Archived Flexible Fulfillment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, has anyones store rolled this out yet. Just curious on what peoples thoughts are towards this. Good or bad...

October 7th for us. I'm interested to see how this goes. I think it has potential to be pretty neat, but they could not have picked a worse time (from a TM perspective) to roll this out than right as 4th quarter starts.

October 7th for us. I'm interested to see how this goes. I think it has potential to be pretty neat, but they could not have picked a worse time (from a TM perspective) to roll this out than right as 4th quarter starts.

As TL this is my biggest worry. Especially because I am currently changing most of my GS staff so they will be new. I also find it interesting it wont include HBA...I can undrstand them not including food.

Early October for us. So glad I've moved to Pfresh and only deal with HLs about one day a week. Gonna be a mess at first.

I did my "official training" for this last week. And, I've gotta say, it seems surprisingly smooth. We moved guest service to the express checklane's, so we have this big vacant guest service desk just for flexible fulfillment. Of course, it just adds to the daunting list of things the gsa/gstl is responsible for at our store (since GSTM's are stuck at the express lanes.) But as long as we have the payroll for a TM to be our guests' personal shopping b*tch, I don't anticipate any major problems. We're supposedly opening up a new position, flexible fulfillment team member, eventually. Hopefully that'll let back room get their own work done.

Also, can we just take a minute to thank the Target God's that guest can't do grocery.

There aren't supposed to be team members that are solely flexible fulfillment. They are regular tms that have other jobs that break away and do the flexible fulfillment tasks as they drop. So it will probably end up being a hardlines or backroom tm most days. A lot of people are supposed to be trained on flexible fulfillment so that there is always someone working who knows how to do the tasks right.

Ya being serious? Because if anything in the store ends up being eligible for flexible fulfillment and flexible fulfillment really takes off in store, then I could see the need for solely flexible fulfillment tms. I can't really see that taking off that great with guests though. Plus doesn't target want guests to walk around the store and make those impulse purchases? Seems a lot harder to do if they're ordering everything online.

But maybe I'm being less than optimistic about the future of shopping.

Well I have in-stocks TMs that don't know how to press create batch before noon, so I should be able to pull a few FFs between 12 and 1.

Looks like etl-ge is the FF captain. Backroom team is your FF team members. Its not an actual position just an addition to their regular duties.

Let's see as a dayside backroom TM it's already my responsibility to:

Pull the CAF batches
Push the CAF Pulls
Respond to location checks
Backstock Anything left from the morning
Pull POGs
Make a Bale
Push anything that IS leaves and the Autofills from the morning that don't get pushed

Now I am going to be tasked with something else all while getting less hours to do my job than I did three years ago when I had less responsibility. What a fucking joke. I hope this is a disaster like most of the other dumbass ideas this company forces on us.

Well I have in-stocks TMs that don't know how to press create batch before noon, so I should be able to pull a few FFs between 12 and 1.

IS batches are automatically created during scans. There is no "create batch" unless they are doing stand alones and those would not be IS batches.

Pull the CAF batches
Push the CAF Pulls
Pull POGs
Make a Bale
Push anything that IS leaves and the Autofills from the morning that don't get pushed

Now I am going to be tasked with something else all while getting less hours to do my job than I did three years ago when I had less responsibility. What a fucking joke. I hope this is a disaster like most of the other dumbass ideas this company forces on us.

At my store backroom is going to get 80 more hours a week because of ff. It really shouldnt take that long or be hard as long as your br is located correctly.

Pull the CAF batches
Push the CAF Pulls
Pull POGs
Make a Bale

At my store backroom is going to get 80 more hours a week because of ff. It really shouldnt take that long or be hard as long as your br is located correctly.

On our newest schedule(with this garbage) we got an extra eight hours. That's going to help so much having a whole eight hours to make this work.

This is nice for guests BUT I know there is going to be some mad guests as OH are NOT always accurate and in-stocks at our store only gets to do our job about 2x a month.

Theres a safety measure for this . If we are low on quantity for an item they will not let the item be able to be bought.

IS batches are automatically created during scans. There is no "create batch" unless they are doing stand alones and those would not be IS batches.
I don't remember exactly what type it was, but is this why they're supposed to stop at 11? It's near impossible to pull the 12 o'clock CAFs and research in an hour.

Pull the CAF batches
Push the CAF Pulls
Pull POGs
Make a Bale

I don't push CAFs since we have a pusher. My task list for the week:

Pull CAFs
Pull Research
Pull POGs
Pull MIRs
Pull item(s) for guests
Do the trash
Make a bale
Load the truck for the sweep
Backstock whatever 4am can't finish
Clean up whatever 4am left
Item merge report

I'm not getting paid enough to deal with everything

as an opening backroom team member my responsibilites on a truck day will now be

1. do the backroom audit (ETL work)
2. pull the autos
3. pull price change
4. do empty location report
5. pull flexible fulfillment (before 9 am, i dont come in til 7:30 am mind you)
6. backstock thee entire truck (1300-2300 pieces) before 12:30 pm so i can go on lunch before the 1:00 cafs drop
7. pull the 1:00 and 2:00 cafs cuz are closer doesn't come in 'til 3

scheduled off at 3 sometimes 2:30 (always end up stayin late) and do all this with a total of 2 1/2 backroom team members until the closer comes in at 3

WOW WOW WOW holy fucking bullshit and all while we have sometimes 5-6 ETLs in the store doing absolutely nothing and we have planogram and TL's bringing us more backstock on top of the truck backstock and we have to pull pog batches and salesplanners are you fucking kidding me oh yeah and our flow team is horrible they just dump backstock into repacks disorganizing and damaging product along the way, everyday we have soap leaking all over shit, we literally get laundry soap with no lids on it, once had a glass gallon of apple juice in a repack with no lid on it, i almost walk off the job everyday

Last edited:

We are getting 0 hours to do this. It's being dumped on us as extra work.

Same here no extra hours, it's considered an extra assignment not an extra position. STL has told us though that if it takes off and is really big then we can expect extra hours coming down later.

oh yeah and our flow team is horrible they just dump backstock into repacks disorganizing and damaging product along the way, everyday we have soap leaking all over shit, we literally get laundry soap with no lids on it, once had a glass gallon of apple juice in a repack with no lid on it, i almost walk off the job everyday
You really shouldn't allow that to go unchecked. Chemical spills aren't a joke, team trainers should be cleaning that up and getting rid of defective chems properly.

i complain about it all the time, nothing happens, the "wave" stock process allows for zero accountability, and we have multiple idiots on our flow team, no amount of training is gonna make them smarter, they need to be fired but like i said, zero accountability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back