Archived FMLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother is seriously ill, and I want to take care of her. What is the maximum LoA i can take? And would it be paid leave or unpaid? TIA.

Fmla is unpaid, and 12 weeks per year. If you average 19.5 hours, and have 1 year of service, you qualify for 4 weeks paid family leave with the new benefit. I would think any store would work with you to get the time you need via personal leave too.

Fmla is unpaid, and 12 weeks per year. If you average 19.5 hours, and have 1 year of service, you qualify for 4 weeks paid family leave with the new benefit. I would think any store would work with you to get the time you need via personal leave too.
My store is doing everything it can do I DO NOT get to 19.5 average. It may not be intentional, but it’s funny I’m scheduled 20 hours three weeks a month and 16 hours for the other week. Obviously this drops the average below 20. I need the time in November for spousal child care, but I doubt I will get it.

My store is doing everything it can do I DO NOT get to 19.5 average. It may not be intentional, but it’s funny I’m scheduled 20 hours three weeks a month and 16 hours for the other week. Obviously this drops the average below 20. I need the time in November for spousal child care, but I doubt I will get it.
Can’t speak for Spot, but I worked for another retailer, and when they did that it was intentional. Talk about 🐓💩...

FMLA is not paid/unpaid per se. It depends on your employer. My employer grants paid FMLA so long as you have enough Annual and/or Sick leave to cover what you are requesting. If not, you can request leave without pay.

Can’t speak for Spot, but I worked for another retailer, and when they did that it was intentional. Talk about 🐓💩...
Yeah I am assuming it is intentional and I calculated what I would need to get my average over the 19.5 needed, and it turns out to be 24.67 for the next 12 weeks (until November).

I would never get 24.67, because we only get four hour shifts, and even with 6 of those a week, I still wouldn’t make it.

Our state's FMLA provides additional time to whatever the employer provides. Other states may do the same. In our state employees are eligible for state leave if: they have worked for the company for at least a year. they worked at least 1,000 hours (federal FMLA is 1,250 hours) during the previous year, and. they work at a location with at least 50 employees within a 75-mile radius. An employer must permit the employee to take up to 2 weeks of leave for their own serious health condition in a calendar year, up to 2 weeks for the serious health condition of a parent, child or spouse, and up to 6 weeks for the birth or adoption of a child. This leave may be taken as needed in blocks or intermittently as needed by the employee. Average hours do not play a role here. Here is the federal link: U.S. Department of Labor — Wage and Hour Division (WHD) — FMLA Employer Guide - https://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/employerguide.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back