Archived Flow TL and LOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do they get to work in the mornings. I do sales floor and flow and I closed last night I didn't get out until 11:30pm-ish and I only got around 2-3 hours of sleep. I feel horrible my LOD and TL really like me plus I close again tonight is it okay to tell them that I can't make it to work this morning since I feel like crap?

This used to happen to me I was a flow tm that was moved to the backroom and hr loved to make me closed and then open on flow >.>

Flow TL usually gets there 30-60 min before the unload starts. Our opening LOD will usually arrive between 6:30 and 7:30.

This happened to me a few times during Q4 when I was working tons of random hours and I found that the best way to get through it was to sleep as much as possible the day before, and then just not sleep between shifts.

Ex: Sleep til 2pm, get up and work 4p-12a. Then go home and watch TV, and go back and work 4a-12p. Then go home and sleep.

That sounds like hell.
It sounded better when I was being paid OT... But if the OP is working less than 40 hours and has plenty of free time to mess with sleep patterns it might be worth a shot.

What time do they get to work in the mornings. I do sales floor and flow and I closed last night I didn't get out until 11:30pm-ish and I only got around 2-3 hours of sleep. I feel horrible my LOD and TL really like me plus I close again tonight is it okay to tell them that I can't make it to work this morning since I feel like crap?

First, who ever does your scheduling, needs to seek help.

Second, I come in 30 min before my team with a "core" setup team, aka CLEAN UP what the BR doesn't setup correctly! :mad: This is an extreme sore point with me and my team, and the BRTL & BRTM's....

LOD's come in about 30-60mins or possibly more later... depends... my ETL comes in normally about the start time for the rest of the Flow Team, so that makes him LOD, technically, till the "official scheduled" LOD comes in, unless of course that is them..they do their own thing... ;)

Lastly, ummmmm... as to calling out... is it alright... well... mmmmm.... NO. When it comes to the schedule, I work it, no whining, the schedule is a no whine zone. I for YEARS self induced clopens... I would come in for some sort of shift and leave at 2230 or 2300 and come back at 0330 for truck, or even when we changed (forced) to 0600, come in at 0530. Did for years.. Its called WORK ETHIC. Yes, it sucks... but on the self induced ones, no whining, I CHOSE to DO IT. That is how I got hours and kept benefits... cut throat on the swap board! :) :) If your schedule is making you physically sick then it is time to speak to TL's, ETL's, and HR.

Now I will say this, that ROUTINELY SCHEDULING TM's this way is BAD PRACTICE!!!! :( :( I don't think it should be done ROUTINELY, especially the way your post infers. IF you do it BY CHOICE that is one thing, but a regular schedule this way, is well, just wrong. I don't care who you are CLOPEN should just about be banned.. There is a "rule" that is routinely ignored, that you are supposed to be off 6-8? hours between shifts.... If you chose to do it fine. I know if your performance were to drop, we would be having a discussion on it in re why, and if it is the schedule then I would be removing you from shifts that were not your primary WC, if it is Flow any way... or vice versa if SF. Or even if. Flow needs top performance... tired TM's on FLOW don't work! :) : ) ;)

You get your schedule 2 weeks in advance. If you have a problem with the hours, ask to change them, or swap shifts. Calling out is not the answer. Depending on your TL, it could result in a pdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back