Archived Flow Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know that Flow almost always stays past their schedules. So my issue is, my store's management is terrible. They have people walking out, quitting, at least 3 times a week. So our flow team is 20 people for a Super Target. Are we actually required to stay the full 11 hours to get the trucks done?

11 hours to get truck done? Your store has serious issues.

And no you don't have to stay past your scheduled shift. However it looks better to management if your willing to stay later.

No, you don't have to stay but it is of course more money when you do.

A new Flow TM at my store had worked with us for a month and one day we were going into our 11th hour (finished GM truck, almost done FDC) when he mentioned that he gets dropped off and picked up and he doesn't like that his ride is usually waiting 2-3 hours in the parking lot.

Turns out nobody told him that staying past schedule was optional...

You do not have to stay past your scheduled time. Your etls may lead you to think you have to stay but you don't. However, if you don't stay then if you find yourself in need of hours and you go to them it could be used against you. They will say well you could had stayed to push the truck....you wouldn't so why should we give you hours now. Personally, the way I see it is if you don't want to stay then don't. My store will schedule the flow team for four hours then if the truck is not done they ask them to stay...which in theory is fine...but if they say no then flow team lead ( and I have heard him tell people this) Well, I cant stop you from leaving at your scheduled time...but you are burning bridges. Ask me to stay nicely...and I almost always will but on that rare chance I say no don't pretty much threaten me.

My store schedules most flow members for 4 hours but rotates a few for full shifts just in case so at least you can hobble through an unfinished truck if no one stays.

11 hours to get truck done? Your store has serious issues.
Our flow team is severely under staffed. ( But that is because there have serious issues that don't get resolved.)

Thanks for all the help. I'm a full time student in school and only want to work 25 hours a week. The store that I used to work at had flow team work about that many hours in a week, so I was assuming it would be similar at a new store. But I was mistaken. They told me that our job expectation is to have our work done, so if we leave at our scheduled time, we can be written up. They have terrible management at this store and have lots of issues keeping people. I've been flow team for 5 years, just a few months at this store, but I think I'm going to be one of the people that doesn't stick around.

It's not illegal in any for them to force you to stay past your shift as long as they pay what you are due. Target policy may vary but at least in my store they can only ask you to change your schedule they can't force you, despite how the ETL and TL will ask the question. Although your ETL and TL are free to put you in the dog house for not bending to their whim.

TMs can't be forced to stay past schedule and it shouldn't (notice I didn't say can't) be used against them. They can't write you up but unfortunately they can do other harmful things. I was pissed when the team left and the truck wasn't done but I didn't take it out on TMs. I was pissed because of the shitty payroll and Target.

we start at 4 am at out store which open at 8 am , so by the time we are open we are done with most of Market and HPA

We start at 4:00am and is REQUIRED to finish all grocery by 8. We tend to struggle a bit since there are usually about 6 of us working all W isles.

I did hear something about this from a store in my district...they are moving the unload from 7:30 t 6am and POG moves to 8am with pricing. they are roughly an 18M store. But my store which is a 35M store has to be 6am too? wheres the logic? hopefully we can go back to 4am...

i am on pog and we moved from 7:30 am to 6:00 am like 3-4 weeks ago, tl had a meeting with us and honestly i like it way more. flow team sucks, and are lazy as hell at my store. but before i know it, it's 11:00 am and i'm 5hrs in, heading to lunch shortly!

Oh, thanks I have tried to learn how to read it. Why does it have to be so to y and cryptic? It is like the f#!@& Rosetta stone . How do they ever figure it out? No wonder those people all walk around with such serious faces. Like scientists or something

You don't have to stay, but that didn't save any TMs at my former store from being performanced out after several instances of refusing to stay past their scheduled time.

What is p o g. pls I can't find it anywhere
Thanks
Oath2 order is correct. You can try our wiki or our target terms with the word in our search window in the upper right. Currently spot folks are under stress right now, due to less hours, poor sales, & bad mgt decisions. Being here is a great place to vent & talk to other folks about the concerns or issues.

i am on pog and we moved from 7:30 am to 6:00 am like 3-4 weeks ago, tl had a meeting with us and honestly i like it way more. flow team sucks, and are lazy as hell at my store. but before i know it, it's 11:00 am and i'm 5hrs in, heading to lunch shortly!
What size store are you? Or how much do you guys usually make annually?

I
wish we could go back to 6am... I'd even do 4 to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back