Archived Flow team questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have my orientation tomorrow for a seasonal flow team opening, it's the 4 am shift. I was wondering, if the rumors of a midnight opening on Black Friday are true, does anyone have any ideas on what my hours will be like that night? I am trying to schedule my family travel plans as early as possible. Thanks!!

Hard to say, some of the flow are working crowd control, others are doing register and others will will be making sure the shelves are full but everyone is going to be on the floor.
But pretty much expect to be working the morning before and then again that night or at least that's what our flow team is up against.

Same here, I hate to sound like the bearer of bad news, but, welcome to the retail world! Timeoff during the holidays is a rare commodity, its just the nature of the beast.

Hello, I have my orientation tomorrow for a seasonal flow team opening, it's the 4 am shift. I was wondering, if the rumors of a midnight opening on Black Friday are true, does anyone have any ideas on what my hours will be like that night? I am trying to schedule my family travel plans as early as possible. Thanks!!
Sorry to tell you...don't be planning to go to far for Thanksgiving.

Some of my old Target contacts are working 10pm-630am, then coming back again and doing 330pm-11pm.

We are overnights through early January. We were told in our huddle earlier this week we'll be getting a double that Wednesday night. Then we won't be returning to work until Friday night. Each store is different, would be best to ask your ETL-Log this question. Welcome to our forums.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm trying to get some extra Christmas $$ so I don't have to dip into my grad school fund to pay bills, etc. because stretching out money will be so hard this year, trying to figure out if this job will be a good fit for my classes and other work schedule. Everyone was really helpful and friendly at Orientation, although it was hard to swallow all the anti-unionizing crap they fed us. I won't be there long enough to even be worrying about the pros and cons of unionizing, but I thought it was completely unethical for them to show the video and have us discuss why unionizing wasn't something we should be a part of.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm trying to get some extra Christmas $$ so I don't have to dip into my grad school fund to pay bills, etc. because stretching out money will be so hard this year, trying to figure out if this job will be a good fit for my classes and other work schedule. Everyone was really helpful and friendly at Orientation, although it was hard to swallow all the anti-unionizing crap they fed us. I won't be there long enough to even be worrying about the pros and cons of unionizing, but I thought it was completely unethical for them to show the video and have us discuss why unionizing wasn't something we should be a part of.

Yep, unions are Spot's biggest boogyman.
They know that they couldn't get away with treating their employees in the way they do (or at least they would have to pay a lot more to do it) if they had to go through a union.

Welcome to the forum!

For years past my store uses the Flow team members during the morning when we open to push the merchandise to the floor, they won't be getting any trucks but there will be plenty of reshop and push there for people to do! Usually they will be there bright and early so expect a midnight start for your shift.

NO one gets Black Friday off, everyone works regardless of workcenter!

we have to show all the videos - since many seasonal team members become regular team members after the holidays - we treat every orientation the same - welcoming and thorough. Welcome to you!!

No truck on Black Friday either. Flow would come in and push autofills. Those trained for ad would help complete it. They were all assinged an area to help guests, especially toys. We would have stock staged on the truckline to replenish as soon as it sold out. They would also kill and fill wiped out endcaps. My electronic team members would help in the boat and my softlines ladies would keep up with reshop. The whole team started at different times. Pushing the manual cafs I dropped were their specialty to quickly replenish the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back