Food and Beverage Expert, AP ETL offered me AP Job

Food and Beverage Expert here, been working at target for 9 months and the AP ETL has recently been making small talk with me, today he offered me the AP position, I'm in Southern California.

How's it like being in AP? Should I transfer / switch over?

I'm a small dude so I couldn't really imagine myself trying to apprehend people, I've never gotten into a physical fight.

I wouldn't mind getting confrontational though, I've done sales in the past and approaching people and having people get super pissed off at me doesn't bother me much.

How do I know if the job is a good fit for me? Any AP TM's out there with good advice? Thanks in advance

You can not transfer depts if you are on ca.

You can not transfer depts if you are on ca.
Reading through his previous post again, I don’t see where he said he was on a CA. He was coached for attendance but, I don’t think it was a CA.

Reading through his previous post again, I don’t see where he said he was on a CA. He was coached for attendance but, I don’t think it was a CA.
I would verify with HR and in Workday whether it was a coaching or CA.

I had a coaching that ended being a CA that my TL never even told me about until it showed up in Workday a week later.

I never acknowledged it.

I am sure it was just a conicidence that during that "coaching" I asked to be transferred to another department.

Oh sorry you can't transfer with a CA!

I would verify with HR and in Workday whether it was a coaching or CA.

I had a coaching that ended being a CA that my TL never even told me about until it showed up in Workday a week later.

I never acknowledged it.

I am sure it was just a conicidence that during that "coaching" I asked to be transferred to another department.

Oh sorry you can't transfer with a CA!

Those Coachings that turn into CA's without you knowing it are very much a thing.

I have never understand why they don't promote a TM into AP especially if they have experience as a cashier.

Then again I was transferred to my current department without being asked years ago.

Last edited:
Back