• Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

Last edited by a moderator:
My old store was supposed to go through this program, but corporate is already 4+ months behind schedule in starting this program.

They aren't giving any of the FATM the option of training for SB?
Harsh.

My old store was supposed to go through this program, but corporate is already 4+ months behind schedule in starting this program.
My store was supposed to go under renovation last summer. We were supposed to have electronics moved and starbucks put in. But, that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Anyone here Lost there GS Desk and had it moved over to the express lanes? SB opening in it's former place, and FA being untouched?

Anyone here Lost there GS Desk and had it moved over to the express lanes? SB opening in it's former place, and FA being untouched?

There are a couple threads about iGS. Reading those threads made me glad that my store isn't ULV (among other things).

There are a couple threads about iGS. Reading those threads made me glad that my store isn't ULV (among other things).

So iGS (Interactive Guest Service??) is only for ULV stores?

Integrated. :D I'm not certain what the official threshold is, but higher volume stores have too much guest traffic to get rid of their service desks.

But our food cafe/ave is rarely busy except for weekends. I believe starbucks will bring in more sales to our store.

For those who have starbucks in their stores, is it popular (like help make sales)?
Our Starbux is quite busy even with a few stand-alones nearby.
It may also depend on your demographic. If your FA wasn't attracting much business, a Starbux may not fare much better.

My Starbucks is hugely popular. We have some of the best retail sales for our district, as well as drinks..... We have many TM trained for both FA and Starbucks as we have had both for many years now.....

But our food cafe/ave is rarely busy except for weekends. I believe starbucks will bring in more sales to our store.

For those who have starbucks in their stores, is it popular (like help make sales)?
Our Starbux is quite busy even with a few stand-alones nearby.
It may also depend on your demographic. If your FA wasn't attracting much business, a Starbux may not fare much better.

Ditto this. There are at least 3 around our store and it is still fairly busy. I wish they would partner with Dunkin' Donuts instead, their coffee tastes so much better!

So iGS (Interactive Guest Service??) is only for ULV stores?

Integrated. :D I'm not certain what the official threshold is, but higher volume stores have too much guest traffic to get rid of their service desks.

It also has to do with space constraints post remodel and whether or not your store would be more profitable with one of the the VGS strategies. My store got IGS with our remodel and so is every other store in the district that is remodeling, and there aren't any ULV stores in my district. I haven't been to any new stores that will open at the end of July, but I'd be interested to see if they are being built with a dedicated GS

They aren't giving any of the FATM the option of training for SB?
Harsh.

That's crazy! My Starbucks TL opened the unit at our store 9 years ago after they took out the Taco Bell where she was working.

^This. Our 1st SBTL later moved to FA.
He's made sure that all FA & SB TMs are cross-trained in BOTH areas. It helps TMs pick up hrs & makes scheduling easy.

^This. Our 1st SBTL later moved to FA.
He's made sure that all FA & SB TMs are cross-trained in BOTH areas. It helps TMs pick up hrs & makes scheduling easy.

We NEED that at our store so badly. We've had times where either FA or SB is overstaffed and the other has one person running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I've been dragged over to try to help at FA, but I can't even figure out how to use their register.

I wish we had more hours to do the cross-training that needs to happen. My TL had to send our new hires to lower volume stores to get them trained because our management refused to give her enough training hours....

I will have to look at said list, but I am almost positive we are not getting a Starbucks of any kind. For one there is already one in a Barnes and Noble near us. Two, everytime I have asked about it (I ask about once a year) I get the same answer "Not gonna happen".

THIS! My store would choke if we had to do iGS. Our service desk sometimes needs three people to man it.

Maybe the change is good. I am also hoping their is a PA level position in starbucks so I can have a change in scenery.

Sorry, but not really. In FA and Starbucks, you just have the TL and the TM's. In the store, the only other PA equivalent positions (that I know of) are going to be GSA for the front end, and Electronics TM. There may be more, but I can't think of any.

I wish they would partner with Dunkin' Donuts instead, their coffee tastes so much better!

Not gonna happen as far as I know. Walmart seems to have the corner on the Dunkin's

My Starbucks TL opened the unit at our store 9 years ago after they took out the Taco Bell where she was working.

Man, that is one partnership I wish would have gone company wide.

Maybe the change is good. I am also hoping their is a PA level position in starbucks so I can have a change in scenery.

Sorry, but not really. In FA and Starbucks, you just have the TL and the TM's. In the store, the only other PA equivalent positions (that I know of) are going to be GSA for the front end, and Electronics TM. There may be more, but I can't think of any.

Some high-volume Food Avenues have a Food Service Assistant (FSA), but they're few and far between.

My Starbucks TL opened the unit at our store 9 years ago after they took out the Taco Bell where she was working.

Man, that is one partnership I wish would have gone company wide.

I'm glad my store doesn't have one. Even though I don't drink coffee or tea, I'll take Starbucks over McDonald's-esque tacos any day.

I will have to look at said list, but I am almost positive we are not getting a Starbucks of any kind. For one there is already one in a Barnes and Noble near us. Two, everytime I have asked about it (I ask about once a year) I get the same answer "Not gonna happen".

We are the main anchor of a strip mall, and our Super Target has a Starbucks, with a Barnes and Noble about 4 stores down.

We are the main anchor of a strip mall, and our Super Target has a Starbucks, with a Barnes and Noble about 4 stores down.

I've seen a Target that was RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a B&N and they still had a Starbucks. The Target SB was busier... Everyone at the B&N was just reading sans coffee.

Yeh, we're in between a stand-alone SB & a store with a SB kiosk & we still do a respectable amount of business.
Of course, it helps that we're hi-vol too.

Some high-volume Food Avenues have a Food Service Assistant (FSA), but they're few and far between.

FSAs are also in some stores that have a SB/FA TL for when SB does too many sales to be over both, but not enough to get a FATL. My store just got one not too long ago. We're ULV. I'm guessing you could get one if the FA sales are too high (as opposed to FB sales).

FSA are for stores that have over $500,000 per year in Food Service areas combined. They're backups to the TLs.

If your store does even more than that (1 million or more in sales) hear they also get an ETL that oversees just those two departments.

What happens if you just have one TL to cover both Starbucks and FA? Our store is eliminating the Starbucks TL position and our FATL is NOT happy about having to take over his duties...I'm hoping she at least gets an FSA out of the deal to help out, but who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back