually filled the order before putting it to hold.

So where is the “print label” button? I don’t see one except for a “reprint button.” how do we tell it the bag is full and to print a label?

Back